Complementarities in organizational design and the diffusion of information technologies: An empirical analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Christensen, Clayton M. & Rosenbloom, Richard S., 1995. "Explaining the attacker's advantage: Technological paradigms, organizational dynamics, and the value network," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 233-257, March.
- Jennifer F. Reinganum, 1981.
"On the Diffusion of New Technology: A Game Theoretic Approach,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 48(3), pages 395-405.
- Reinganum, Jennifer F., "undated". "On the Diffusion of New Technology: A Game Theoretic Approach," Working Papers 312, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Geroski, P. A., 2000. "Models of technology diffusion," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4-5), pages 603-625, April.
- Stoneman, Paul & Kwon, Myung-Joong, 1994. "The Diffusion of Multiple Process Technologies," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(423), pages 420-431, March.
- Hollenstein, Heinz, 2004. "Determinants of the adoption of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT): An empirical analysis based on firm-level data for the Swiss business sector," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 315-342, September.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1995. "Complementarities and fit strategy, structure, and organizational change in manufacturing," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 179-208, April.
- Sumrall, James B, Jr, 1982. "Diffusion of the Basic Oxygen Furnace in the U.S. Steel Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(4), pages 421-437, June.
- Ichniowski, Casey & Shaw, Kathryn & Prennushi, Giovanna, 1997. "The Effects of Human Resource Management Practices on Productivity: A Study of Steel Finishing Lines," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(3), pages 291-313, June.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin M. Hitt, 2002.
"Information Technology, Workplace Organization, and the Demand for Skilled Labor: Firm-Level Evidence,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 117(1), pages 339-376.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin M. Hitt, 1999. "Information Technology, Workplace Organization and the Demand for Skilled Labor: Firm-Level Evidence," NBER Working Papers 7136, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jennifer F. Reinganum, 1983. "Technology Adoption Under Imperfect Information," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(1), pages 57-69, Spring.
- Davies, Stephen W., 1979. "Inter-firm diffusion of process innovations," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 299-317, October.
- Massoud Karshenas & Paul L. Stoneman, 1993.
"Rank, Stock, Order, and Epidemic Effects in the Diffusion of New Process Technologies: An Empirical Model,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 24(4), pages 503-528, Winter.
- Karshenas, Massoud & Stoneman, Paul, 1990. "Rank, Stock, Order And Epidemic Effects In The Diffusion Of New Process Technologies : An Empirical Model," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 358, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Nathalie Greenan & Dominique Guellec, 1998. "Firm Organization, Technology And Performance: An Empirical Study," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(4), pages 313-347.
- Eleonora Bartoloni & Maurizio Baussola, 2001. "The Determinants of Technology Adoption in Italian Manufacturing Industries," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 19(3), pages 305-328, November.
- Arora, Ashish, 1996. "Testing for complementarities in reduced-form regressions: A note," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 51-55, January.
- Stoneman, P, 1981. "Intra-Firm Diffusion, Bayesian Learning and Profitability," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(362), pages 375-388, June.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1990. "The Economics of Modern Manufacturing: Technology, Strategy, and Organization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(3), pages 511-528, June.
- A. Canepa & P. Stoneman, 2004. "Comparative international diffusion: Patterns, determinants and policies," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 279-298.
- Swamidass, Paul M., 2003. "Modeling the adoption rates of manufacturing technology innovations by small US manufacturers: a longitudinal investigation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 351-366, March.
- Brousseau, Eric, 1994. "EDI and inter-firm relationships: toward a standardization of coordination processes?," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 6(3-4), pages 319-347, December.
- Paola Giuri & Salvatore Torrisi & Natalia Zinovyeva, 2005. "ICT, Skills and Organisational Change: Evidence from a Panel of Italian Manufacturing Firms," LEM Papers Series 2005/11, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Arora, Ashish & Gambardella, Alfonso, 1990. "Complementarity and External Linkages: The Strategies of the Large Firms in Biotechnology," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(4), pages 361-379, June.
