A note on marginal and conditional independence
Some statistical models imply that two random vectors are marginally independent as well as being conditionally independent with respect to another random vector. When the joint distribution of the vectors is normal, canonical correlation analysis may lead to relevant simplifications of the dependence structure. A similar application can be found in elliptical models, where linear independence does not imply statistical independence. Implications for Bayes analysis of the general linear model are discussed.
Volume (Year): 80 (2010)
Issue (Month): 23-24 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Granger, C. W. J., 1980. "Testing for causality : A personal viewpoint," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 329-352, May.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-38, July.
- Hosoya, Yuzo, 1977. "On the Granger Condition for Non-Causality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(7), pages 1735-36, October.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1988. "Some recent development in a concept of causality," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 199-211.
- Florens, Jean-Pierre & Mouchart, Michel, 1985. "A Linear Theory for Noncausality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(1), pages 157-75, January.
- Nanny Wermuth & D. R. Cox, 2004. "Joint response graphs and separation induced by triangular systems," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 66(3), pages 687-717.
- Eichler, Michael, 2007. "Granger causality and path diagrams for multivariate time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 137(2), pages 334-353, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:80:y:2010:i:23-24:p:1695-1699. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.