Strategic determinants for the selection of partner alliances in the Indian tour operator industry: A cross-national study
The purpose of this study is to investigate the strategic determinants for the selection of partner alliances in the Indian tour operator industry. Using data from 102 UK, USA, Canadian and French tour operators in India, the study revealed that there is a set of partner selection criteria that is of most importance. The study revealed that nationality of the international tour operator is the major characteristic that discriminates partner selection criteria. Alliance performance is positively associated, in a descending order, with tour package formulation efficiency, technological expertise, local operation expertise, and marketing system and status. Thus, the study indicates some clear messages to policy makers and practitioners.
Volume (Year): 47 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/bibliographic|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J Michael Geringer, 1991. "Strategic Determinants of Partner Selection Criteria in International Joint Ventures," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 22(1), pages 41-62, March.
- Nielsen, Bo Bernhard, 2007. "Determining international strategic alliance performance: A multidimensional approach," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 337-361, June.
- Jarillo, J. Carlos, 1989. "Entrepreneurship and growth: the strategic use of external resources," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 133-147, March.
- Chen, Homin & Chen, Tain-Jy, 2003. "Governance structures in strategic alliances: transaction cost versus resource-based perspective," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 1-14, February.
- Lee Cronbach, 1951. "Coefficient alpha and the internal structure of tests," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 16(3), pages 297-334, September.
- Keith D Brouthers, 2002. "Institutional, Cultural and Transaction Cost Influences on Entry Mode Choice and Performance," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 33(2), pages 203-221, June.
- Yigang Pan & Xiaolian Li, 2000. "Joint Ventures Formation of Very Large Multinational Firms," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 31(1), pages 179-189, March.
- Dacin, M. Tina & Hitt, Michael A. & Levitas, Edward, 1997. "Selecting partners for successful international alliances: Examination of U.S. and Korean firms," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 3-16, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:worbus:v:47:y:2012:i:2:p:167-177. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.