Options and efficiency in spaces of bounded claims
In a seminal contribution, Ross (1976) showed that a static finite state-space market can be completed by supplementing the primitive securities with ordinary call and put options. Galvani (2009) extends this result to norm separable Lp-spaces, with 1
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Green, Richard C. & Jarrow, Robert A., 1987. "Spanning and completeness in markets with contingent claims," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 202-210, February.
- Baptista, Alexandre M., 2003. "Spanning with American options," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 264-289, June.
- Charalambos D. Aliprantis & Rabee Tourky, 2002.
"Markets That Don'T Replicate Any Option,"
Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
832, The University of Melbourne.
- Robert A. Jarrow & Xing Jin & Dilip B. Madan, 1999. "The Second Fundamental Theorem of Asset Pricing," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 255-273.
- Galvani, Valentina, 2009. "Option spanning with exogenous information structure," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 73-79, January.
- Alexandre M. Baptista, 2005. "Options And Efficiency In Multidate Security Markets," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(4), pages 569-587.
- Nachman, David C., 1987. "Efficient funds for meager asset spaces," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 335-347, December.
- Donald J. Brown & Stephen A. Ross, 1988.
"Spanning, Valuation and Options,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
873, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Arditti, Fred D. & John, Kose, 1980. "Spanning the State Space with Options," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(01), pages 1-9, March.
- Alexandre Baptista, 2007. "On the Non-Existence of Redundant Options," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 31(2), pages 205-212, May.
- Galvani, Valentina, 2007. "Underlying assets for which options complete the market," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 59-66, March.
- Stephen A. Ross, 1976. "Options and Efficiency," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 90(1), pages 75-89.
- Galvani, Valentina, 2007. "A note on spanning with options," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 106-114, July.
- John, Kose, 1984. "Market Resolution and Valuation in Incomplete Markets," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(01), pages 29-44, March.
- Battig, Robert J & Jarrow, Robert A, 1999. "The Second Fundamental Theorem of Asset Pricing: A New Approach," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(5), pages 1219-35.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:46:y:2010:i:4:p:616-619. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.