- Levin, Sharon G & Levin, Stanford L & Meisel, John B, 1987. "A Dynamic Analysis of the Adoption of a New Technology: The Case of Optical Scanners," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(1), pages 12-17, February.
- Hannan, Timothy H & McDowell, John M, 1987. "Rival Precedence and the Dynamics of Technology Adoption: An Empirical Analysis," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 54(214), pages 155-171, May.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 1989. "The role of technological expectations in a mixed model of international diffusion of process innovations: The case of open-end spinning rotors," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 273-288, October.
- Michael L. Katz & Carl Shapiro, 1994. "Systems Competition and Network Effects," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 93-115, Spring.
- Christine Macleod, 1992. "Strategies for innovation: the diffusion of new technology in nineteenth-century British industry," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 45(2), pages 285-307, May.
- White, Halbert, 1982. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Misspecified Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 1-25, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Juan M. Gallego & Luis H. Gutiérrez & Sang H. Lee, 2015.
"A firm-level analysis of ICT adoption in an emerging economy: evidence from the Colombian manufacturing industries,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 24(1), pages 191-221.
- Juan M. Gallego & Luis H. Gutiérrez & Sang H. Lee, "undated". "A Firm-Level Analysis of ICT Adoption in an Emerging Economy: Evidence from the Colombian Manufacturing Industries," Development Working Papers 362, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Juan Gallego & Luis H. Gutiérrez & Sang H. Lee, 2011. "A firm-level analysis of ICT adoption in an emerging economy: evidence from the colombian manufacturing industries," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 009155, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Charlie Karlsson & Gunther Maier & Michaela Trippl & Iulia Siedschlag & Gavin Murphy, 2010. "ICT and Regional Economic Dynamics: A Literature Review," JRC Working Papers JRC59920, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Ariel Herbert FAMBEU, 2016. "Déterminants De L’Adoption Des Tic Dans Un Pays En Développement : Une Analyse Économétrique Sur Les Entreprises Industrielles Au Cameroun," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 43, pages 159-186.
- Andrew Reeson & Lachlan Rudd, 2016. "ICT Activity, Innovation and Productivity: An Analysis of Data From Australian Businesses," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 35(3), pages 245-255, September.
- Yunhee Kim & Jae Young Choi & Yeonbae Kim, 2009. "Complementarity and Contextuality in the Adoption of Information Systems in Korean Firms," TEMEP Discussion Papers 200919, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Oct 2009.
- Massimiliano Mazzanti & Davide Antonioli & Susanna Mancinelli, 2011. "Are Environmental Innovations Embedded within High-Performance Organizational Changes?," Working Papers 201115, University of Ferrara, Department of Economics.
- Charlie Karlsson & Gunther Maier & Michaela Trippl & Iulia Siedschlag & Robert Owen & Gavin Murphy, 2008. "ICT Diffusion, Innovation Systems, Globalisation and Regional Economic Dynamics: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Papers WP233, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Danielle Galliano & Luis Orozco, 2011.
"Les déterminants industriels et spatiaux du processus d'adoption de technologies : Le cas des systèmes de traçabilité dans les firmes industrielles françaises,"
Géographie, économie, société,
Lavoisier, vol. 13(2), pages 135-163.
- Danielle Galliano & Luis Orozco, 2011. "Les déterminants industriels et spatiaux du processus d’adoption de technologies : Le cas des systèmes de traçabilité dans les firmes industrielles françaises," Post-Print halshs-01228099, HAL.
- Caroline Mothe & Uyen T. Nguyen-Thi & Phu Nguyen-Van, 2015.
"Assessing complementarity in organizational innovations for technological innovation: the role of knowledge management practices,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(29), pages 3040-3058, June.
- Caroline Mothe & Uyen Nguyen-Thi & Phu Nguyen Van, 2015. "Assessing complementarity in organizational innovations for technological innovation: the role of knowledge management practices," Post-Print hal-01293882, HAL.
