Co-managing public research in Australian fisheries through convergence–divergence processes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Éva E Plagányi & Ingrid van Putten & Olivier Thébaud & Alistair J Hobday & James Innes & Lilly Lim-Camacho & Ana Norman-López & Rodrigo H Bustamante & Anna Farmery & Aysha Fleming & Stewart Frusher & , 2014. "A Quantitative Metric to Identify Critical Elements within Seafood Supply Networks," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 9(3), pages 1-15, March.
- Gourguet, S. & Thébaud, O. & Dichmont, C. & Jennings, S. & Little, L.R. & Pascoe, S. & Deng, R.A. & Doyen, L., 2014.
"Risk versus economic performance in a mixed fishery,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 110-120.
- Luc Doyen & R. A Deng & C. M. Dichmont & Sophie Gourguet & S. Jennings & L. Richard Little & S. Pascoe & Olivier Thébaud, 2014. "Risk versus Economic Performance in a Mixed Fishery," Post-Print hal-01134866, HAL.
- Dowling, N.A. & Dichmont, C.M. & Venables, W. & Smith, A.D.M. & Smith, D.C. & Power, D. & Galeano, D., 2013. "From low- to high-value fisheries: Is it possible to quantify the trade-off between management cost, risk and catch?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 41-52.
- Cees Leeuwis, 2000. "Reconceptualizing Participation for Sustainable Rural Development: Towards a Negotiation Approach," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 31(5), pages 931-959, November.
- Andreas Neef & Dieter Neubert, 2011. "Stakeholder participation in agricultural research projects: a conceptual framework for reflection and decision-making," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 28(2), pages 179-194, June.
- Pomeroy, Robert S & Berkes, Fikret, 1997. "Two to tango: The role of government in fisheries co-management," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 465-480, September.
- Dentoni, Domenico & Lu, Jianyong & English, Francis & McBride, Rebecca, 2012. "Driving a Fishery along the Bumpy Ride of Today’s Globalization: The Case of the Australian Southern Rock Lobster Association," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 15(4), pages 1-20, November.
- John Humphrey & Hubert Schmitz, 2002. "How does insertion in global value chains affect upgrading in industrial clusters?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(9), pages 1017-1027.
- Schumann, Sarah, 2010. "Application of participatory principles to investigation of the natural world: An example from Chile," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1196-1202, November.
- Mahon, Robin & McConney, Patrick & Roy, Rathindra N., 2008. "Governing fisheries as complex adaptive systems," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 104-112, January.
- Scholz, Astrid & Bonzon, Kate & Fujita, Rod & Benjamin, Natasha & Woodling, Nicole & Black, Peter & Steinback, Charles, 2004. "Participatory socioeconomic analysis: drawing on fishermen's knowledge for marine protected area planning in California," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 335-349, July.
- Jentoft, Svein, 1989. "Fisheries co-management , : Delegating government responsibility to fishermen's organizations," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 137-154, April.
- Dentoni, Domenico & English, Francis & Schwarz, Daniela, 2014. "The Impact of Public R&D on Marketing and Supply Chains on Small Farms’ Market Sensing Capability: Evidence from the Australian Seafood Industry," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 17(1), pages 1-22, February.
- Stelzenmüller, Vanessa & Lee, Janette & South, Andy & Foden, Jo & Rogers, Stuart I., 2013. "Practical tools to support marine spatial planning: A review and some prototype tools," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 214-227.
- Laurens Klerkx & Cees Leeuwis, 2008. "Delegation of authority in research funding to networks: Experiences with a multiple goal boundary organization," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(3), pages 183-196, April.
- Sam Garrett-Jones, 2011. "Cross-sector research collaboration in Australia: the Cooperative Research Centres Program at the crossroads," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(2), pages 87-97, March.
- Kraan, Marloes & Hendriksen, Astrid & van Hoof, Luc & van Leeuwen, Judith & Jouanneau, Charlène, 2014. "How to dance? The tango of stakeholder involvement in marine governance research," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(PB), pages 347-352.
- Doloreux, David & Melançon, Yannik, 2009. "Innovation-support organizations in the marine science and technology industry: The case of Quebec's coastal region in Canada," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 90-100, January.
- Dichmont, Catherine Mary & Pascoe, Sean & Jebreen, Edward & Pears, Rachel & Brooks, Kate & Perez, Pascal, 2013. "Choosing a fishery’s governance structure using data poor methods," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 123-131.
- Linke, Sebastian & Jentoft, Svein, 2014. "Exploring the phronetic dimension of stakeholders' knowledge in EU fisheries governance," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 153-161.
