Subcalculus for set functions and cores of TU games
This paper introduces a subcalculus for general set functions and uses this framework to study the core of TU games. After stating a linearity theorem, we establish several theorems that characterize mea- sure games having finite-dimensional cores. This is a very tractable class of games relevant in many economic applications. Finally, we show that exact games with Þnite dimensional cores are generalized linear production games.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- MONGIN, Philippe, 1993.
"Consistent Bayesian Aggregation,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1993019, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Larry G. Epstein, 1999. "A Definition of Uncertainty Aversion," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(3), pages 579-608.
- Marinacci, Massimo & Montrucchio, Luigi, 2004. "A characterization of the core of convex games through Gateaux derivatives," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 229-248, June.
- Epstein, Larry G. & Marinacci, Massimo, 2001. "The Core of Large Differentiable TU Games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 235-273, October.
- Diego Moreno & Benyamin Shitovitz & Ezra Einy, 1999. "The core of a class of non-atomic games which arise in economic applications," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 28(1), pages 1-14.
- Hart, Sergiu & Neyman, Abraham, 1988. "Values of non-atomic vector measure games : Are they linear combinations of the measures?," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 31-40, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:39:y:2003:i:1-2:p:1-25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.