Relationships between fares, trip length and market competition
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Finn Jørgensen & John Preston, 2007. "The Relationship Between Fare and Travel Distance," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 41(3), pages 451-468, September.
- Jørgensen, Finn & Pedersen, Pål Andreas, 2004. "Travel distance and optimal transport policy," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 415-430, June.
- Helge Sanner, 2007. "Bertrand Competition Can Yield Higher Prices Than Monopoly," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(3), pages 247-254, July.
- Nirvikar Singh & Xavier Vives, 1984. "Price and Quantity Competition in a Differentiated Duopoly," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 546-554, Winter.
- Paulley, Neil & Balcombe, Richard & Mackett, Roger & Titheridge, Helena & Preston, John & Wardman, Mark & Shires, Jeremy & White, Peter, 2006. "The demand for public transport: The effects of fares, quality of service, income and car ownership," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 295-306, July.
- Banister, David & Berechman, Joseph & De Rus, Gines, 1992. "Competitive regimes within the European bus industry: Theory and practice," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 167-178, March.
- Derek J. Clark & Finn Jørgensen & Pål A. Pedersen, 2009. "Strategic Interactions between Transport Operators with Several Goals," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 43(3), pages 385-403, September.
- Hackner, Jonas, 2000.
"A Note on Price and Quantity Competition in Differentiated Oligopolies,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 233-239, August.
- Häckner, Jonas, 1999. "A Note on Price and Quantity Competition in Differentiated Oligopolies," Research Papers in Economics 1999:9, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Kjell G. Salvanes & Frode Steen & Lars Sørgard, 2003.
"Collude, Compete, or Both? Deregulation in the Norwegian Airline Industry,"
Journal of Transport Economics and Policy,
University of Bath, vol. 37(3), pages 383-416, September.
- Salvanes, K.G. & Steen, F. & Sorgard, L., 1998. "Collude, Compete, or Both? Deregulation in the Norwegian Airline Industry," Papers 18/98, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Jørgensen, Finn & Pedersen, Hassa & Solvoll, Gisle, 2004. "Ramsey pricing in practice: the case of the Norwegian ferries," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 205-214, July.
- Nash, C A, 1993. "British Bus Deregulation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(419), pages 1042-1049, July.
- Hensher, David A. & Stanley, John, 2003. "Performance-based quality contracts in bus service provision," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 519-538, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Socorro, M. Pilar & Viecens, M. Fernanda, 2013. "The effects of airline and high speed train integration," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 160-177.
- de Rus, Ginés & Socorro, M. Pilar, 2014. "Access pricing, infrastructure investment and intermodal competition," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 374-387.
- Jørgensen, Finn & Santos, Georgina, 2014. "Charges on transport – To what extent are they passed on to users?," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 183-195.
- Li, Xue-yan & Li, Xue-mei & Li, Xue-wei & Qiu, He-ting, 2017. "Multi-agent fare optimization model of two modes problem and its analysis based on edge of chaos," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 469(C), pages 405-419.
- Clark, Derek John & Jørgensen, Finn & Mathisen, Terje Andreas, 2014. "Competition in complementary transport services," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 146-159.
More about this item
KeywordsOptimal fares Trip length Competitive situation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transa:v:45:y:2011:i:7:p:611-624. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/547/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.