Corporate Social Responsibility – Analysing Social and Financial Performance The Case of Romania
Our paper emphasizes the strategic importance of CSR both for companies and society as well. A comprehensive literature review reflects the challenges mainly associated with two different approaches: CSR as a profitable business practice that consolidates a good corporate image, or CSR as an inefficient way of using corporate resources, negatively correlated with financial performance. Our paper brings theoretical and practical evidence proving that CSR improves the business commercial and financial performance; certain correlations should be established between social and financial indicators. As a case study, we analyze an international company on the Romanian market that has increased its business performance by adopting different CSR measures.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Irina Iamandi, 2007. "Corporate Social Responsibility and Social Responsiveness in a Global Business Environment. A Comparative Theoretical Approach," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 10(23), pages 3-18, June.
- Paul C. Godfrey & Nile W. Hatch, 2007. "Researching Corporate Social Responsibility: An Agenda for the 21st Century," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 70(1), pages 87-98, January.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-38, July.
- Salzmann, Oliver & Ionescu-somers, Aileen & Steger, Ulrich, 2005. "The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability:: Literature Review and Research Options," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 27-36, February.
- Ronald Hill & Thomas Ainscough & Todd Shank & Daryl Manullang, 2007. "Corporate Social Responsibility and Socially Responsible Investing: A Global Perspective," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 70(2), pages 165-174, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ers:journl:v:x:y:2007:i:3-4:p:19-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eleni Giannakopoulou)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.