The Sociology and Geography of Mortgage Markets: Reflections on the Financial Crisis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Graciela L. Kaminsky, 1999.
"The Twin Crises: The Causes of Banking and Balance-of-Payments Problems,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 473-500, June.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1996. "The twin crises: the causes of banking and balance-of-payments problems," International Finance Discussion Papers 544, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela, 2000.
"Las crisis gemelas: las causas de los problemas bancarios y de balanza de pagos
[The twin crises: Te causes of banking and balance of payments problems]," MPRA Paper 13842, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela, 1999. "The twin crises: The causes of banking and balance of payments problems," MPRA Paper 14081, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paul Mizen, 2008. "The credit crunch of 2007-2008: a discussion of the background, market reactions, and policy responses," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 531-568.
- Philip Ashton, 2009. "An appetite for yield: the anatomy of the subprime mortgage crisis," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 41(6), pages 1420-1441, June.
- Manuel B. Aalbers, 2009. "The Globalization and Europeanization of Mortgage Markets," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(2), pages 389-410, June.
- Stephen L. Ross & John Yinger, 2002. "The Color of Credit: Mortgage Discrimination, Research Methodology, and Fair-Lending Enforcement," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262182289, January.
- Gary A. Dymski, 2009. "Afterword: Mortgage Markets and the Urban Problematic in the Global Transition," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(2), pages 427-442, June.
- Saskia Sassen, 2009. "When Local Housing Becomes an Electronic Instrument: The Global Circulation of Mortgages - A Research Note," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(2), pages 411-426, June.
- Michael Pryke & Roger Lee, 1995. "Place Your Bets: Towards an Understanding of Globalisation, Socio-financial Engineering and Competition within a Financial Centre," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 32(2), pages 329-344, March.
- Thomas, Lyn C., 2000. "A survey of credit and behavioural scoring: forecasting financial risk of lending to consumers," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 149-172.
- Kevin Fox Gotham, 2009. "Creating Liquidity out of Spatial Fixity: The Secondary Circuit of Capital and the Subprime Mortgage Crisis," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(2), pages 355-371, June.
- Philip Ashton, 2009. "An Appetite for Yield: The Anatomy of the Subprime Mortgage Crisis," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 41(6), pages 1420-1441, June.
- Jesus Hernandez, 2009. "Redlining Revisited: Mortgage Lending Patterns in Sacramento 1930-2004," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(2), pages 291-313, June.
- Thomas Wainwright, 2009. "Laying the Foundations for a Crisis: Mapping the Historico-Geographical Construction of Residential Mortgage Backed Securitization in the UK," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(2), pages 372-388, June.
- Elvin Wyly & Markus Moos & Daniel Hammel & Emanuel Kabahizi, 2009. "Cartographies of Race and Class: Mapping the Class-Monopoly Rents of American Subprime Mortgage Capital," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(2), pages 332-354, June.
- Kathe Newman, 2009. "Post-Industrial Widgets: Capital Flows and the Production of the Urban," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(2), pages 314-331, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michelle Norris & Michael Byrne, 2016. "Social housing's role in the Irish property boom and bust," Working Papers 201615, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Alan Walks, 2014. "From Financialization to Sociospatial Polarization of the City? Evidence from Canada," Economic Geography, Clark University, vol. 90(1), pages 33-66, January.
- repec:eee:jotrge:v:19:y:2011:i:6:p:1387-1398 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alan Walks, 2014. "Canada's Housing Bubble Story: Mortgage Securitization, the State, and the Global Financial Crisis," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(1), pages 256-284, January.
- Michelle Norris & Michael Byrne, 2017. "Housing Market Volatility,Stability and Social Rented Housing: comparing Austria and Ireland during the global financial crisis," Working Papers 201705, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Leigh Johnson, 2014. "Geographies of Securitized Catastrophe Risk and the Implications of Climate Change," Economic Geography, Clark University, vol. 90(2), pages 155-185, April.
- Susan Christopherson & Gordon L. Clark & John Whiteman, 2015. "Introduction: the Euro crisis and the future of Europe," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(5), pages 843-853.
- Renaud Le Goix & Timothée Giraud & Robin Cura & Thibault Le Corre & Julien Migozzi, 2019.
"Who sells to whom in the suburbs? Home price inflation and the dynamics of sellers and buyers in the metropolitan region of Paris, 1996-2012
[Qui vend à qui dans le périurbain ? L'inflation des pri," Post-Print halshs-01968663, HAL.
- Ana Cristina Fernandes & Andreas Novy, 2010. "Reflections on the Unique Response of Brazil to the Financial Crisis and its Urban Impact," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(4), pages 952-966, December.
- Buchanan, Bonnie G., 2017. "The way we live now: Financialization and securitization," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(PB), pages 663-677.
- Richard Waldron & Declan Redmond, 2016. "Stress in Suburbia: Counting the Costs of Ireland's Property Crash and Mortgage Arrears Crisis," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 107(4), pages 484-501, September.
- Matti Siemiatycki & Elliot Siemiatycki, 2016. "The role of the scholar in times of crisis," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(7), pages 1246-1261, July.
- repec:eee:regeco:v:65:y:2017:i:c:p:56-64 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ijurrs:v:33:y:2009:i:2:p:281-290. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0309-1317 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.