Modelling and evaluation of road pricing in Paris
This article describes the impacts of road pricing in Ile-de-France, a region that includes Paris. The morning peak is studied using METROPOLIS: a dynamic network simulator that treats endogenously travellers' mode, departure time and route-choice decisions. Time-independent tolls on selected links, time-varying cordon tolls, and a network-wide toll proportional to travel time are considered. Welfare gains from the link and cordon tolls are relatively small. The comprehensive travel-time-based toll yields much higher benefits. In all cases, benefits to users amount to a large fraction of toll revenues and exceed the monetised value of reductions in noise, accidents and vehicle emissions.
Volume (Year): 13 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:ucp:bkecon:9780226199993 is not listed on IDEAS
- de Palma, André & Lindsey, Robin & Quinet, Emile, 2004. "5. Time-Varying Road Pricing And Choice Of Toll Locations," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 107-131, January.
- Bertrand, Trent J, 1977. "'Second Best' Congestion Taxes in Transportation Systems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(7), pages 1703-15, October.
- Vickrey, William S, 1969. "Congestion Theory and Transport Investment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 251-60, May.
- Charles Raux & Stéphanie Souche, 2004. "The Acceptability of Urban Road Pricing: A Theoretical Analysis Applied to Experience in Lyon," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, London School of Economics and University of Bath, vol. 38(2), pages 191-215, May.
- Mohring, Herbert, 1972. "Optimization and Scale Economies in Urban Bus Transportation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(4), pages 591-604, September.
- Marin, Emmanuel, 2003. "Demand forecast, congestion charge and economic benefit of an automated highway network for the paris agglomeration," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 107-120, April.
- de Palma, André & Kilani, Moez & Lindsey, Robin, 2005. "Congestion pricing on a road network: A study using the dynamic equilibrium simulator METROPOLIS," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 39(7-9), pages 588-611.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:trapol:v:13:y:2006:i:2:p:115-126. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.