The way we live now: Financialization and securitization
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli, 2006. "Small and medium-size enterprises: Access to finance as a growth constraint," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 2931-2943, November.
- J. David Cummins & Mary A. Weiss, 2009. "Convergence of Insurance and Financial Markets: Hybrid and Securitized Risk‐Transfer Solutions," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 76(3), pages 493-545, September.
- Manuel B. Aalbers, 2009. "The Sociology and Geography of Mortgage Markets: Reflections on the Financial Crisis," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(2), pages 281-290, June.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2007.
"Financialization: What It Is and Why It Matters,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_525, Levy Economics Institute.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2008. "Financialization: What it is and Why it Matters," IMK Working Paper 04-2008, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2007. "Financialization: What It Is and Why It Matters," Working Papers wp153, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Paul Hamilton, 2010. "Securitization of Permanent Life Insurance Policies," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 38(3), pages 379-380, September.
- Greenbaum, Stuart I. & Thakor, Anjan V., 1987. "Bank funding modes : Securitization versus deposits," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 379-401, September.
- Bengt Holmstrom & Jean Tirole, 1997.
"Financial Intermediation, Loanable Funds, and The Real Sector,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 112(3), pages 663-691.
- Bengt Holmstrom & Jean Tirole, 1994. "Financial Intermediation, Loanable Funds and the Real Sector," Working papers 95-1, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Holmström, Bengt & Tirole, Jean, 1994. "Financial Intermediation, Loanable Funds and the Real Sector," IDEI Working Papers 40, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Steven Scalet & Thomas Kelly, 2012. "The Ethics of Credit Rating Agencies: What Happened and the Way Forward," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 111(4), pages 477-490, December.
- Cerrato, Mario & Choudhry, Moorad & Crosby, John & Olukuru, John, 2012. "Why do UK banks securitize?," SIRE Discussion Papers 2012-18, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Johan Graafland & Bert Ven, 2011.
"The Credit Crisis and the Moral Responsibility of Professionals in Finance,"
Journal of Business Ethics,
Springer, vol. 103(4), pages 605-619, November.
- Graafland, J.J. & van de Ven, B.W., 2011. "The Credit Crisis and The Moral Responsibility of Professionals in Finance," Discussion Paper 2011-048, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Oecd, 2008. "Enhancing the Delivery of Justice and Security," OECD Journal on Development, OECD Publishing, vol. 8(3), pages 107-177.
- Manuel B. Aalbers, 2009. "The Globalization and Europeanization of Mortgage Markets," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(2), pages 389-410, June.
- Elena Loutskina & Philip E. Strahan, 2009. "Securitization and the Declining Impact of Bank Finance on Loan Supply: Evidence from Mortgage Originations," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 64(2), pages 861-889, April.
- Atif Mian & Amir Sufi, 2009. "The Consequences of Mortgage Credit Expansion: Evidence from the U.S. Mortgage Default Crisis," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 124(4), pages 1449-1496.
- Lagoarde-Segot, Thomas, 2015. "Diversifying finance research: From financialization to sustainability," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 1-6.
- John J. McConnell & Stephen A. Buser, 2011. "The Origins and Evolution of the Market for Mortgage-Backed Securities," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 3(1), pages 173-192, December.
- Levitin, Adam & Wachter, Susan, 2012. "Explaining the Housing Bubble," MPRA Paper 41920, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gorton, Gary & Metrick, Andrew, 2012.
"Securitized banking and the run on repo,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 425-451.
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2009. "Securitized Banking and the Run on Repo," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2358, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Sep 2009.
- Gary B. Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2009. "Securitized Banking and the Run on Repo," NBER Working Papers 15223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gordon H. Sellon & Deana VanNahmen, 1988. "The securitization of housing finance," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Jul, pages 3-20.
- Christopher L. Culp & Andrea M. P. Neves, 1998. "Financial Innovations In Leveraged Commercial Loan Markets," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 11(2), pages 79-94, June.
- Alan D. Morrison, 2005. "Credit Derivatives, Disintermediation, and Investment Decisions," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 621-648, March.
- Hatice Uzun & Elizabeth Webb, 2007. "Securitization and risk: empirical evidence on US banks," Journal of Risk Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 8(1), pages 11-23, January.
- Douglas W. Diamond, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414.
- Kirsten Wandschneider, 2013. "Lending to Lemons: Landschafts-Credit in 18th Century Prussia," NBER Working Papers 19159, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2010. "Regulating the Shadow Banking System," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 41(2 (Fall)), pages 261-312.
- Bissoondoyal-Bheenick, Emawtee & Brooks, Robert & Treepongkaruna, Sirimon, 2015. "Do asset backed securities ratings matter on average?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 32-43.
- Özgür Orhangazi, 2008. "Financialization and the US Economy," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12927.
- Thomas Donaldson, 2012. "Three Ethical Roots of the Economic Crisis," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 106(1), pages 5-8, March.
- Bonnie Buchanan, 2014. "Back to the future: 900 years of securitization," Journal of Risk Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 15(4), pages 316-333, August.
- Hugo Nurnberg & Douglas Lackey, 2010. "The Ethics of Life Insurance Settlements: Investing in the Lives of Unrelated Individuals," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 96(4), pages 513-534, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:784-793 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:finsta:v:34:y:2018:i:c:p:61-85 is not listed on IDEAS
- Papanikolaou, Nikolaos I., 2018.
"To be bailed out or to be left to fail? A dynamic competing risks hazard analysis,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 61-85.
- Nikolaos I. Papanikolaou, 2017. "To Be Bailed Out or To Be Left to Fail? A Dynamic Competing Risks Hazard Analysis," BAFES Working Papers BAFES12, Department of Accounting, Finance & Economic, Bournemouth University.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:285-294 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsSecuritization; Financialization; Credit crisis; Risk management; Sustainability;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:riibaf:v:39:y:2017:i:pb:p:663-677. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ribaf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.