Is more information always better: Experimental financial markets with cumulative information
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mehra, Rajnish & Prescott, Edward C., 1985. "The equity premium: A puzzle," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 145-161, March.
- J. P. Krahnen & C. Rieck & E. Theissen, 1999.
"Insider trading and portfolio structure in experimental asset markets with a long-lived asset,"
The European Journal of Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 29-50.
- Jan Pieter Krahnen & Christian Rieck & Erik Theissen, 1999. "Insider Trading and Portfolio Structure in Experimental Asset Markets with a Long Lived Asset," Working Paper Series: Finance and Accounting 1, Department of Finance, Goethe University Frankfurt am Main.
- Radner, Roy, 1979. "Rational Expectations Equilibrium: Generic Existence and the Information Revealed by Prices," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(3), pages 655-678, May.
- Ackert, Lucy F. & Church, Bryan K. & Zhang, Ping, 2002. "Market behavior in the presence of divergent and imperfect private information: experimental evidence from Canada, China, and the United States," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 435-450, April.
- Lin, Ji-Chai & Howe, John S, 1990. " Insider Trading in the OTC Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1273-1284, September.
- Robert J. Shiller, 2003.
"From Efficient Markets Theory to Behavioral Finance,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 17(1), pages 83-104, Winter.
- Robert J. Shiller, 2002. "From Efficient Market Theory to Behavioral Finance," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1385, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Burton G. Malkiel, 2003. "The Efficient Market Hypothesis and Its Critics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(1), pages 59-82, Winter.
- Hellwig, Martin F., 1982.
"Rational expectations equilibrium with conditioning on past prices: A mean-variance example,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 279-312, April.
- HELLWIG, Martin F., 1982. "Rational expectations equilibrium with conditioning on past prices: a mean-variance example," CORE Discussion Papers RP 480, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Lakonishok, Josef & Lee, Inmoo, 2001. "Are Insider Trades Informative?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(1), pages 79-111.
- David Hirshleifer, 2001. "Investor Psychology and Asset Pricing," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(4), pages 1533-1597, August.
- Leslie A. Jeng & Andrew Metrick & Richard Zeckhauser, 2003. "Estimating the Returns to Insider Trading: A Performance-Evaluation Perspective," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(2), pages 453-471, May.
- Burton G. Malkiel, 2003. "Passive Investment Strategies and Efficient Markets," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 9(1), pages 1-10.
- Kamien, Morton I. & Tauman, Yair & Zamir, Shmuel, 1990. "On the value of information in a strategic conflict," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 129-153, June.
- Copeland, Thomas E & Friedman, Daniel, 1992. "The Market Value of Information: Some Experimental Results," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65(2), pages 241-266, April.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-1335, November.
- Diamond, Douglas W. & Verrecchia, Robert E., 1981. "Information aggregation in a noisy rational expectations economy," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 221-235, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Florian Hauser & Bob Kaempff, 2013. "Evolution of trading strategies in a market with heterogeneously informed agents," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 575-607, July.
- Glenn Boyle & Gerald Ward, 2016. "Do Better Informed Investors Always Do Better?," Working Papers in Economics 16/29, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Menkhoff, Lukas & Schmeling, Maik & Schmidt, Ulrich, 2013.
"Overconfidence, experience, and professionalism: An experimental study,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 92-101.
- Menkhoff, Lukas & Schmeling, Maik & Schmidt, Ulrich, 2010. "Overconfidence, experience, and professionalism: An experimental study," Kiel Working Papers 1612, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Simone Alfarano & Iván Barreda-Tarrazona & Eva Camacho-Cuena, 2006. "On the role of heterogeneous and imperfect information in a laboratory financial market," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 14(4), pages 417-433, December.
- Giovanni Ferri & Andrea Morone, 2014.
"The effect of rating agencies on herd behaviour,"
Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination,
Springer;Society for Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, vol. 9(1), pages 107-127, April.
- Andrea Morone & Giovanni Ferri, 2008. "The Effect of Rating Agencies on Herd Behaviour," SERIES 0022, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza - Università degli Studi di Bari "Aldo Moro", revised Nov 2008.
- Giovanni Ferri & Andrea Morone, 2008. "The Effect of Rating Agencies on Herd Behaviour," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2008_21, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Barreda Tarrazona, Iván J. & Grimalda, Gianluca & Morone, Andrea & Nuzzo, Simone & Teglio, Andrea, 2017. "Centralizing information improves market efficiency more than increasing information: Results from experimental asset markets," Kiel Working Papers 2072, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Hidetoshi Yamaji & Masatoshi Gotoh & Yoshinori Yamakawa, 2016. "Additional Information Increases Uncertainty in the Securities Market: Using both Laboratory and fMRI Experiments," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 48(3), pages 425-451, October.
- Royal, Andrew & Tasoff, Joshua, 2017. "When higher productivity hurts: The interaction between overconfidence and capital," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 131-142.
- Yuan Ding & Thomas Jeanjean & Cédric Lesage & Hervé Stolowy, 2009.
"An Experiment in the Economic Consequences of Additional Disclosure: The Case of the Fair Value of Unlisted Equity Investments,"
- Cédric Lesage & Yuan Ding & Thomas Jeanjean & Hervé Stolowy, 2009. "An experiment in the economic consequences of additional disclosure: The case of the Fair Value of Unlisted Equity Investments," Post-Print hal-00495573, HAL.
- Douglas Davis & Edward Simpson Prescott & Oleg Korenok, 2011. "An experimental analysis of contingent capital triggering mechanisms," Working Paper 11-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Taylor Jaworski & Erik O. Kimbrough, 2016.
"Bubbles, Crashes, And Endogenous Uncertainty In Linked Asset And Product Markets,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 57, pages 155-176, February.
- Erik O. Kimbrough & Taylor Jaworski, 2014. "Bubbles, Crashes and Endogenous Uncertainty in Linked Asset and Product Markets," Discussion Papers dp14-07, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Kirchler, Michael, 2009. "Underreaction to fundamental information and asymmetry in mispricing between bullish and bearish markets. An experimental study," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 491-506, February.
- Thomas St?ckl & Michael Kirchler, 2010. "Trading strategies and trading profits in experimental asset markets with cumulative information," Working Papers 2010-09, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Gloede, Oliver & Menkhoff, Lukas, 2011. "Financial professionals' overconfidence:Is it experience, function, or attitude?," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-428, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Kirchler, Michael & Huber, Jürgen, 2009. "An exploration of commonly observed stylized facts with data from experimental asset markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(8), pages 1631-1658.
- Carlo Marinelli & Alex Weissensteiner, 2013. "On the relation between forecast precision and trading profitability of financial analysts," Papers 1301.6638, arXiv.org.
- Michael Kirchler, 2008. "It is hard to beat the Monkeys - On the Value of Asymmetric Fundamental Information in Asset Markets," Working Papers 2008-19, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- repec:eee:finmar:v:35:y:2017:i:c:p:104-129 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:68:y:2018:i:c:p:203-210 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kirchler, Michael, 2010. "Partial knowledge is a dangerous thing - On the value of asymmetric fundamental information in asset markets," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 643-658, August.
- J. B. Satinover & D. Sornette, 2007. "”Illusion of control” in Time-Horizon Minority and Parrondo Games," The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 60(3), pages 369-384, December.
- Charles N. Noussair & Steven Tucker, 2013. "Experimental Research On Asset Pricing," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 554-569, July.
- Huber, Jurgen, 2007. "`J'-shaped returns to timing advantage in access to information - Experimental evidence and a tentative explanation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 2536-2572, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg:v:65:y:2008:i:1:p:86-104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.