Option spanning with exogenous information structure
Supplementing a finite state-space static securities market with options written on an injective claim obtains market completeness. This study concludes that options maintain this spanning property in the infinite state-space static securities market models of interest in the extant literature. In addition, underlyers for which options bring about market completeness are shown to be dense.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John, Kose, 1981. "Efficient Funds in a Financial Market with Options: A New Irrelevance Proposition," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(3), pages 685-95, June.
- Nachman, David C., 1987. "Efficient funds for meager asset spaces," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 335-347, December.
- Battig, Robert J & Jarrow, Robert A, 1999. "The Second Fundamental Theorem of Asset Pricing: A New Approach," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(5), pages 1219-35.
- Alexandre M. Baptista, 2005. "Options And Efficiency In Multidate Security Markets," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(4), pages 569-587.
- Green, Richard C. & Jarrow, Robert A., 1987. "Spanning and completeness in markets with contingent claims," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 202-210, February.
- Duan, Jin-Chuan & Moreau, Arthur F. & Sealey, C. W., 1992. "Spanning with Index Options," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(02), pages 303-309, June.
- Brown, Donald J & Ross, Stephen A, 1991.
"Spanning, Valuation and Options,"
Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 3-12, January.
- Ross, Stephen A, 1976. "Options and Efficiency," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 90(1), pages 75-89, February.
- John, Kose, 1984. "Market Resolution and Valuation in Incomplete Markets," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(01), pages 29-44, March.
- Robert A. Jarrow & Xing Jin & Dilip B. Madan, 1999. "The Second Fundamental Theorem of Asset Pricing," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 255-273.
- Breeden, Douglas T & Litzenberger, Robert H, 1978. "Prices of State-contingent Claims Implicit in Option Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(4), pages 621-51, October.
- Arditti, Fred D. & John, Kose, 1980. "Spanning the State Space with Options," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(01), pages 1-9, March.
- Brown, Donald J. & Ross, Stephen, 1983. "Spanning and arbitrage in securities markets with options: A state preference aproach," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 186-186, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:45:y:2009:i:1-2:p:73-79. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.