Reforming government: An overview of recent experience
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Agell, Jonas & Lindh, Thomas & Ohlsson, Henry, 1997.
"Growth and the public sector: A critical review essay,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 33-52, February.
- Ohlsson, H. & Agell, J. & Lindh, T., 1995. "Growth and the Public Sector: A Critical Review Essay," Papers 1995-09, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- de Haan, Jakob & Sturm, Jan-Egbert, 1994. "Political and Institutional Determinants of Fiscal Policy in the European Community," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 80(1-2), pages 157-172, July.
- Francesco Giavazzi & Marco Pagano, 1990.
"Can Severe Fiscal Contractions Be Expansionary? Tales of Two Small European Countries,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1990, Volume 5, pages 75-122
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- F. Giavazzi & M. Pagano, 1990. "Can Severe Fiscal Contractions Be Expansionary? Tales of two Small Euopean Countries," Working Papers 89, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Giavazzi, Francesco & Pagano, Marco, 1990. "Can Severe Fiscal Contractions Be Expansionary? Tales of Two Small European Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 417, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Francesco Giavazzi & Marco Pagano, 1990. "Can Severe Fiscal Contractions be Expansionary? Tales of Two Small European Countries," NBER Working Papers 3372, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lewis Evans & Arthur Grimes & Bryce Wilkinson, 1996. "Economic Reform in New Zealand 1984-95: The Pursuit of Efficiency," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(4), pages 1856-1902, December.
- Alan T. Peacock & Jack Wiseman, 1961. "The Growth of Public Expenditure in the United Kingdom," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number peac61-1, January.
- David Robinson & Ranjit S Teja & Yangho Byeon & Wanda S Tseng, 1991. "Thailand; Adjusting to Success: Current Policy Issues," IMF Occasional Papers 85, International Monetary Fund.
- Eijffinger, S. & De Hann, J., 1995.
"The Political Economy of Central Bank Independence,"
9587, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Eijffinger, S-C-W & de Haan, J, 1996. "The Political Economy of Central-Bank Independence," Princeton Studies in International Economics 19, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Peter Moser, 1994. "Constitutional protection of economic rights: The Swiss and U.S. experience in comparison," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 61-79, December.
- Ludger Schuknecht & Vito Tanzi, 1995. "The Growth of Government and the Reform of the State in Industrial Countries," IMF Working Papers 95/130, International Monetary Fund.
- Robert Holzmann, 1997.
"Pension Reform, Financial Market Development, and Economic Growth: Preliminary Evidence from Chile,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 44(2), pages 149-178, June.
- Robert Holzmann, 1996. "Pension Reform, Financial Market Development, and Economic Growth; Preliminary Evidence From Chile," IMF Working Papers 96/94, International Monetary Fund.
- Buchanan, James M, 1985. "The Moral Dimension of Debt Financing," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 23(1), pages 1-6, January.
- Alesina, Alberto & Drazen, Allan, 1991. "Why Are Stabilizations Delayed?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1170-1188, December.
- A. Premchand, 1996. "Issues and New Directions in Public Expenditure Management," IMF Working Papers 96/123, International Monetary Fund.
- Graham C. Scott, 1996. "Government Reform in New Zealand," IMF Occasional Papers 140, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ghate, Chetan & Zak, Paul J., 2002.
"Growth of government and the politics of fiscal policy,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 435-455, December.
- Chetan Ghate & Paul J. Zak, "undated". "Growth of Government And The Politics of Fiscal Policy," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2000-19, Claremont Colleges.
- Günther G. Schulze & Heinrich W. Ursprung, 1999. "Globalisation of the Economy and the Nation State," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(3), pages 295-352, May.
- Fic, Tatiana & Ghate, Chetan, 2005.
"The welfare state, thresholds, and economic growth,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 571-598, May.
- Tatiana Fic & Chetan Ghate, 2004. "The Welfare State, Thresholds, and Economic Growth," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 424, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- repec:eee:poleco:v:48:y:2017:i:c:p:74-90 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schuster, Philipp & Schmitt, Carina & Traub, Stefan, 2013. "The retreat of the state from entrepreneurial activities: A convergence analysis for OECD countries, 1980–2007," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 95-112.
- Luigi, Bernardi & Mar, Chandler, 2004. "Main tax policy issues in the new members of Eu," MPRA Paper 18195, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Massimo Florio, 2001. "On Cross-country Comparability of Government Statistics: Public expenditure trends in OECD National Accounts," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 181-198.
- Luigi, Bernardi, 2003. "Tax systems and tax reforms in Europe: Rationale and open issue for more radical reforms," MPRA Paper 18041, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sanz, Ismael & Velazquez, Francisco J, 2003. "What do OECD countries cut first at a time of fiscal adjustments? A dynamic panel data approach," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt4j744960, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Magazzino, Cosimo & Forte, Francesco, 2010. "Optimal size of government and economic growth in EU-27," MPRA Paper 26669, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vogel, Lukas, 2017. "Structural reforms at the zero bound," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 74-90.
- Krantz, Olle, 2004. "Economic Growth and Economic Policy in Sweden in the 20th Century: A Comparative Perspective," Ratio Working Papers 32, The Ratio Institute.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:poleco:v:13:y:1997:i:3:p:395-417. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505544 .