The impact of crime on trust in institutions in Mexico
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Oguzhan Dincer & Eric Uslaner, 2010. "Trust and growth," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 142(1), pages 59-67, January.
- Horváth, Roman, 2013.
"Does trust promote growth?,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 777-788.
- Roman Horváth, 2012. "Does Trust Promote Growth?," Working Papers IES 2012/09, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Apr 2012.
- Roman Horváth, 2012. "Does Trust Promote Growth?," Working Papers 319, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Yuriy Gorodnichenko & Gerard Roland, 2011. "Which Dimensions of Culture Matter for Long-Run Growth?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(3), pages 492-498, May.
- Dearmon, Jacob & Grier, Robin, 2011. "Trust and the accumulation of physical and human capital," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 507-519, September.
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1997. "Does Social Capital Have an Economic Payoff? A Cross-Country Investigation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1251-1288.
- Kenneth E. Fernandez & Michele Kuenzi, 2010. "Crime and Support for Democracy in Africa and Latin America," Political Studies, Political Studies Association, vol. 58, pages 450-471, June.
- Jellema, Jon & Roland, Gerard, 2011. "Institutional clusters and economic performance," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 79(1-2), pages 108-132, June.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:106:y:2012:i:03:p:570-587_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ahlerup, Pelle & Olsson, Ola & Yanagizawa, David, 2007. "Social Capital vs Institutions in the Growth Process," Working Papers in Economics 248, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- repec:tpr:restat:v:99:y:2017:i:3:p:402-416 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rodrigo R. Soares & Joana Naritomi, 2010. "Understanding High Crime Rates in Latin America: The Role of Social and Policy Factors," NBER Chapters,in: The Economics of Crime: Lessons for and from Latin America, pages 19-55 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:103:y:2009:i:02:p:231-247_09 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yuriy Gorodnichenko & Gerard Roland, 2017.
"Culture, Institutions, and the Wealth of Nations,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 99(3), pages 402-416, July.
- Gorodnichenko, Yuriy & Roland, Gérard, 2010. "Culture, Institutions and the Wealth of nations," CEPR Discussion Papers 8013, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gorodnichenko, Yuriy & Roland, Gerald, 2010. "Culture, Institutions and the Wealth of Nations," IZA Discussion Papers 5187, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Yuriy Gorodnichenko & Gerard Roland, 2010. "Culture, Institutions and the Wealth of Nations," NBER Working Papers 16368, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Beugelsdijk, Sjoerd & van Schaik, Ton, 2005. "Social capital and growth in European regions: an empirical test," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 301-324, June.
- Luisa Blanco & Isabel Ruiz, 2013. "The Impact of Crime and Insecurity on Trust in Democracy and Institutions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(3), pages 284-288, May.
- Dube, Arindrajit & Dube, Oeindrila & García-Ponce, Omar, 2012. "Cross-Border Spillover: U.S. Gun Laws and Violence in Mexico," IZA Discussion Papers 7098, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Easton, David, 1975. "A Re-assessment of the Concept of Political Support," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(04), pages 435-457, October.
- Soares, Rodrigo R, 2004. "Crime Reporting as a Measure of Institutional Development," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(4), pages 851-871, July.
- Dimi Jottier & Bruno Heyndels, 2012. "Does social capital increase political accountability? An empirical test for Flemish municipalities," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 150(3), pages 731-744, March.
- Efendic, Adnan & Pugh, Geoff & Adnett, Nick, 2011. "Institutions and economic performance: A meta-regression analysis," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 586-599, September.
- Paldam, Martin & Svendsen, Gert Tinggaard, 2000. "An essay on social capital: looking for the fire behind the smoke," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 339-366, June.
- Christian Bjørnskov, 2010. "How does social trust lead to better governance? An attempt to separate electoral and bureaucratic mechanisms," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 144(1), pages 323-346, July.
- Dearmon, Jacob & Grier, Kevin, 2009. "Trust and development," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 210-220, August.
- Ashby, Nathan J. & Ramos, Miguel A., 2013. "Foreign direct investment and industry response to organized crime: The Mexican case," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 80-91.
- repec:gig:joupla:v:3:y:2011:i:1:p:29-64 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jetter, Michael & Kristoffersen, Ingebjørg, 2017. "Financial Shocks and the Erosion of Interpersonal Trust: Evidence from Longitudinal Data," IZA Discussion Papers 11204, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Corbacho, Ana & Philipp, Julia & Ruiz-Vega, Mauricio, 2015. "Crime and Erosion of Trust: Evidence for Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 400-415.
- Ligthart, Jenny E. & van Oudheusden, Peter, 2015.
"In government we trust: The role of fiscal decentralization,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 116-128.
- Jenny E. Ligthart & Peter van Oudheusden, 2011. "In government we trust: the role of fiscal decentralization," Working Papers 2011/24, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Ligthart, J.E. & van Oudheusden, P., 2011. "In Government We Trust : The Role of Fiscal Decentralization," Discussion Paper 2011-073, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Jenny Ligthart & Peter van Oudheusden, 2011. "In Government We Trust: The Role of Fiscal Decentralization," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1118, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- repec:elg:eechap:15325_2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bjornskov, Christian & Bogetic, Zeljko & Hillman, Arye & Popovic, Milenko, 2014.
"Trust and Identity in a Small, Post-Socialist, Post-Crisis Society,"
95968, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Bjornskov, Christian & Bogetic, Zeljko & Hillman, Arye L. & Popovic, Milenko, 2014. "Trust and identity in a small, post-socialist, post-crisis society," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6828, The World Bank.
- repec:eee:deveco:v:129:y:2017:i:c:p:29-46 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsTrust; Social capital; Institutions; Insecurity; Crime; Mexico;
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O54 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Latin America; Caribbean
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:poleco:v:32:y:2013:i:c:p:38-55. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505544 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.