Changes in Swiss accessibility since 1850
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989. "Is public expenditure productive?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 177-200, March.
- Daniel M. G. Raff & Manuel Trajtenberg, 1996.
"Quality-Adjusted Prices for the American Automobile Industry: 1906-1940,"
NBER Chapters, in: The Economics of New Goods, pages 71-108,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raff, D.M.G. & Trajtenberg, M., 1995. "Quality Adjusted Prices for the American Automobile Industry: 1906-1940," Papers 10-95, Tel Aviv.
- Daniel M.G. Raff & Manuel Trajtenberg, 1995. "Quality-Adjusted Prices for the American Automobile Industry: 1906-1940," NBER Working Papers 5035, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- H C W L Williams, 1977. "On the Formation of Travel Demand Models and Economic Evaluation Measures of User Benefit," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 9(3), pages 285-344, March.
- Shirley, Chad & Winston, Clifford, 2004. "Firm inventory behavior and the returns from highway infrastructure investments," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 398-415, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Beria, Paolo & Debernardi, Andrea & Ferrara, Emanuele, 2017. "Measuring the long-distance accessibility of Italian cities," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 66-79.
- Wang, Lvhua & Liu, Yongxue & Sun, Chao & Liu, Yahui, 2016. "Accessibility impact of the present and future high-speed rail network: A case study of Jiangsu Province, China," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 161-172.
- Becker, Henrik & Balac, Milos & Ciari, Francesco & Axhausen, Kay W., 2020. "Assessing the welfare impacts of Shared Mobility and Mobility as a Service (MaaS)," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 228-243.
- Ioannis Baraklianos & Louafi Bouzouina & Patrick Bonnel & Hind Aissaoui, 2020. "Does the accessibility measure influence the results of residential location choice modelling?," Transportation, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 1147-1176, June.
- Meyer, Jonas & Becker, Henrik & Bösch, Patrick M. & Axhausen, Kay W., 2017. "Autonomous vehicles: The next jump in accessibilities?," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 80-91.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Fedderke, J.W. & Bogetic, Z., 2009.
"Infrastructure and Growth in South Africa: Direct and Indirect Productivity Impacts of 19 Infrastructure Measures,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1522-1539, September.
- Johannes Fedderke & Å½eljko Bogetic, 2005. "Infrastructure and Growth in South Africa: Direct and Indirect Productivity Impacts of 19 Infrastructure Measures," Working Papers 39, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Fedderke, Johannes W. & Bogetic & Zeljko, 2006. "Infrastructure and growth in South Africa : direct and indirect productivity impacts of 19 infrastructure measures," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3989, The World Bank.
- Junjie Hong & Zhaofang Chu & Qiang Wang, 2011. "Transport infrastructure and regional economic growth: evidence from China," Transportation, Springer, vol. 38(5), pages 737-752, September.
- Xu Wang & Xiaobo Zhang & Zhuan Xie & Huang Yiping, 2016.
"Roads to Innovation: Firm-Level Evidence from China,"
- Wang, Xu & Zhang, Xiaobo & Xie, Zhuan & Huang, Yiping, 2016. "Roads to innovation: Firm-level evidence from China:," IFPRI discussion papers 1542, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Zhang, Yanyan & Ma, Wenliang & Yang, Hangjun & Wang, Qiang, 2021. "Impact of high-speed rail on urban residents’ consumption in China—from a spatial perspective," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 1-10.
- Saidi, Samir & Mani, Venkatesh & Mefteh, Haifa & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Akhtar, Pervaiz, 2020. "Dynamic linkages between transport, logistics, foreign direct Investment, and economic growth: Empirical evidence from developing countries," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 277-293.
- Roger Vickerman & Klaus Spiekermann & Michael Wegener, 1999. "Accessibility and Economic Development in Europe," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(1), pages 1-15.
- Clifford Winston, 2013. "On the Performance of the U.S. Transportation System: Caution Ahead," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 51(3), pages 773-824, September.
- Tang, Chor Foon & Abosedra, Salah, 2019. "Logistics performance, exports, and growth: Evidence from Asian economies," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(C).
- Axhausen, Kay, 2008. "Accessibility: Long Term Perspectives," The Journal of Transport and Land Use, Center for Transportation Studies, University of Minnesota, vol. 1(2), pages 5-22.
- Tscharaktschiew, Stefan, 2020. "Why are highway speed limits really justified? An equilibrium speed choice analysis," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 317-351.
- Li, Han & Li, Zhigang, 2013. "Road investments and inventory reduction: Firm level evidence from China," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 43-52.
- Wang, Xu & Xie, Zhuan & Zhang, Xiaobo & Huang, Yiping, 2018. "Roads to innovation: Firm-level evidence from People's Republic of China (PRC)," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 154-170.
- Sun-Kwan Lee & Euijune Kim, 2015. "The effects of highway investments on production costs in the Korean manufacturing sector," International Journal of Urban Sciences, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 182-191, July.
- Hooi Lean, Hooi & Huang, Wei & Hong, Junjie, 2014. "Logistics and economic development: Experience from China," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 96-104.
- Palakiyèm Kpemoua, 2016. "Analyse de l'impact des infrastructures de transport sur la croissance économique du Togo," Working Papers hal-01389698, HAL.
- Melvin Ayogu, 0. "Infrastructure and Economic Development in Africa: A Review-super- †," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 16(suppl_1), pages -126.
- Joubert, J.W. & Axhausen, K.W., 2011. "Inferring commercial vehicle activities in Gauteng, South Africa," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 115-124.
- Michael Iacono & David Levinson, 2012. "Rural Highway Expansion and Economic Development: Impacts on Private Earnings and Employment," Working Papers 000101, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Clifford Winston, 2020. "Comment on "Can America Reduce Highway Construction Costs? Evidence from the States"," NBER Chapters, in: Economic Analysis and Infrastructure Investment, pages 150-164, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gallen, Trevor S. & Winston, Clifford, 2021. "Transportation capital and its effects on the U.S. economy: A general equilibrium approach," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 69(C).
More about this item
KeywordsPublic investment Accessibility Roads Rail Switzerland 1850-2000;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:retrec:v:31:y:2011:i:1:p:72-80. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620614/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620614/description#description .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.