- Zand, Fardad & Van Beers, Cees & Van Leeuwen, George, 2011. "Information technology, organizational change and firm productivity: A panel study of complementarity effects and clustering patterns in Manufacturing and Services," MPRA Paper 46469, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eva Hagsten & Patricia Kotnik, 2017. "ICT as facilitator of internationalisation in small- and medium-sized firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 48(2), pages 431-446, February.
- Gilli, Marianna & Mancinelli, Susanna & Mazzanti, Massimiliano, 2014.
"Innovation complementarity and environmental productivity effects: Reality or delusion? Evidence from the EU,"
Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 56-67.
- Marianna Gilli & Susanna Mancinelli & Massimiliano Mazzanti, 2013. "Innovation Complementarity and Environmental Productivity Effects: Reality or Delusion? Evidence from the EU," Working Papers 2013.88, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Massimiliano Mazzanti & Susanna Mancinelli & Marianna Gilli, 2014. "Innovation Complementarity and Environmental Productivity Effects: Reality or Delusion? Evidence from the EU," Working Papers 2014043, University of Ferrara, Department of Economics.
- Caroline Mothe & Uyen T. Nguyen-Thi & Phu Nguyen-Van, 2014. "Are organizational innovation practices complements or substitutes for technological innovation performance?," Working Papers of BETA 2014-12, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Seri, Paolo & Zanfei, Antonello, 2013.
"The co-evolution of ICT, skills and organization in public administrations: Evidence from new European country-level data,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 160-176.
- Paolo Seri & Antonello Zanfei, 2012. "The Co-evolution of ICT, Skills and Organization in Public Administrations: Evidence from new European country-level data," Working Papers 1217, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, Department of Economics, Society & Politics - Scientific Committee - L. Stefanini & G. Travaglini, revised 2012.
- Jae Young Choi & Yeonbae Kim & Yungman Jun & Yunhee Kim, 2009. "A Multivariate Probit Analysis of Korean Firms Information System Adoption: An Empirical Analysis on the Determinants of the Adoption and Complementarity Among the Information Systems," TEMEP Discussion Papers 200926, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Nov 2009.
- Nisar, Arsalan & Ruiz, Felipe & Palacios, Miguel, 2013. "Organisational learning, strategic rigidity and technology adoption: Implications for electric utilities and renewable energy firms," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 438-445.
- Galliano, Danielle & Orozco, L., 2008. "Intra and Inter organisational determinants of electronic-based traceability adoption: evidences from the French agri-food industry," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 43952, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Antonioli, Davide & Mancinelli, Susanna & Mazzanti, Massimiliano, 2013. "Is environmental innovation embedded within high-performance organisational changes? The role of human resource management and complementarity in green business strategies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 975-988.
- Thuc Uyen Nguyen-Thi & Caroline Mothe, 2010. "The Link Between Non Technological Innovations And Technological Innovation," Post-Print hal-00920069, HAL.
- Ennen, Edgar & Richter, Ansgar, 2009. "The Whole Is More Than the Sum of Its Parts - Or Is It? A Review of the Empirical Literature on Complementarities in Organizations," MPRA Paper 15666, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Furlan, Andrea & Dal Pont, Giorgia & Vinelli, Andrea, 2011. "On the complementarity between internal and external just-in-time bundles to build and sustain high performance manufacturing," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 133(2), pages 489-495, October.
- Rachel Bocquet & Olivier Brossard, 2008.
"Information technologies adoption and localized knowledge diffusion : an empirical study
[Adoption des tic, proximité et diffusion localisée des connaissances]," Post-Print hal-01293648, HAL.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-488 is not listed on IDEAS
- Danielle Galliano & Luis Orozco, 2011.
"The determinants of electronic traceability adoption: a firm‐level analysis of French agribusiness,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(3), pages 379-397, June.
- Danielle Galliano & Luis Orozco, 2011. "The determinants of electronic traceability adoption: a firm-level analysis of French agribusiness," Post-Print halshs-01228086, HAL.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:36:y:2007:i:3:p:367-386. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.