Living standards and incentives in transition: the implications of UI exhaustion in Hungary
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Meyer, Bruce D, 1990. "Unemployment Insurance and Unemployment Spells," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(4), pages 757-782, July.
- Scott Edwards & Tito Boeri, 1998. "Long-term unemployment and short-term unemployment benefits: The changing nature of non-employment subsidies in Central and Eastern Europe," Empirical Economics, Springer, pages 31-54.
- Jenkins, Stephen P, 1995. "Easy Estimation Methods for Discrete-Time Duration Models," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 57(1), pages 129-138, February.
- Gyula Nagy & John Micklewright, 1998. "Unemployment assistance in Hungary," Empirical Economics, Springer, pages 155-175.
- Browning, Martin & Crossley, Thomas F., 2001.
"Unemployment insurance benefit levels and consumption changes,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, pages 1-23.
- Martin Browning & Thomas Crossley, "undated". "Unemployment Insurance Benefit Levels and Consumption Changes," Canadian International Labour Network Working Papers 25, McMaster University.
- Martin Browning & Thomas Crossley, 1996. "Unemployment Insurance Benefit Levels and Consumption Changes," Discussion Papers 96-11, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Martin Browning & Thomas Crossley, 1996. "Unemployment Insurance Benefit Levels and Consumption Changes," Department of Economics Working Papers 1996-01, McMaster University.
- Martin Browning & Thomas Crossley, 1999. "Unemployment Insurance Benefit Levels and Consumption Changes," CEPR Discussion Papers 405, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Atkinson, Anthony B & Micklewright, John, 1991. "Unemployment Compensation and Labor Market Transitions: A Critical Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 29(4), pages 1679-1727, December.
- Gruber, Jonathan, 1997. "The Consumption Smoothing Benefits of Unemployment Insurance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(1), pages 192-205, March.
- Milan Vodopivec, 1998. "Transition from cash benefits to work: The case of Slovenia," Empirical Economics, Springer, pages 177-202.
- Micklewright, J & Nagy, G, 1996. "A Follow-Up Survey of Unemployment Insurance Exhausters in Hungary," Economics Working Papers eco96/08, European University Institute.
- Duclos, Jean-Yves, 1995.
"Modelling the take-up of state support,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, pages 391-415.
- Karla Hoff & Andrew B. Lyon, 1994. "Non-Leaky Buckets: Optimal Redistributive Taxation and Agency Costs," NBER Working Papers 4652, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Narendranathan, W & Nickell, S & Stern, J, 1985. "Unemployment Benefits Revisited," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(378), pages 307-329, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Klugman, Jeni & Micklewright, John & Redmond, Gerry, 2002.
"Poverty in the Transition: Social Expenditures and the Working-Age Poor,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3389, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jeni Klugman & John Micklewright & Gerry Redmond, 2002. "Poverty in the Transition: Social expenditures and the working-age poor," Papers inwopa02/18, Innocenti Working Papers.
- Alfonso Alba & Jose Maria Arranz & Fernando Muñoz-Bullón, 2012.
"Re-employment probabilities of unemployment benefit recipients,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(28), pages 3645-3664, October.
- Alfonso Alba & Jose Maria Arranz & Fernando Muñoz-Bullón, 2011. "Re-Employment Probabilities Of Unemployment Benefit Recipients," Post-Print hal-00712375, HAL.
- Ott Toomet, 2005. "Does an increase in unemployment income lead to longer unemployment spells? Evidence using Danish unemployment assistance data," Economics Working Papers 2005-07, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Benoit Dostie & David Sahn, 2006.
"Labor Market Dynamics in Romania During a Period of Economic Liberalization,"
Cahiers de recherche
06-17, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée, revised Jun 2008.
- Dostie, Benoit & Sahn, David E., 2006. "Labor Market Dynamics in Romania During a Period of Economic Liberalization," IZA Discussion Papers 2511, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Micklewright, John & Nagy, Gyula, 2010.
"The effect of monitoring unemployment insurance recipients on unemployment duration: Evidence from a field experiment,"
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 180-187, January.
- John Micklewright & Gyula Nagy, 2009. "The effect of monitoring unemployment insurance recipients on unemployment duration: evidence from a field experiment," DoQSS Working Papers 09-02, Department of Quantitative Social Science - UCL Institute of Education, University College London.
- Rosholm, Michael & Toomet, Ott, 2005. "A Search Model of Discouragement," IZA Discussion Papers 1633, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rick Audas & Eva Berde & Peter Dolton, 2005. "Youth unemployment and labour market transitions in Hungary," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 1-25.
- Ott-Siim Toomet, 2005. "Does an Increase in Unemployment Income Lead to Longer Unemployment Spells? Evidence Using Danish Unemployment Assistance Data," Bank of Estonia Working Papers 2005-09, Bank of Estonia, revised 10 Oct 2005.
- Anton Nivorozhkin, 2005. "New estimates of the risk and duration of registered unemployment in urban Russia," UCL SSEES Economics and Business working paper series 60, UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies (SSEES).
- Micklewright, John & Nagy, Gyula, 2005.
"Job Search Monitoring and Unemployment Duration in Hungary: Evidence from a Randomised Control Trial,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1839, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- John Micklewright & Nagy Gyula, 2005. "Job Search Monitoring and Unemployment Duration in Hungary: Evidence from a Randomised Control Trial," Budapest Working Papers on the Labour Market 0509, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Alba, Alfonso & Arranz, José M. & Muñoz-Bullón, Fernando, 2006. "Unemployment duration, unemployment benefits and recalls," DEE - Working Papers. Business Economics. WB wb066218, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Virve Ollikainen & Tomi Kyyrä, 2006. "To Search or Not to Search? The Effects of UI Benefit Extension for the Elderly Unemployed," Discussion Papers 400, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
- Galasi, Péter & Nagy, Gyula, 2008.
"Jövedelmek és munkanélküli-ellátások
[Targeting unemployment benefits in Hungary]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(6), pages 473-502.
- World Bank, 2001. "Hungary : Long-term Poverty, Social Protection, and the Labor Market, Volume 1. Main Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15524, The World Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pubeco:v:73:y:1999:i:3:p:297-319. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578 .