Lack of Pareto Optimal Allocations in Economies with Infinitely Many Commodities: The Need for Impatience
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nabil I. Al-Najjar & Jonathan Weinstein, 2008. "Comparative Testing of Experts," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 76(3), pages 541-559, May.
- Lovell, Michael C, 1986. "Tests of the Rational Expectations Hypothesis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(1), pages 110-124, March.
- LeRoy, Stephen F & Singell, Larry D, Jr, 1987. "Knight on Risk and Uncertainty," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(2), pages 394-406, April.
- Ottaviani, Marco & Sorensen, Peter Norman, 2006.
"The strategy of professional forecasting,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 441-466, August.
- Marco Ottaviani & Peter Norman Sorensen, 2001. "The Strategy of Professional Forecasting," Discussion Papers 01-09, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Marco Ottaviani & Peter Norman Sørensen, 2004. "The Strategy of Professional Forecasting," FRU Working Papers 2004/05, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Finance Research Unit.
- Fudenberg, Drew & Levine, David K., 1999. "An Easier Way to Calibrate," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 29(1-2), pages 131-137, October.
- Trueman, Brett, 1988. " A Theory of Noise Trading in Securities Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(1), pages 83-95, March.
- Morgan, John & Stocken, Phillip C, 2003. " An Analysis of Stock Recommendations," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 34(1), pages 183-203, Spring.
- Michael P. Keane & David E. Runkle, 1998. "Are Financial Analysts' Forecasts of Corporate Profits Rational?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(4), pages 768-805, August.
- Alvaro Sandroni, 2003. "The reproducible properties of correct forecasts," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 32(1), pages 151-159, December.
- Eddie Dekel & Yossi Feinberg, 2006. "Non-Bayesian Testing of a Stochastic Prediction," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 73(4), pages 893-906.
- Wojciech Olszewski & Alvaro Sandroni, 2006. "Strategic Manipulation of Empirical Tests," Discussion Papers 1425, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- P. Frevert, 1971. "Note," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(2), pages 269-270.
- Vladimir Vovk & Glenn Shafer, 2005. "Good randomized sequential probability forecasting is always possible," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 67(5), pages 747-763.
- Keane, Michael P & Runkle, David E, 1990. "Testing the Rationality of Price Forecasts: New Evidence from Panel Data," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(4), pages 714-735, September.
- David Laster & Paul Bennett & In Sun Geoum, 1999. "Rational Bias in Macroeconomic Forecasts," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(1), pages 293-318.
- Alvaro Sandroni & Wojciech Olszewski, 2008. "Falsifiability," PIER Working Paper Archive 08-016, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Gilboa, Itzhak & Schmeidler, David, 1989. "Maxmin expected utility with non-unique prior," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 141-153, April.
- Sandroni, Alvaro & Olszewski, Wojciech, 2007. "Contracts and uncertainty," Theoretical Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 2(1), pages 1-13, March.
- Shmaya, Eran, 2008. "Many inspections are manipulable," Theoretical Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 3(3), September.
- Yossi Feinberg & Colin Stewart, 2008. "Testing Multiple Forecasters," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 76(3), pages 561-582, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-01224491 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tarek Coury & Emanuela Sciubba, 2012.
"Belief heterogeneity and survival in incomplete markets,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 49(1), pages 37-58, January.
- Tarek Coury & Emanuela Sciubba, 2006. "Belief Heterogeneity and Survival in Incomplete Markets," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 0613, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Hervés-Beloso, Carlos & Moreno-Garcia, Emma, 2008. "Competitive equilibria and the grand coalition," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(7-8), pages 697-706, July.
- repec:eee:mateco:v:73:y:2017:i:c:p:1-12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Herves-Beloso, Carlos & Moreno-Garcia, Emma & Nunez-Sanz, Carmelo & Rui Pascoa, Mario, 2000. "Blocking Efficacy of Small Coalitions in Myopic Economies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 72-86, July.
- Aloisio Araujo & Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Alain Chateauneuf & Rodrigo Novinski, 2017.
"Optimal sharing with an infinite number of commodities in the presence of optimistic and pessimistic agents,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 63(1), pages 131-157, January.
- Aloisio Araujo & Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Alain Chateauneuf & Rodrigo Novinski, 2017. "Optimal sharing with an infinite number of commodities in the presence of optimistic and pessimistic agents," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01336882, HAL.
- Araujo, Aloisio & Novinski, Rodrigo & Páscoa, Mário R., 2011. "General equilibrium, wariness and efficient bubbles," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 146(3), pages 785-811, May.
- Basile, Achille & Graziano, Maria Gabriella & Papadaki, Maria & Polyrakis, Ioannis A., 2017. "Cones with semi-interior points and equilibrium," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 36-48.
- Burke, Jonathan L., 2009. "Quasi equilibria for growth economies," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 105(3), pages 197-199, December.
- Chateauneuf, Alain & Ventura, Caroline, 2013. "G-continuity, impatience and myopia for Choquet multi-period utilities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 97-105.
- Burke, Jonathan L., 2000. "General Equilibrium When Economic Growth Exceeds Discounting," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 141-162, October.
- Charalambos Aliprantis & Rabee Tourky, 2009.
"Equilibria in incomplete assets economies with infinite dimensional spot markets,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), pages 221-262.
- Aliprantis, C. D. & Tourky, Rabee, 2004. "Equilibria in Incomplete Assets Economies with Infinite Dimensional Spot Markets," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1169, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- repec:spr:etbull:v:2:y:2014:i:2:d:10.1007_s40505-014-0044-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Accinelli, Elvio, 2013. "The equilibrium set of infinite dimensional Walrasian economies and the natural projection," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(6), pages 435-440.
- Bhowmik, Anuj & Cao, Jiling, 2013. "Robust efficiency in mixed economies with asymmetric information," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 49-57.
- Pivato, Marcus, 2008. "Sustainable preferences via nondiscounted, hyperreal intergenerational welfare functions," MPRA Paper 7461, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Urmee Khan & Maxwell B Stinchcombe, 2016. "Planning for the Long Run: Programming with Patient, Pareto Responsive Preferences," Working Papers 201608, University of California at Riverside, Department of Economics.
- Eveson, Simon P. & Thijssen, Jacco J.J., 2016. "Pareto optimality and existence of quasi-equilibrium in exchange economies with an indefinite future," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 138-152.
- Juan Candeal & Juan De Miguel & Esteban Induráin, 2002. "Expected utility from additive utility on semigroups," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 53(1), pages 87-94, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecm:emetrp:v:53:y:1985:i:2:p:455-61. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/essssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.