Corporate virtue: Treatment of whistle blowers and the punishment of violators
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary S. Becker, 1974. "Crime and Punishment: An Economic Approach," NBER Chapters,in: Essays in the Economics of Crime and Punishment, pages 1-54 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wittman, Donald, 1985. "Counter-intuitive results in game theory," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 77-89.
- Luciano Andreozzi, 2004. "Rewarding Policemen Increases Crime. Another Surprising Result from the Inspection Game," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 121(1), pages 69-82, October.
- Tore Ellingsen, 1997.
"The Evolution of Bargaining Behavior,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 112(2), pages 581-602.
- Ellingsen, Tore, 1995. "The Evolution of Bargaining Behavior," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 61, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Holler, Manfred J, 1993. "Fighting Pollution When Decisions Are Strategic," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 76(4), pages 347-356, August.
- Fudenberg, Drew & Maskin, Eric, 1990. "Evolution and Cooperation in Noisy Repeated Games," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 274-279, May.
- Berentsen, Aleksander & Bruegger, Esther & Loertscher, Simon, 2008. "On cheating, doping and whistleblowing," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 415-436, June.
- Ross Cressman & Jean-Francois Wen & William Morrison, 1998. "On the Evolutionary Dynamics of Crime," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 31(5), pages 1101-1117, November.
- Kolstad, Ivar, 2007. "The evolution of social norms: With managerial implications," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 58-72, February.
- Daniel G. Arce, 2007. "Is Agency Theory Self-Activating?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 45(4), pages 708-720, October.
- Noreen, Eric, 1988. "The economics of ethics: A new perspective on agency theory," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 359-369, June.
- Sandeep Kapur, 2009. "An Economic Model of Whistle-Blower Policy," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(1), pages 157-182, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Heinrich Ursprung, 2012.
"The evolution of sharing rules in rent seeking contests: Incentives crowd out cooperation,"
Springer, vol. 153(1), pages 149-161, October.
- Heinrich Ursprung, 2011. "The Evolution of Sharing Rules in Rent Seeking Contests: Incentives Crowd Out Cooperation," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2011-02, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Daniel Arce, 2015. "Integrity, unprincipled agents and corporate governance reform," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 539-551, June.
More about this item
KeywordsWhistle blowing Inspection game Business ethics Sarbanes-Oxley;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:poleco:v:26:y:2010:i:3:p:363-371. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505544 .