Type of Work Matters: Women's Labor Force Participation and the Child Sex Ratio in Turkey
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Morvaridi, Behrooz, 1992. "Gender Relations in Agriculture: Women in Turkey," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(3), pages 567-586, April.
- Duncan Thomas, 1990.
"Intra-Household Resource Allocation: An Inferential Approach,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 25(4), pages 635-664.
- Thomas, D., 1989. "Intra-Household Resource Allocation: An Inferential Approach," Papers 586, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Aksit, Belma & Aksit, Bahattin, 1989. "Sociocultural determinants of infant and child mortality in Turkey," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 571-576, January.
- Kynch, Jocelyn & Sen, Amartya, 1983. "Indian Women: Well-Being and Survival," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(3-4), pages 363-380, September.
- Aslanbeigui, Nahid & Summerfield, Gale, 1989. "Impact of the responsibility system on women in rural China: An application of Sen's theory of entitlements," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 343-350, March.
- Kumar, Gopalakrishna, 1989. "Gender, Differential Mortality and Development: The Experience of Kerala," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(4), pages 517-539, December.
- Case, Anne C, 1991. "Spatial Patterns in Household Demand," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(4), pages 953-965, July.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R & Schultz, T Paul, 1982. "Market Opportunities, Genetic Endowments, and Intrafamily Resource Distribution: Child Survival in Rural India," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(4), pages 803-815, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Seguino, Stephanie, 2002. "Gender, quality of life, and growth in Asia 1070 to 1990," MPRA Paper 6547, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Seguino, Stephanie, 2006. "The great equalizer?: Globalization effects on gender equality in Latin America and the Caribbean," MPRA Paper 6509, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ksp:journ6:v:4:y:2017:i:1:p:87-93 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tin-chi Lin & Alícia Adserà, 2013.
"Son Preference and Children’s Housework: The Case of India,"
Population Research and Policy Review,
Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 32(4), pages 553-584, August.
- Lin, Tin-chi & Adsera, Alicia, 2012. "Son Preference and Children's Housework: The Case of India," IZA Discussion Papers 6929, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rebeca A. Echávarri, 2006. "Gender Bias in Sex Ratio at Birth: The Case of India," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra 0605, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- Clémentine Sadania, 2016. "Working and Women’s Empowerment in the Egyptian Household: The Type of Work and Location Matter," Working Papers halshs-01525220, HAL.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:28:y:2000:i:5:p:861-878. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .