When higher productivity hurts: The interaction between overconfidence and capital
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Astebro & Holger Herz & Ramana Nanda & Roberto A. Weber, 2014.
"Seeking the Roots of Entrepreneurship: Insights from Behavioral Economics,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 28(3), pages 49-70, Summer.
- Thomas Astebro & Holger Herz & Ramana Nanda & Roberto Weber, 2014. "Seeking the Roots of Entrepreneurship: Insights from Behavioral Economics," Post-Print hal-01066493, HAL.
- Thomas Astebro & Holger Herz & Ramana Nanda & Roberto Weber, 2015. "Seeking the Roots of Entrepreneurship: Insights from Behavioral Economics," Working Papers hal-02002736, HAL.
- Thomas Astebro & Holger Herz & Ramana Nanda & Roberto Weber, 2015. "Seeking the Roots of Entrepreneurship: Insights from Behavioral Economics," Working Papers hal-02002731, HAL.
- Astebro , Thomas & Herz , Holger & Nanda , Ramana & Weber , Roberto, 2015. "Seeking the Roots of Entrepreneurship: Insights from Behavioral Economics," HEC Research Papers Series 1101, HEC Paris.
- Malmendier, Ulrike & Tate, Geoffrey, 2008.
"Who makes acquisitions? CEO overconfidence and the market's reaction,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 20-43, July.
- Malmendier, Ulrike M. & Tate, Geoffrey, 2003. "Who Makes Acquisitions? CEO Overconfidence and the Market's Reaction," Research Papers 1798, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Ulrike Malmendier & Geoffrey Tate, 2004. "Who Makes Acquisitions? CEO Overconfidence and the Market's Reaction," NBER Working Papers 10813, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tsai, Claire I. & Klayman, Joshua & Hastie, Reid, 2008. "Effects of amount of information on judgment accuracy and confidence," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 97-105, November.
- Florian Ederer & Gustavo Manso, 2013. "Is Pay for Performance Detrimental to Innovation?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 59(7), pages 1496-1513, July.
- Gary S. Becker, 1962. "Investment in Human Capital: A Theoretical Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 1-9.
- Ulrike Malmendier & Geoffrey Tate, 2005. "CEO Overconfidence and Corporate Investment," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(6), pages 2661-2700, December.
- Huber, Jurgen & Kirchler, Michael & Sutter, Matthias, 2008. "Is more information always better: Experimental financial markets with cumulative information," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 86-104, January.
- Annamaria Lusardi & Pierre-Carl Michaud & Olivia S. Mitchell, 2011. "Optimal Financial Literacy and Saving for Retirement," Working Papers 905, RAND Corporation.
- Tasoff, Joshua & Letzler, Robert, 2014. "Everyone believes in redemption: Nudges and overoptimism in costly task completion," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 107(PA), pages 107-122.
- James Cox & Vjollca Sadiraj & Ulrich Schmidt, 2015.
"Paradoxes and mechanisms for choice under risk,"
Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 18(2), pages 215-250, June.
- Cox, James C. & Sadiraj, Vjollca & Schmidt, Ulrich, 2011. "Paradoxes and mechanisms for choice under risk," Kiel Working Papers 1712, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- James C. Cox & Vjollca Sadiraj & Ulrich Schmidt, 2011. "Paradoxes and Mechanisms for Choice under Risk," Experimental Economics Center Working Paper Series 2011-07, Experimental Economics Center, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University, revised Mar 2014.
- Brad M. Barber & Terrance Odean, 2000. "Trading Is Hazardous to Your Wealth: The Common Stock Investment Performance of Individual Investors," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(2), pages 773-806, April.
- Abreu, Margarida & Mendes, Victor, 2012.
"Information, overconfidence and trading: Do the sources of information matter?,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 868-881.
- Margarida Abreu & Victor Mendes, 2011. "Information, Overconfidence and Trading: Do the Sources of Information Matter?," Working Papers Department of Economics 2011/25, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Brad M. Barber & Terrance Odean, 2002. "Online Investors: Do the Slow Die First?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(2), pages 455-488, March.
- Utpal Bhattacharya & Andreas Hackethal & Simon Kaesler & Benjamin Loos & Steffen Meyer, 2012. "Is Unbiased Financial Advice to Retail Investors Sufficient? Answers from a Large Field Study," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 25(4), pages 975-1032.
- Herz, Holger & Schunk, Daniel & Zehnder, Christian, 2014.
"How do judgmental overconfidence and overoptimism shape innovative activity?,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 1-23.
- Holger Herz & Daniel Schunk & Christian Zehnder, 2013. "How do judgmental overconfidence and overoptimism shape innovative activity?," ECON - Working Papers 106, Department of Economics - University of Zurich, revised Nov 2013.
- Holger Herz & Daniel Schunk & Christian Zehnder, 2013. "How Do Judgmental Overconfidence and Overoptimism Shape Innovative Activity?," CESifo Working Paper Series 4084, CESifo Group Munich.
- Dan Lovallo & Colin Camerer, 1999. "Overconfidence and Excess Entry: An Experimental Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(1), pages 306-318, March.
- Grieco, Daniela & Hogarth, Robin M., 2009. "Overconfidence in absolute and relative performance: The regression hypothesis and Bayesian updating," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 756-771, October.
- Brad M. Barber & Yi-Tsung Lee & Yu-Jane Liu & Terrance Odean, 2009. "Just How Much Do Individual Investors Lose by Trading?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(2), pages 609-632, February.
More about this item
KeywordsOverconfidence; Capital; Ability-complements; Ability-substitutes; Excess entry; Active investing;
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
- D03 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Behavioral Microeconomics: Underlying Principles
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceco:v:67:y:2017:i:c:p:131-142. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620175 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.