Sustainability development in high-tech manufacturing firms in Hong Kong: Motivators and readiness
Sustainable development has been a global topic and is widely considered as an important issue concerning the high-tech manufacturing sector. This paper focuses on a study undertaken among a number of high-tech manufacturing firms to identify the key factors motivating the adoption and implementation of sustainability development strategies in Hong Kong. The research model incorporates the relationships between motivating factors (management, internal and external) and company's willingness and readiness (supportive measures) to adopt sustainable development strategies The findings would be useful to develop a plan for sustainability management in the Hong Kong high-tech manufacturing sector, while taking an incremental approach by highlighting the factors motivating and enabling the sustainability development.
Volume (Year): 137 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Webb, Deborah J. & Mohr, Lois A. & Harris, Katherine E., 2008. "A re-examination of socially responsible consumption and its measurement," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 91-98, February.
- Julie Pirsch & Shruti Gupta & Stacy Grau, 2007. "A Framework for Understanding Corporate Social Responsibility Programs as a Continuum: An Exploratory Study," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 70(2), pages 125-140, January.
- Ronald Hill & Thomas Ainscough & Todd Shank & Daryl Manullang, 2007. "Corporate Social Responsibility and Socially Responsible Investing: A Global Perspective," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 70(2), pages 165-174, January.
- Julie A. Silva, 2008.
"International Trade and the Changing Demand for Skilled Workers in High-Tech Manufacturing,"
Growth and Change,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(2), pages 225-251.
- Julie Silva, 2007. "International Trade and the Changing Demand for Skilled Workers in High-Tech Manufacturing," Working Papers 07-22, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Becker-Olsen, Karen L. & Cudmore, B. Andrew & Hill, Ronald Paul, 2006. "The impact of perceived corporate social responsibility on consumer behavior," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 46-53, January.
- Salzmann, Oliver & Ionescu-somers, Aileen & Steger, Ulrich, 2005. "The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability:: Literature Review and Research Options," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 27-36, February.
- Roberts, Robin W., 1992. "Determinants of corporate social responsibility disclosure: An application of stakeholder theory," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 595-612, August.
- Fuller, Donald A. & Ottman, Jacquelyn A., 2004. "Moderating unintended pollution: the role of sustainable product design," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(11), pages 1231-1238, November.
- Lee, Sang M. & Peterson, Suzanne J., 2000. "Culture, entrepreneurial orientation, and global competitiveness," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 401-416, January.
- Ciliberti, Francesco & Pontrandolfo, Pierpaolo & Scozzi, Barbara, 2008. "Logistics social responsibility: Standard adoption and practices in Italian companies," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 88-106, May.
- Jon Birger Skjærseth & Tora Skodvin, 2001. "Climate Change and the Oil Industry: Common Problems, Different Strategies," Global Environmental Politics, MIT Press, vol. 1(4), pages 43-64, November.
- Bullinger, H. -J. & Steinaecker, J. von & Weller, A., 1999. "Concepts and methods for a production integrated environmental protection," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 35-42, April.
- de Ron, Ad J., 1998. "Sustainable production: The ultimate result of a continuous improvement," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 99-110, September.
- O'Brien, Christopher, 1999. "Sustainable production - a new paradigm for a new millennium," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 1-7, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:137:y:2012:i:1:p:116-125. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.