Regional airline capacity, tourism demand and housing prices: A case study of New Zealand
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Albalate, Daniel & Bel, Germà, 2010. "Tourism and urban public transport: Holding demand pressure under supply constraints," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 425-433.
- Christopher M. Law, 1992. "Urban Tourism and its Contribution to Economic Regeneration," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 29(3-4), pages 599-618, May.
- Hite, Diane & Chern, Wen & Hitzhusen, Fred & Randall, Alan, 2001. "Property-Value Impacts of an Environmental Disamenity: The Case of Landfills," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 22(2-3), pages 185-202, March-May.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995.
"Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990. "Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models," CEP Discussion Papers dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Mete Feridun*, 2007.
"Immigration, income and unemployment: an application of the bounds testing approach to cointegration,"
Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 41(1), pages 37-49, September.
- Feridun, Mete, 2007. "Immigration, income and unemployment: an application of the bounds testing approach to cointegration," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 7928, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Hausman, Jerry A & Taylor, William E, 1981.
"Panel Data and Unobservable Individual Effects,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(6), pages 1377-1398, November.
- Richard K. Green, 2007. "Airports and Economic Development," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 35(1), pages 91-112, March.
- Charlie Cooper & Nigel Morpeth, 1998. "The Impact of Tourism on Residential Experience in Central-eastern Europe: The Development of a New Legitimation Crisis in the Czech Republic," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 35(12), pages 2253-2275, December.
- Jan K. Brueckner, 2003. "Airline Traffic and Urban Economic Development," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 40(8), pages 1455-1469, July.
- Emma L. Schultz & David T. Tan & Kathleen D. Walsh, 2010.
"Endogeneity and the corporate governance - performance relation,"
Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 35(2), pages 145-163, August.
- Emma L. Schultz & David T. Tan & Kathleen Walsh, 2010. "Endogeneity and the corporate governance - performance relation," Published Paper Series 2010-6, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Warnock-Smith, David & O’Connell, John F., 2011. "The impact of air policy on incoming tourist traffic: the contrasting cases of the Caribbean Community and the Middle-East," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 265-274.
- Balli, Faruk & Balli, Hatice O. & Jean Louis, Rosmy, 2016. "The impacts of immigrants and institutions on bilateral tourism flows," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 221-229.
- Jeffrey P. Cohen & Cletus C. Coughlin, 2008.
"Spatial Hedonic Models Of Airport Noise, Proximity, And Housing Prices,"
Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(5), pages 859-878, December.
- Jeffrey P. Cohen & Cletus C. Coughlin, 2006. "Spatial hedonic models of airport noise, proximity, and housing prices," Working Papers 2006-026, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Steven Stillman & David C. Maré, 2008.
"Housing Markets and Migration: Evidence from New Zealand,"
08_06, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Dean Hyslop & Trinh Le & David C. Maré & Steven Stillman, 2019. "Housing markets and migration – Evidence from New Zealand," Working Papers 19_14, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Amy Wood & Ilan Noy & Miles Parker, 2016. "The Canterbury rebuild five years on from the Christchurch earthquake," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 79, pages 1-16, February.
- Robert J. Shiller, 2007.
"Understanding recent trends in house prices and homeownership,"
Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 89-123.
- Shiller, Robert J., 2007. "Understanding Recent Trends in House Prices and Home Ownership," Working Papers 28, Yale University, Department of Economics.
- Robert J. Shiller, 2007. "Understanding Recent Trends in House Prices and Home Ownership," NBER Working Papers 13553, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert J. Shiller, 2007. "Understanding Recent Trends in House Prices and Home Ownership," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1630, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Oct 2007.
- Robert Shiller, 2007. "Understanding Recent Trends in House Prices and Home Ownership," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2557, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Nov 2007.
- Raffaele Paci & Emanuela Marrocu, 2014.
"Tourism and regional growth in Europe,"
Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 93, pages 25-50, November.
- E. Marrocu & R. Paci, 2012. "Tourism and regional growth in Europe," Working Paper CRENoS 201235, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Raffaele Paci & Emanuela Marrocu, 2013. "Tourism and regional growth in Europe," ERSA conference papers ersa13p40, European Regional Science Association.
- Bianca Biagi & Maria G. Brandano & Dionysia Lambiri, 2015. "Does Tourism Affect House Prices? Evidence from Italy," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(3), pages 501-528, September.
- Elias Oikarinen & Janne Engblom, 2016. "Differences in housing price dynamics across cities: A comparison of different panel model specifications," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 53(11), pages 2312-2329, August.
- Lu, Jin-Long & Peeta, Srinivas, 2009. "Analysis of the factors that influence the relationship between business air travel and videoconferencing," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 43(8), pages 709-721, October.
- Chin, Anthony & Hooper, Paul & Oum, Tae Hoon, 1999. "The impacts of the Asian Economic Crises on Asian Airlines: short-run responses and long-run effects," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 87-96.
- Schiff, Aaron & Becken, Susanne, 2011. "Demand elasticity estimates for New Zealand tourism," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 564-575.
- Jeffrey P. Cohen & Cletus C. Coughlin, 2009. "Changing Noise Levels and Housing Prices Near the Atlanta Airport," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 287-313, June.
- Stephen J Appold, 2015. "The Impact of Airports on US Urban Employment Distribution," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 47(2), pages 412-429, February.
- Sef Baaijens & Peter Nijkamp & Kees Van Montfort, 1998. "Explanatory Meta-analysis for the Comparison and Transfer of Regional Tourist Income Multipliers," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(9), pages 839-849.
- Li, Xiaoying & Liu, Xiaming, 2005. "Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Growth: An Increasingly Endogenous Relationship," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 393-407, March.
- Volodymyr Bilotkach, 2015. "Are airports engines of economic development? A dynamic panel data approach," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 52(9), pages 1577-1593, July.
- Wang, Kun & Gong, Qiang & Fu, Xiaowen & Fan, Xingli, 2014. "Frequency and aircraft size dynamics in a concentrated growth market: The case of the Chinese domestic market," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 50-58.
- Leung, Charles Ka Yui & Shi, Song & Ho Tang, Edward Chi, 2013.
"Commodity house prices,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(6), pages 875-887.
- Leung, Charles Ka Yui & Shi, Song & Tang, Edward Chi Ho, 2013. "Commodity house prices," MPRA Paper 49489, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Charles Ka Yui Leung & Song Shi & Edward Tang, 2013. "Commodity house prices," Globalization Institute Working Papers 154, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, revised 2013.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Duval, David Timothy & Schiff, Aaron, 2011. "Effect of air services availability on international visitors to New Zealand," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 175-180.
- Patricia Fraser & Lynn McAlevey, 2015. "New Zealand regional house prices and macroeconomic shocks," Journal of Property Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(4), pages 279-300, December.
- Bieger, Thomas & Wittmer, Andreas, 2006. "Air transport and tourismâ€”Perspectives and challenges for destinations, airlines and governments," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 40-46.
- Jeanty, P. Wilner & Partridge, Mark & Irwin, Elena, 2010. "Estimation of a spatial simultaneous equation model of population migration and housing price dynamics," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 343-352, September.
- Ned Levine, 1999. "The Effects of Local Growth Controls on Regional Housing Production and Population Redistribution in California," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 36(12), pages 2047-2068, November.
More about this item
KeywordsRegional tourism demand; Airline capacity; Regional housing prices; 3SLS structural model; New Zealand's smaller airports; Regional economy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:trapol:v:77:y:2019:i:c:p:8-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.