Regularity And Stability Of Equilibria In An Overlapping Generations Growth Model
In an exogenous-growth economy with overlapping generations we analyse local stability of a balanced growth equilibrium with respect to changes in consumption endowments, which could be interpreted as a transfer policy. We show that generically, in the space of parameters, equilibria around BGE are locally unique and are locally differentiable functions of endowments, with derivatives given by kernels. Further, those equilibria are stable in the sense that the effects of temporary changes decay exponentially towards plus and minus infinity.
|Date of creation:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 199 Aba Khoushy Ave., Mount Carmel, Haifa, Israel, 3498838|
Web page: http://hevra.haifa.ac.il/econ/index.php/en/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hippolyte d'Albis & Emmanuelle Augeraud-véron, 2009.
"Competitive Growth In A Life-Cycle Model: Existence And Dynamics,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 50(2), pages 459-484, 05.
- Hippolyte d'Albis & Emmanuelle Augeraud-Veron, 2004. "Competitive growth in a life-cycle model : existence and dynamics," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques v04016, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Hippolyte D'Albis & Emmanuelle Augeraud-Véron, 2009. "Competitive Growth in a Life-cycle Model: Existence and Dynamics," Post-Print hal-00630459, HAL.
- D'ALBIS Hippolyte & AUGERAUD-VERON Emmannuelle, 2007. "Competitive Growth in a Life-cycle Model: Existence and Dynamics," LERNA Working Papers 07.19.240, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1958. "An Exact Consumption-Loan Model of Interest with or without the Social Contrivance of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 467-467.
- Burke, Jonathan L., 1990. "A benchmark for comparative dynamics and determinacy in overlapping-generations economies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 268-303, December.
- Muller, Walter III & Woodford, Michael, 1988. "Determinacy of equilibrium in stationary economies with both finite and infinite lived consumers," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 255-290, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:haf:huedwp:wp201402. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna Rubinchik)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.