- Mackinson, S. & Wilson, D.C. & Galiay, P. & Deas, B., 2011. "Engaging stakeholders in fisheries and marine research," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 18-24, January.
- Aswani, Shankar & Christie, Patrick & Muthiga, Nyawira A. & Mahon, Robin & Primavera, Jurgenne H. & Cramer, Lori A. & Barbier, Edward B. & Granek, Elise F. & Kennedy, Chris J. & Wolanski, Eric & Hacke, 2012. "The way forward with ecosystem-based management in tropical contexts: Reconciling with existing management systems," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 1-10, January.
- Coglan, Louisa & Pascoe, Sean, 2015. "Corporate-cooperative management of fisheries: A potential alternative governance structure for low value small fisheries?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 27-35.
- Röckmann, Christine & Ulrich, Clara & Dreyer, Marion & Bell, Ewen & Borodzicz, Edward & Haapasaari, Päivi & Hauge, Kjellrun Hiis & Howell, Daniel & Mäntyniemi, Samu & Miller, David & Tserpes, George &, 2012. "The added value of participatory modelling in fisheries management – what has been learnt?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1072-1085.
- Dima Jamali & Ben Neville, 2011. "Convergence Versus Divergence of CSR in Developing Countries: An Embedded Multi-Layered Institutional Lens," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 102(4), pages 599-621, September.
- Fanning, Lucia & Mahon, Robin & McConney, Patrick & Angulo, Jorge & Burrows, Felicity & Chakalall, Bisessar & Gil, Diego & Haughton, Milton & Heileman, Sherry & Martínez, Sergio & Ostine, L'ouverture , 2007. "A large marine ecosystem governance framework," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 434-443, July.
- Magnus Gulbrandsen, 2011. "Research institutes as hybrid organizations: central challenges to their legitimacy," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 44(3), pages 215-230, September.
- Marc Schut & Annemarie van Paassen & Cees Leeuwis & Laurens Klerkx, 2014. "Towards dynamic research configurations: A framework for reflection on the contribution of research to policy and innovation processes," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(2), pages 207-218.
- Mellado, Tiscar & Brochier, Timothée & Timor, Julien & Vitancurt, Javier, 2014. "Use of local knowledge in marine protected area management," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 390-396.
- Kaplan, Ilene M. & McCay, Bonnie J., 2004. "Cooperative research, co-management and the social dimension of fisheries science and management," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 257-258, May.
- Wiber, Melanie & Berkes, Fikret & Charles, Anthony & Kearney, John, 2004. "Participatory research supporting community-based fishery management," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 459-468, November.
- Brooks, Kate & Schirmer, Jacki & Pascoe, Sean & Triantafillos, Lianos & Jebreen, Eddie & Cannard, Toni & Dichmont, Cathy M., 2015. "Selecting and assessing social objectives for Australian fisheries management," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 111-122.
- Roelofsen, Anneloes & Boon, Wouter P.C. & Kloet, Roy R. & Broerse, Jacqueline E.W., 2011. "Stakeholder interaction within research consortia on emerging technologies: Learning how and what?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 341-354, April.
- Klerkx, Laurens & Leeuwis, Cees, 2008. "Institutionalizing end-user demand steering in agricultural R&D: Farmer levy funding of R&D in The Netherlands," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 460-472, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peter Weißhuhn & Katharina Helming & Johanna Ferretti, 2018. "Research impact assessment in agriculture—A review of approaches and impact areas," Research Evaluation, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(1), pages 36-42.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ingram, Julie & Dwyer, Janet & Gaskell, Peter & Mills, Jane & Wolf, Pieter de, 2018. "Reconceptualising translation in agricultural innovation: A co-translation approach to bring research knowledge and practice closer together," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 38-51.
- Hermans, Frans & Sartas, Murat & van Schagen, Boudy & van Asten, Piet & Schut, Marc, 2017. "Social network analysis of multi-stakeholder platforms in agricultural research for development: Opportunities and constraints for innovation and scaling," EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 1-21.
- Tim S. Gray & Thomas L. Catchpole, 2021. "The Relation between Fisheries–Science Partnerships and Co-Management: A Case Study of EU Discards Survival Work," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(6), pages 1-19, March.
- Guanais, José Hugo Gondim & Medeiros, Rodrigo Pereira & McConney, Patrick A., 2015. "Designing a framework for addressing bycatch problems in Brazilian small-scale trawl fisheries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 111-118.
- Schut, Marc & van Asten, Piet & Okafor, Chris & Hicintuka, Cyrille & Mapatano, Sylvain & Nabahungu, Nsharwasi Léon & Kagabo, Desire & Muchunguzi, Perez & Njukwe, Emmanuel & Dontsop-Nguezet, Paul M. & , 2016. "Sustainable intensification of agricultural systems in the Central African Highlands: The need for institutional innovation," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 165-176.
