Smooth infinite economies
Equilibrium conditions in smooth infinite economies with separable utilities are described by Fredholm maps, which are Frechet differentiable. Therefore, Smale's extension of Sard's theorem can be used to studying infinite economies. We study structural and local uniqueness of equilibrium in smooth infinite economies and relate the theory of markets to modern Fredholm theory.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chris Shannon., 1994. "Determinacy in Infinite Horizon Exchange Economies," Economics Working Papers 94-233, University of California at Berkeley.
- Debreu, Gerard, 1970.
"Economies with a Finite Set of Equilibria,"
Econometric Society, vol. 38(3), pages 387-92, May.
- Duffie, Darrell & Epstein, Larry G, 1992. "Stochastic Differential Utility," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(2), pages 353-94, March.
- Duffie, Darrell & Epstein, Larry G, 1992. "Asset Pricing with Stochastic Differential Utility," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 5(3), pages 411-36.
- Duffie, Darrel & Lions, Pierre-Louis, 1992. "PDE solutions of stochastic differential utility," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 577-606.
- Bewley, Truman F., 1972. "Existence of equilibria in economies with infinitely many commodities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 514-540, June.
- Duffie, J Darrell & Huang, Chi-fu, 1985. "Implementing Arrow-Debreu Equilibria by Continuous Trading of Few Long-lived Securities," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1337-56, November.
- Chichilnisky, Graciela, 1977. "Nonlinear functional analysis and optimal economic growth," MPRA Paper 7990, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Timothy J. Kehoe & David K. Levine & Andreu Mas-Colell & William Zame, 1989. "Determinacy of Equilibrium in Large Square Economies," Levine's Working Paper Archive 46, David K. Levine.
- Huang, Chi-fu, 1987. "An Intertemporal General Equilibrium Asset Pricing Model: The Case of Diffusion Information," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 117-42, January.
- Balasko, Yves, 1975. "The Graph of the Walras Correspondence," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(5-6), pages 907-12, Sept.-Nov.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:29:y:1998:i:1:p:27-42. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.