Niches and economic competition: implications for economic efficiency, growth and diversity
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gernot Grabher & David Stark, 1997. "Organizing Diversity: Evolutionary Theory, Network Analysis and Postsocialism," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(5), pages 533-544.
- Hodgson, Geoffrey M., 1997. "Economics and the return to Mecca: The recognition of novelty and emergence," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 399-412, October.
- Caves, R E & Porter, M E, 1977. "From Entry Barriers to Mobility Barriers: Conjectural Decisions and Contrived Deterrence to New Competition," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 91(2), pages 241-61, May.
- Laurence Lasselle & Serge Svizzero & Clem Tisdell, 2001.
"Diversity, Globalisation and Market Stability,"
Discussion Paper Series, Department of Economics
200101, Department of Economics, University of St. Andrews.
- Lasselle, Laurence & Svizzero, Serge & Tisdell, Clement A., 2001. "Diversity, Globalisation and Market Stability," Economic Theory, Applications and Issues Working Papers 90501, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Levinthal, Daniel A, 1998. "The Slow Pace of Rapid Technological Change: Gradualism and Punctuation in Technological Change," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(2), pages 217-47, June.
- Gallagher, Matthew, 1993. "Niche Overlap and Limiting Similarity: An Ecological Approach to the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 63-77, February.
- Jack Hirshleifer, 1977. "Economics from a Biological Viewpoint," UCLA Economics Working Papers 087, UCLA Department of Economics.
- B Ilbery & M Kneafsey, 1999. "Niche markets and regional speciality food products in Europe: towards a research agenda," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 31(12), pages 2207-2222, December.
- Hannon, Bruce, 1997. "The use of analogy in biology and economics: From biology to economics, and back," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 471-488, October.
- Spence, Michael, 1976. "Product Selection, Fixed Costs, and Monopolistic Competition," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(2), pages 217-35, June.
- Clem Tisdell, 1999. "Diversity And Economic Evolution: Failures Of Competitive Economic Systems," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 17(2), pages 156-165, 04.
- Pepall, Lynne, 1992. "Strategic Product Choice and Niche Markets," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(2), pages 397-417, Summer.
- Hirshleifer, Jack, 1977. "Economics from a Biological Viewpoint," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 20(1), pages 1-52, April.
- Bradburd, Ralph M & Ross, David R, 1989. "Can Small Firms Find and Defend Strategic Niches? A Test of the Porter Hypothesis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(2), pages 258-62, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:streco:v:15:y:2004:i:2:p:119-135. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.