- Mohammad Mojibul Hoque Mozumder & Aili Pyhälä & Md. Abdul Wahab & Simo Sarkki & Petra Schneider & Mohammad Mahmudul Islam, 2020. "Governance and Power Dynamics in a Small-Scale Hilsa Shad ( Tenualosa ilisha ) Fishery: A Case Study from Bangladesh," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(14), pages 1-24, July.
- Barbara Quimby & Arielle Levine, 2018. "Participation, Power, and Equity: Examining Three Key Social Dimensions of Fisheries Comanagement," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(9), pages 1-20, September.
- Asproudis, Elias & Filippiadis, Eleftherios, 2021. "Bargaining for Community Fishing Quotas," MPRA Paper 107409, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Matias Ramirez & Ian Clarke & Laurens Klerkx, 2018.
"Analysing intermediary organisations and their influence on upgrading in emerging agricultural clusters,"
Environment and Planning A, , vol. 50(6), pages 1314-1335, September.
- Ramirez, Matias & Clarke, Ian & Klerkx, Laurens, 2017. "Analysing intermediary organisations and their influence on upgrading in emerging agricultural clusters," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 19912, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Wehner, Nicholas & Mackay, Mary & Jennings, Sarah & van Putten, E.I. & Sibly, Hugh & Yamazaki, Satoshi, 2018. "When push comes to shove in recreational ﬁshing compliance, think ‘nudge’," MarXiv 2fyuc, Center for Open Science.
- Clay, Patricia M. & Kitts, Andrew & Pinto da Silva, Patricia, 2014. "Measuring the social and economic performance of catch share programs: Definition of metrics and application to the U.S. Northeast Region groundfish fishery," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 27-36.
- Verónica Borbolla-Pérez & Lourdes Georgina Iglesias-Andreu & Mauricio Luna-Rodríguez & Pablo Octavio-Aguilar, 2017. "Perceptions regarding the challenges and constraints faced by smallholder farmers of vanilla in Mexico," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 19(6), pages 2421-2441, December.
- Laurens Klerkx & Andy Hall & Cees Leeuwis, 2009.
"Strengthening agricultural innovation capacity: are innovation brokers the answer?,"
International Journal of Agricultural Resources, Governance and Ecology, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 8(5/6), pages 409-438.
- Klerkx, Laurens & Hall, Andy & Leeuwis, Cees, 2009. "Strengthening Agricultural Innovation Capacity: Are Innovation Brokers the Answer?," MERIT Working Papers 2009-019, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Omid Omidvar & Roman Kislov, 2016. "R&D Consortia As Boundary Organisations: Misalignment And Asymmetry Of Boundary Management," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 20(02), pages 1-24, February.
- Röckmann, Christine & van Leeuwen, Judith & Goldsborough, David & Kraan, Marloes & Piet, Gerjan, 2015. "The interaction triangle as a tool for understanding stakeholder interactions in marine ecosystem based management," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 155-162.
- Ornella W. Maietta & Cristian Barra & Roberto Zotti, 2017.
"Innovation and University-Firm R&D Collaboration in the European Food and Drink Industry,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(3), pages 749-780, September.
- Cristian Barra & Ornella Wanda Maietta & Roberto Zotti, 2016. "Innovation and University-Firm R&D Collaboration in the European Food and Drink Industry," CSEF Working Papers 447, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Srinivasan, M.S. & Jongmans, C. & Bewsell, D. & Elley, G., 2019. "Research idea to science for impact: Tracing the significant moments in an innovation based irrigation study," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 212(C), pages 181-192.
- Arnott, James C., 2021. "Pens and purse strings: Exploring the opportunities and limits to funding actionable sustainability science," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(10).
- Fabrizio D’Ascenzo & Andrea Rocchi & Stefano Cerioni & Gaetano Zarlenga & Nicolò Passeri & Francesco Piacentini & Cristina Lo Fazio & Cristina Gerardis & Clara Cicatiello, 2022. "Conveying environmental information to fishers: a smartphone application on marine protected areas," Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences, Springer;Association of Environmental Studies and Sciences, vol. 12(3), pages 453-465, September.
- Ton, Giel & Klerkx, Laurens & de Grip, Karin & Rau, Marie-Luise, 2015. "Innovation grants to smallholder farmers: Revisiting the key assumptions in the impact pathways," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 9-23.
More about this item
KeywordsParticipatory research; Co-management; Ecosystem-based approach; Convergence; Divergence; Innovation; Australia;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:marpol:v:60:y:2015:i:c:p:259-271. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/marpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/marpol .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.