Convergence Versus Divergence of CSR in Developing Countries: An Embedded Multi-Layered Institutional Lens
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David A Ralston, 2008. "The crossvergence perspective: reflections and projections," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 39(1), pages 27-40, January.
- Ralston, David A. & Pounder, James & Lo, Carlos W. H. & Wong, Yim-Yu & Egri, Carolyn P. & Stauffer, Joseph, 2006. "Stability and Change in Managerial Work Values: A Longitudinal Study of China, Hong Kong, and the U.S," Management and Organization Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(01), pages 67-94, March.
- Brammer, Stephen J. & Pavelin, Stephen & Porter, Lynda A., 2006. "Corporate social performance and geographical diversification," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(9), pages 1025-1034, September.
- Alfred D. Chandler, 1969. "Strategy and Structure: Chapters in the History of the American Industrial Enterprise," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262530090, January.
- Hall, Peter A. & Soskice, David (ed.), 2001. "Varieties of Capitalism: The Institutional Foundations of Comparative Advantage," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199247752.
- Klaus E Meyer, 2004. "Perspectives on multinational enterprises in emerging economies," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 35(4), pages 259-276, July.
- Dima Jamali & Ramez Mirshak, 2007. "Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR): Theory and Practice in a Developing Country Context," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 72(3), pages 243-262, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:142:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2737-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ebrahim Soltani & Jawad Syed & Ying-Ying Liao & Abdullah Iqbal, 2015. "Managerial Mindsets Toward Corporate Social Responsibility: The Case of Auto Industry in Iran," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 129(4), pages 795-810, July.
- Rahul Mitra, 2012. "“My Country’s Future”: A Culture-Centered Interrogation of Corporate Social Responsibility in India," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 106(2), pages 131-147, March.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:11:p:1992-:d:117103 is not listed on IDEAS
- Angie Ngoc Tran & Søren Jeppesen, 2016. "SMEs in their Own Right: The Views of Managers and Workers in Vietnamese Textiles, Garment, and Footwear Companies," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 137(3), pages 589-608, September.
- Halkos, George & Skouloudis, Antonios, 2016. "Corporate responsibility and national institutions: A quantitative assessment," MPRA Paper 70210, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:3:p:698-:d:134725 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth Amaeshi & Emmanuel Adegbite & Tazeeb Rajwani, 2016. "Corporate Social Responsibility in Challenging and Non-enabling Institutional Contexts: Do Institutional Voids matter?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 134(1), pages 135-153, March.
- Dentoni, Domenico & Klerkx, Laurens, 2015. "Co-managing public research in Australian fisheries through convergence–divergence processes," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 259-271.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:143:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2791-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Skouloudis, Antonis, 2014. "Revisiting the national corporate social responsibility index," MPRA Paper 64864, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:worbus:v:53:y:2018:i:2:p:263-279 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:143:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2804-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dayna Simpson & Damien Power & Robert Klassen, 2012. "When One Size Does Not Fit All: A Problem of Fit Rather than Failure for Voluntary Management Standards," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 110(1), pages 85-95, September.
- Dan Caprar & Benjamin Neville, 2012. "“Norming” and “Conforming”: Integrating Cultural and Institutional Explanations for Sustainability Adoption in Business," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 110(2), pages 231-245, October.
- Jamali, Dima & Karam, Charlotte & Yin, Juelin & Soundararajan, Vivek, 2017. "CSR logics in developing countries: Translation, adaptation and stalled development," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 343-359.
- Suzanne Young & Vijaya Thyil, 2014. "Corporate Social Responsibility and Corporate Governance: Role of Context in International Settings," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 122(1), pages 1-24, June.
- John Parnell & Gregory Scott & Georgios Angelopoulos, 2013. "Benchmarking Tendencies in Managerial Mindsets: Prioritizing Stockholders and Stakeholders in Peru, South Africa, and the United States," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 118(3), pages 589-605, December.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:143:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10551-016-3074-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:worbus:v:52:y:2017:i:5:p:591-614 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mohammad Nurunnabi, 2016. "Who cares about climate change reporting in developing countries? The market response to, and corporate accountability for, climate change in Bangladesh," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 157-186, February.
- Halkos, George & Skouloudis, Antonis, 2016. "Cultural dimensions and corporate social responsibility: A cross-country analysis," MPRA Paper 69222, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Ralston & Carolyn Egri & Charlotte Karam & Irina Naoumova & Narasimhan Srinivasan & Tania Casado & Yongjuan Li & Ruth Alas, 2015. "The triple-bottom-line of corporate responsibility: Assessing the attitudes of present and future business professionals across the BRICs," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 145-179, March.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:10:p:1821-:d:114571 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordscorporate social responsibility (CSR); institutional theory; convergence; divergence; multinational corporations (MNCs); small and medium enterprises (SMEs); developing countries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:102:y:2011:i:4:p:599-621. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.