IPO survival and CEOs’ decision-making power: The evidence of China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Patricia Pitcher & Anne D. Smith, 2001. "Top Management Team Heterogeneity: Personality, Power, and Proxies," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(1), pages 1-18, February.
- Cécile Carpentier & Jean-Marc Suret, 2011. "The survival and success of Canadian penny stock IPOs," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 101-121, January.
- Marco Pagano & Fabio Panetta & and Luigi Zingales, 1998.
"Why Do Companies Go Public? An Empirical Analysis,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 53(1), pages 27-64, February.
- Marco Pagano & Fabio Panetta & Luigi Zingales, "undated". "Why Do Companies Go Public? An Empirical Analysis," CRSP working papers 330, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Pagano, Marco & Panetta, Fabio & Zingales, Luigi, 1996. "Why Do Companies Go Public? An Empirical Analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 1332, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marco Pagano & Fabio Panetta & Luigi Zingales, 1995. "Why Do Companies Go Public? An Empirical Analysis," NBER Working Papers 5367, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sreedhar T. Bharath & Amy K. Dittmar, 2010. "Why Do Firms Use Private Equity to Opt Out of Public Markets?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(5), pages 1771-1818.
- Aslan, Hadiye & Kumar, Praveen, 2011. "Lemons or Cherries? Growth Opportunities and Market Temptations in Going Public and Private," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 46(02), pages 489-526, April.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Daniel J. Bradley & John W. Cooney, Jr. & Steven D. Dolvin & Bradford D. Jordan, 2006. "Penny Stock IPOs," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 35(1), Spring.
- Kashefi Pour, Eilnaz & Lasfer, Meziane, 2013. "Why do companies delist voluntarily from the stock market?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 4850-4860.
- Marianne Bertrand & Antoinette Schoar, 2003.
"Managing with Style: The Effect of Managers on Firm Policies,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 118(4), pages 1169-1208.
- Bertrand, Marianne & Schoar, Antoinette, 2003. "Managing With Style: The Effect of Managers on Firm Policies," Working papers 4280-02, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Marosi, András & Massoud, Nadia, 2007. "Why Do Firms Go Dark?," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(02), pages 421-442, June.
- Mike W. Peng & Shujun Zhang & Xinchun Li, 2007. "CEO Duality and Firm Performance during China's Institutional Transitions," Management and Organization Review, The International Association for Chinese Management Research, vol. 3(2), pages 205-225, July.
- Henk Berkman & Rebel A. Cole & Lawrence J. Fu, 2014.
"Improving corporate governance where the State is the controlling block holder: evidence from China,"
The European Journal of Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(7-9), pages 752-777, September.
- Berkman, Henk & Cole, Rebel & Fu, Lawrence, 2007. "Improving corporate governance where the State is the controlling block holder: Evidence from China," MPRA Paper 8088, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michaely, Roni & Shaw, Wayne H, 1994. "The Pricing of Initial Public Offerings: Tests of Adverse-Selection and Signaling Theories," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(2), pages 279-319.
- Bharat A. Jain & Omesh Kini, 1999. "The Life Cycle of Initial Public Offering Firms," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(9-10), pages 1281-1307.
- Ritter, Jay R., 1987. "The costs of going public," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 269-281, December.
- Pi, Lynn & Timme, Stephen G., 1993. "Corporate control and bank efficiency," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 515-530, April.
- Leuz, Christian & Triantis, Alexander & Yue Wang, Tracy, 2008. "Why do firms go dark? Causes and economic consequences of voluntary SEC deregistrations," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2-3), pages 181-208, August.
- Lex Donaldson & James H. Davis, 1991. "Stewardship Theory or Agency Theory: CEO Governance and Shareholder Returns," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 16(1), pages 49-64, June.
- Renée B. Adams & Heitor Almeida & Daniel Ferreira, 2005. "Powerful CEOs and Their Impact on Corporate Performance," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(4), pages 1403-1432.
- Chen, Jean J., 2004. "Determinants of capital structure of Chinese-listed companies," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(12), pages 1341-1351, December.
- Peng, Mike W. & Zhang, Shujun & Li, Xinchun, 2007. "CEO Duality and Firm Performance during China's Institutional Transitions," Management and Organization Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(02), pages 205-225, July.
- John Child & David K Tse, 2001. "China's Transition and its Implications for International Business," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 32(1), pages 5-21, March.
- James C. Brau & Stanley E. Fawcett, 2006. "Initial Public Offerings: An Analysis of Theory and Practice," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(1), pages 399-436, February.
- Susanne Espenlaub & Arif Khurshed & Abdulkadir Mohamed, 2012. "IPO Survival in a Reputational Market," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(3-4), pages 427-463, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ecofin:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:487-503 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cirillo, Alessandro & Mussolino, Donata & Romano, Mauro & Viganò, Riccardo, 2017. "A complicated relationship: Family involvement in the top management team and post-IPO survival," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 42-56.
- repec:eee:reveco:v:51:y:2017:i:c:p:107-120 is not listed on IDEAS
- Li, Tongxia & Munir, Qaiser & Abd Karim, Mohd Rahimie, 2017. "Nonlinear relationship between CEO power and capital structure: Evidence from China's listed SMEs," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 1-21.
More about this item
KeywordsCEO; IPO; Survival rate; Delisting; China stock exchange;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:riibaf:v:33:y:2015:i:c:p:247-267. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ribaf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.