Determinants of TFP growth: A close look at industries driving the EU-US TFP gap
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrea Bassanini & Luca Nunziata & Danielle Venn, 2009.
"Job protection legislation and productivity growth in OECD countries,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 24, pages 349-402, April.
- Bassanini, Andrea & Nunziata, Luca & Venn, Danielle, 2008. "Job Protection Legislation and Productivity Growth in OECD Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 3555, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Robert Inklaar & Marcel P. Timmer & Bart van Ark, 2007.
"Mind the Gap! International Comparisons of Productivity in Services and Goods Production,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 8, pages 281-307, May.
- Inklaar, Robert & Timmer, Marcel & van Ark, Bart, 2006. "Mind the gap! International Comparisons of Productivity in Services and Goods Production," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-89, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Robert Inklaar & Marcel P. Timmer & Bart van Ark, 2006. "Mind the gap! International comparisons of productivity in services and goods production," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d06-175, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- D. W. Jorgenson & Z. Griliches, 1967. "The Explanation of Productivity Change," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(3), pages 249-283.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Shimer, Robert, 2000.
"Productivity gains from unemployment insurance,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 44(7), pages 1195-1224, June.
- Daron Acemoglu & Robert Shimer, 1999. "Productivity Gains from Unemployment Insurance," NBER Working Papers 7352, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daron Acemoglu & Robert Shimer, 1999. "Productivity Gains from Unemployment Insurance," Working papers 99-29, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Jérôme Vandenbussche & Philippe Aghion & Costas Meghir, 2006.
"Growth, distance to frontier and composition of human capital,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 97-127, June.
- Jérôme Vandenbussche & Philippe Aghion & Costas Meghir, 2004. "Growth, distance to frontier and composition of human capital," IFS Working Papers W04/31, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Vandenbussche, JÃ©rÃ´me & Aghion, Philippe & Meghir, Costas, 2006. "Growth, distance to frontier and composition of human capital," Scholarly Articles 12490648, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Aghion, Philippe & Meghir, Costas & Vandenbussche, Jérôme, 2005. "Growth, Distance to Frontier and Composition of Human Capital," CEPR Discussion Papers 4860, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robert Inklaar & Marcel P. Timmer & Bart van Ark, 2008. "Market services productivity across Europe and the US," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 23, pages 139-194, January.
- Giuseppe Nicoletti & Stefano Scarpetta, 2003.
"Regulation, productivity and growth: OECD evidence,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 18(36), pages 9-72, April.
- Nicoletti, Giuseppe & Scarpetta, Stefano, 2003. "Regulation, productivity, and growth : OECD evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2944, The World Bank.
- Giuseppe Nicoletti & Stefano Scarpetta, 2003. "Regulation, Productivity and Growth: OECD Evidence," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 347, OECD Publishing.
- Stefano Scarpetta & Thierry Tressel, 2002. "Productivity and Convergence in a Panel of OECD Industries: Do Regulations and Institutions Matter?," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 342, OECD Publishing.
- Olivier Blanchard, 2004. "The Economic Future of Europe," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 18(4), pages 3-26, Fall.
- Mary O'Mahony & Marcel P. Timmer, 2009. "Output, Input and Productivity Measures at the Industry Level: The EU KLEMS Database," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 119(538), pages 374-403, June.
- Lucia Foster & John Haltiwanger & C. J. Krizan, 2006. "Market Selection, Reallocation, and Restructuring in the U.S. Retail Trade Sector in the 1990s," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 88(4), pages 748-758, November.
- Paul Conway & Giuseppe Nicoletti, 2006. "Product Market Regulation in the Non-Manufacturing Sectors of OECD Countries: Measurement and Highlights," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 530, OECD Publishing.
- Richard Blundell & Rachel Griffith & John van Reenen, 1999. "Market Share, Market Value and Innovation in a Panel of British Manufacturing Firms," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(3), pages 529-554.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jung, Hyun-Joon & Na, Kyoung-Youn & Yoon, Chang-Ho, 2013. "The role of ICT in Korea’s economic growth: Productivity changes across industries since the 1990s," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 292-310.
- Almas Heshmati & Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2014.
"A general model of technical change with an application to the OECD countries,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(1), pages 25-48, January.
- Heshmati, Almas & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2011. "A General Model of Technical Change with an Application to the OECD Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 6004, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Raquel Ortega-Argilés, 2012. "The Transatlantic Productivity Gap: A Survey Of The Main Causes," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(3), pages 395-419, July.
- Raquel Ortega-Argilés, 2013. "R&D, knowledge, economic growth and the transatlantic productivity gap," Chapters,in: Handbook of Industry Studies and Economic Geography, chapter 11, pages 271-302 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Aleksandra Parteka, 2013.
"The Role of Trade in Intra-Industry Productivity Growth—the Case of Old and New European Union Countries,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(4), pages 712-731, November.
- Aleksandra Parteka, 2013. "The role of trade in intra-industry productivity growth - the case of old and new European Union countries (1995-2007)," GUT FME Working Paper Series A 1, Faculty of Management and Economics, Gdansk University of Technology.
- Venturini, Francesco, 2015. "The modern drivers of productivity," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 357-369.
More about this item
KeywordsGrowth determinants Total factor productivity European Union;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:streco:v:21:y:2010:i:3:p:165-180. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/525148 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.