Environmental proactivity and business performance: an empirical analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- O'Brien, Christopher, 1999. "Sustainable production - a new paradigm for a new millennium," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 1-7, April.
- de Ron, Ad J., 1998. "Sustainable production: The ultimate result of a continuous improvement," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 99-110, September.
- J. R. Norsworthy & Michael J. Harper & Kent Kunze, 1979. "The Slowdown in Productivity Growth: Analysis of Some Contributing factors," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 10(2), pages 387-422.
- Karen Palmer & Wallace E. Oates & Paul R. Portney, 1995. "Tightening Environmental Standards: The Benefit-Cost or the No-Cost Paradigm?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 119-132, Fall.
- Tim Newton, 1997. "Green Business: Technicist Kitsch?," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(1), pages 75-98, January.
- Adam B. Jaffe et al., 1995. "Environmental Regulation and the Competitiveness of U.S. Manufacturing: What Does the Evidence Tell Us?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(1), pages 132-163, March.
- Sarkis, Joseph, 1998. "Evaluating environmentally conscious business practices," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 159-174, May.
- Hamilton James T., 1995. "Pollution as News: Media and Stock Market Reactions to the Toxics Release Inventory Data," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 98-113, January.
- Michael E. Porter & Claas van der Linde, 1995. "Toward a New Conception of the Environment-Competitiveness Relationship," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 97-118, Fall.
- Vastag, Gyula & Kerekes, Sandor & Rondinelli, Dennis A., 1996. "Evaluation of corporate environmental management approaches: A framework and application," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2-3), pages 193-211, June.
- Robert D. Klassen & Curtis P. McLaughlin, 1996. "The Impact of Environmental Management on Firm Performance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(8), pages 1199-1214, August.
- Christainsen, Gregory B. & Haveman, Robert H., 1981. "The contribution of environmental regulations to the slowdown in productivity growth," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 381-390, December.
- Bullinger, H. -J. & Steinaecker, J. von & Weller, A., 1999. "Concepts and methods for a production integrated environmental protection," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 35-42, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wong, Christina W.Y. & Lai, Kee-hung & Shang, Kuo-Chung & Lu, Chin-Shan & Leung, T.K.P., 2012. "Green operations and the moderating role of environmental management capability of suppliers on manufacturing firm performance," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 283-294.
- Vanderleia Martins Lohn & Rafael Tezza & Graziela Dias Alperstedt & Lucila M. S. Campos, 2017. "Future Professionals: A Study of Sustainable Behavior," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(3), pages 1-15, March.
- Graham, Stephanie & Potter, Antony, 2015. "Environmental operations management and its links with proactivity and performance: A study of the UK food industry," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 170(PA), pages 146-159.
- Galeazzo, Ambra & Furlan, Andrea & Vinelli, Andrea, 2014. "Understanding environmental-operations integration: The case of pollution prevention projects," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 149-160.
- Christian Dienes, 2015. "Energy and Material Efficiency Improvements, Compliance Strategies, and Investments in Resource Efficiency: A Cross-Country Study," Schumpeter Discussion Papers SDP15004, Universitätsbibliothek Wuppertal, University Library.
- Son, Byung-Gak & Sodhi, ManMohan & Kocabasoglu-Hillmer, Canan & Lee, Tae-Hee, 2016. "Supply chain information in analyst reports on publicly traded companies," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 171(P3), pages 350-360.
- Gopalakrishnan, Kavitha & Yusuf, Yahaya Y. & Musa, Ahmed & Abubakar, Tijjani & Ambursa, Hafsat M., 2012. "Sustainable supply chain management: A case study of British Aerospace (BAe) Systems," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 193-203.
- Wu, Tienhua & Jim Wu, Yen-Chun & Chen, Yenming J. & Goh, Mark, 2014. "Aligning supply chain strategy with corporate environmental strategy: A contingency approach," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 147(PB), pages 220-229.
- Marilyn Lucas & Matthew Wilson, 2008. "Tracking the relationship between environmental management and financial performance in the service industry," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 2(3), pages 203-218, September.
- Neubaum, Donald O. & Dibrell, Clay & Craig, Justin B., 2012. "Balancing natural environmental concerns of internal and external stakeholders in family and non-family businesses," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 28-37.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:142:y:2017:i:c:p:21-30 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:10:p:1778-:d:113764 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhu, Qinghua & Sarkis, Joseph & Cordeiro, James J. & Lai, Kee-Hung, 2008. "Firm-level correlates of emergent green supply chain management practices in the Chinese context," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 577-591, August.
- White, Leroy & Lee, Gregory John, 2009. "Operational research and sustainable development: Tackling the social dimension," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 193(3), pages 683-692, March.
- Zhaojun Yang & Jun Sun & Yali Zhang & Ying Wang, 0. "Peas and carrots just because they are green? Operational fit between green supply chain management and green information system," Information Systems Frontiers, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-19.
- Supriti Mishra & Damodar Suar, 2010. "Does Corporate Social Responsibility Influence Firm Performance of Indian Companies?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 95(4), pages 571-601, September.
- Julia Wolf, 2011. "Sustainable Supply Chain Management Integration: A Qualitative Analysis of the German Manufacturing Industry," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 102(2), pages 221-235, August.
- Hazen, Benjamin T. & Overstreet, Robert E. & Jones-Farmer, L. Allison & Field, Hubert S., 2012. "The role of ambiguity tolerance in consumer perception of remanufactured products," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 135(2), pages 781-790.
- Elena Fraj-Andrés & Eva Martinez-Salinas & Jorge Matute-Vallejo, 2009. "A Multidimensional Approach to the Influence of Environmental Marketing and Orientation on the Firm’s Organizational Performance," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 88(2), pages 263-286, August.
- Lai, Kee-hung & Wong, Christina W.Y., 2012. "Green logistics management and performance: Some empirical evidence from Chinese manufacturing exporters," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 267-282.
- Bloemhof-Ruwaard, J.M. & van Nunen, J.A.E.E., 2005. "Integration of Environmental Management and SCM," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2005-030-LIS, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental proactivity Business performance;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:33:y:2005:i:1:p:1-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.