The equilibrium set of infinite dimensional Walrasian economies and the natural projection
The natural projection plays a fundamental role to understand the behavior of the Walrasian economies. In this paper, we extend this method to analyze the behavior of infinite dimensional economies. We introduce the definition of the social equilibrium set, and we show that there exists a bijection between this set and the Walrasian equilibrium set of an infinite dimensional economy. In order to describe the main topological characteristics of both sets, we analyze the main differential characteristics of the excess utility function and then, we extend the method of the natural projection as suggested by Y. Balasko.
Volume (Year): 49 (2013)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jmateco|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chris Shannon & William R. Zame, 2002.
"Quadratic Concavity and Determinacy of Equilibrium,"
Econometric Society, vol. 70(2), pages 631-662, March.
- Chris Shannon and William R. Zame., 1999. "Quadratic Concavity and Determinacy of Equilibrium," Economics Working Papers E99-271, University of California at Berkeley.
- Shannon, Chris & Zame, William R., 1999. "Quadratic Concavity and Determinacy of Equilibrium," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt3fv586x6, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Chris Shannon & William R. Zame, 2000. "Quadratic Concavity and Determinacy of Equilibrium," GE, Growth, Math methods 9912001, EconWPA.
- Debreu, Gerard, 1970. "Economies with a Finite Set of Equilibria," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 38(3), pages 387-392, May.
- DEBREU, Gérard, "undated". "Economies with a finite set of equilibria," CORE Discussion Papers RP 67, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Elvio ACCINELLI & Puchet MARTIN, "undated". "A Classification Of Infinity Dimensional Walrasian Economies," EcoMod2005 280900000, EcoMod.
- Edward C. Prescott & Rajnish Mehra, 2005. "Recursive Competitive Equilibrium: The Case Of Homogeneous Households," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 11, pages 357-371 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Prescott, Edward C & Mehra, Rajnish, 1980. "Recursive Competitive Equilibrium: The Case of Homogeneous Households," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(6), pages 1365-1379, September.
- Araujo A. & Monteiro P. K., 1994. "The General Existence of Extended Price Equilibria with Infinitely Many Commodities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 408-416, August.
- Chichilnisky, Graciela & Zhou, Yuqing, 1998. "Smooth infinite economies," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 27-42, January.
- Araujo, Aloisio, 1985. "Lack of Pareto Optimal Allocations in Economies with Infinitely Many Commodities: The Need for Impatience," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 455-461, March.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Zame, William R., 1991. "Equilibrium theory in infinite dimensional spaces," Handbook of Mathematical Economics,in: W. Hildenbrand & H. Sonnenschein (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 34, pages 1835-1898 Elsevier. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)