The technology life cycle: Conceptualization and managerial implications
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sahal, Devendra, 1985. "Technological guideposts and innovation avenues," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 61-82, April.
- Peter Thompson, 2005. "Selection and Firm Survival: Evidence from the Shipbuilding Industry, 1825-1914," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 87(1), pages 26-36, February.
- Audretsch, David B., 1995. "Innovation, growth and survival," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 441-457, December.
- Aitken, James & Childerhouse, Paul & Towill, Denis, 2003. "The impact of product life cycle on supply chain strategy," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 127-140, August.
- Chien, Chen-Fu & Chen, Yun-Ju & Peng, Jin-Tang, 2010. "Manufacturing intelligence for semiconductor demand forecast based on technology diffusion and product life cycle," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 128(2), pages 496-509, December.
- Chang, Sheng-Lin & Wang, Reay-Chen & Wang, Shih-Yuan, 2006. "Applying fuzzy linguistic quantifier to select supply chain partners at different phases of product life cycle," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 348-359, April.
- Murmann, Johann Peter & Frenken, Koen, 2006.
"Toward a systematic framework for research on dominant designs, technological innovations, and industrial change,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 925-952, September.
- P. Murmann & K. Frenken, 2002. "Toward a Systematic Framework for Research on Dominant Designs, Technological Innovations, and Industrial Change," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2002-12, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Klepper, Steven, 1997. "Industry Life Cycles," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(1), pages 145-181.
- Georgios Fotopoulos & Nigel Spence, 1998. "Entry and exit from manufacturing industries: symmetry, turbulence and simultaneity - some empirical evidence from Greek manufacturing industries, 1982-1988," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(2), pages 245-262, February.
- Barry L. Bayus & Rajshree Agarwal, 2007. "The Role of Pre-Entry Experience, Entry Timing, and Product Technology Strategies in Explaining Firm Survival," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(12), pages 1887-1902, December.
- Rosenkopf, Lori & Tushman, Michael L, 1998. "The Coevolution of Community Networks and Technology: Lessons from the Flight Simulation Industry," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(2), pages 311-346, June.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1993.
"Technological paradigms and technological trajectories : A suggested interpretation of the determinants and directions of technical change,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 102-103, April.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1982. "Technological paradigms and technological trajectories : A suggested interpretation of the determinants and directions of technical change," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 147-162, June.
- Funk, Jeffery, 2009. "Components, systems and discontinuities: The case of magnetic recording and playback equipment," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 1192-1202, September.
- Kaplan, Sarah & Tripsas, Mary, 2008. "Thinking about technology: Applying a cognitive lens to technical change," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 790-805, June.
- Hsueh, Che-Fu, 2011. "An inventory control model with consideration of remanufacturing and product life cycle," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 133(2), pages 645-652, October.
- Geroski, P. A., 1995. "What do we know about entry?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 421-440, December.
- Ron Adner & Daniel Levinthal, 2001. "Demand Heterogeneity and Technology Evolution: Implications for Product and Process Innovation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(5), pages 611-628, May.
- Utterback, James M & Abernathy, William J, 1975. "A dynamic model of process and product innovation," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 3(6), pages 639-656, December.
- Alfred Kleinknecht & Kees Van Montfort & Erik Brouwer, 2002. "The Non-Trivial Choice between Innovation Indicators," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 109-121.
- Nelson, Andrew J., 2009. "Measuring knowledge spillovers: What patents, licenses and publications reveal about innovation diffusion," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 994-1005, July.
- Suarez, Fernando F., 2004. "Battles for technological dominance: an integrative framework," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 271-286, March.
- Gort, Michael & Klepper, Steven, 1982. "Time Paths in the Diffusion of Product Innovations," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(367), pages 630-653, September.
- Haupt, Reinhard & Kloyer, Martin & Lange, Marcus, 2007. "Patent indicators for the technology life cycle development," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 387-398, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Etgar, Ran & Gelbard, Roy & Cohen, Yuval, 2017. "Optimizing version release dates of research and development long-term processes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 259(2), pages 642-653.
- Martin Kalthaus, 2016. "Knowledge recombination along the technology life cycle," Jena Economic Research Papers 2016-012, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Munari, Federico & Toschi, Laura, 2014. "Running ahead in the nanotechnology gold rush. Strategic patenting in emerging technologies," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 194-207.
- repec:spr:scient:v:105:y:2015:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-015-1591-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chang, Shu-Hao & Fan, Chin-Yuan, 2016. "Identification of the technology life cycle of telematics: A patent-based analytical perspective," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 1-10.
- Anca-Liliana Opriş & Sorin Cristian Ionescu, 2016. "The Life Cycle Of Medical Imaging Technology," Romanian Economic Business Review, Romanian-American University, vol. 10(2), pages 404-415, December.
- Choi, Kanghwa & Narasimhan, Ram & Kim, Soo Wook, 2016. "Opening the technological innovation black box: The case of the electronics industry in Korea," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 250(1), pages 192-203.
More about this item
KeywordsTechnology life cycle; Dominant design; Technology paradigm; Technology generation; Technology application; Product life cycle;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:140:y:2012:i:1:p:541-553. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe .