Complementarities in organizational design and the diffusion of information technologies: An empirical analysis
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Reinganum, Jennifer F., 1981.
"Technology Adoption Under Imperfect Information,"
407, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Geroski, P. A., 2000.
"Models of technology diffusion,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(4-5), pages 603-625, April.
- Massoud Karshenas & Paul L. Stoneman, 1993.
"Rank, Stock, Order, and Epidemic Effects in the Diffusion of New Process Technologies: An Empirical Model,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 24(4), pages 503-528, Winter.
- Karshenas, Massoud & Stoneman, Paul, 1990. "Rank, Stock, Order And Epidemic Effects In The Diffusion Of New Process Technologies : An Empirical Model," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 358, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Arora, Ashish, 1996. "Testing for complementarities in reduced-form regressions: A note," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 51-55, January.
- Arora, Ashish & Gambardella, Alfonso, 1990. "Complementarity and External Linkages: The Strategies of the Large Firms in Biotechnology," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(4), pages 361-79, June.
- Levin, Sharon G & Levin, Stanford L & Meisel, John B, 1987. "A Dynamic Analysis of the Adoption of a New Technology: The Case of Optical Scanners," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(1), pages 12-17, February.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1990. "The Economics of Modern Manufacturing: Technology, Strategy, and Organization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(3), pages 511-28, June.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin M. Hitt, 2002. "Information Technology, Workplace Organization, and the Demand for Skilled Labor: Firm-Level Evidence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 117(1), pages 339-376.
- Stoneman, P, 1981. "Intra-Firm Diffusion, Bayesian Learning and Profitability," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(362), pages 375-88, June.
- Davies, Stephen W., 1979. "Inter-firm diffusion of process innovations," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 299-317, October.
- Eleonora Bartoloni & Maurizio Baussola, 2001. "The Determinants of Technology Adoption in Italian Manufacturing Industries," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 305-328, November.
- Michael L. Katz & Carl Shapiro, 1994. "Systems Competition and Network Effects," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 93-115, Spring.
- Hannan, Timothy H & McDowell, John M, 1987. "Rival Precedence and the Dynamics of Technology Adoption: An Empirical Analysis," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 54(214), pages 155-71, May.
- Swamidass, Paul M., 2003. "Modeling the adoption rates of manufacturing technology innovations by small US manufacturers: a longitudinal investigation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 351-366, March.
- Ichniowski, Casey & Shaw, Kathryn & Prennushi, Giovanna, 1997. "The Effects of Human Resource Management Practices on Productivity: A Study of Steel Finishing Lines," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(3), pages 291-313, June.
- Christensen, Clayton M. & Rosenbloom, Richard S., 1995. "Explaining the attacker's advantage: Technological paradigms, organizational dynamics, and the value network," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 233-257, March.
- repec:oup:restud:v:48:y:1981:i:3:p:395-405 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brousseau, Eric, 1994. "EDI and inter-firm relationships: toward a standardization of coordination processes?," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 6(3-4), pages 319-347, December.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 1989. "The role of technological expectations in a mixed model of international diffusion of process innovations: The case of open-end spinning rotors," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 273-288, October.
- Hollenstein, Heinz, 2004. "Determinants of the adoption of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT): An empirical analysis based on firm-level data for the Swiss business sector," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 315-342, September.
- Christine Macleod, 1992. "Strategies for innovation: the diffusion of new technology in nineteenth-century British industry," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 45(2), pages 285-307, 05.
- Nathalie Greenan & Dominique Guellec, 1998. "Firm Organization, Technology And Performance: An Empirical Study," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(4), pages 313-347.
- Stoneman, Paul & Kwon, Myung-Joong, 1994. "The Diffusion of Multiple Process Technologies," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(423), pages 420-31, March.
- A. Canepa & P. Stoneman, 2004. "Comparative international diffusion: Patterns, determinants and policies," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 279-298.
- White, Halbert, 1982. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Misspecified Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Paola Giuri & Salvatore Torrisi & Natalia Zinovyeva, 2005. "ICT, Skills and Organisational Change: Evidence from a Panel of Italian Manufacturing Firms," LEM Papers Series 2005/11, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Sumrall, James B, Jr, 1982. "Diffusion of the Basic Oxygen Furnace in the U.S. Steel Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(4), pages 421-37, June.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1995. "Complementarities and fit strategy, structure, and organizational change in manufacturing," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 179-208, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:36:y:2007:i:3:p:367-386. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.