Are women overqualified
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cabral, Robert & Ferber, Marianne A & Green, Carole A, 1981. "Men and Women in Fiduciary Institutions: A Study of Sex Differences in Career Development," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 63(4), pages 573-580, November.
- van Ours, Jan & Ridder, Geert, 1991. "Job requirements and the recruitment of new employees," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 213-218, June.
- Cox, Donald, 1984. "Panel Estimates of the Effects of Career Interruptions on the Earnings of Women," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(3), pages 386-403, July.
- Borjas, George J, 1978.
"Discrimination in HEW: Is the Doctor Sick or Are the Patients Healthy?,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(1), pages 97-110, April.
- George Borjas, 1978. "Discrimination in HEW: Is the Doctor Sick or Are the Patients Healthy?," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 3, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Goldin, Claudia & Polachek, Solomon, 1987. "Residual Differences by Sex: Perspectives on the Gender Gap in Earnings," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(2), pages 143-151, May.
- Polachek, Solomon William, 1981. "Occupational Self-Selection: A Human Capital Approach to Sex Differences in Occupational Structure," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 63(1), pages 60-69, February.
- Renes, Gusta & Hagenaars, Aldi, 1989. "The perceived distribution of job characteristics," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 845-862, April.
- Jarque, Carlos M. & Bera, Anil K., 1982. "Efficient specification tests for limited dependent variable models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 153-160.
- Blau, Francine D & Ferber, Marianne A, 1987. "Discrimination: Empirical Evidence from the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(2), pages 316-320, May.
- Arabmazar, Abbas & Schmidt, Peter, 1981. "Further evidence on the robustness of the Tobit estimator to heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 253-258, November.
- Conway, Delores A & Roberts, Harry V, 1983. "Reverse Regression, Fairness, and Employment Discrimination," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 1(1), pages 75-85, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lommerud, K.E. & Vagstad, S., 2000.
"Mommy Tracks and Public Policy: On Self-Fulfilling Prophecies and Gender Gaps in Promotion,"
Norway; Department of Economics, University of Bergen
0600, Department of Economics, University of Bergen.
- Kjell Erik Lommerud & Odd Rune Straume & Steinar Vagstad, 2013. "Mommy tracks and public policy: On self-fulfilling prophecies and gender gaps in promotion," NIPE Working Papers 5/2013, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Lommerud, Kjell Erik & Vagstad, Steinar, 2006.
"Mommy tracks and public policy: on self-fulfilling prophecies and gender gaps in promotion
[Selbsterfüllende Prophezeiungen und geschlechtsspezifische Karrieremöglichkeiten]," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance SP II 2006-10, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Lommerud, Kjell Erik & Vagstad, Steinar, 2000. "Mommy Tracks and Public Policy: On Self-Fulfilling Prophecies and Gender Gaps in Promotion," CEPR Discussion Papers 2378, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dieter Verhaest & Eddy Omey, 2010.
"The determinants of overeducation: different measures, different outcomes?,"
International Journal of Manpower,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 31(6), pages 608-625, September.
- D. Verhaest & E. Omey, 2009. "The Determinants of Overeducation: Different Measures, Different Outcomes?," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 09/592, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Teyssiere, Gilles, 1995. "Matching processes in the labour market an econometric study," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 421-435, December.
- Lommerud, Kjell Erik & Straume, Odd Rune & Vagstad, Steinar, 2015. "Mommy tracks and public policy: On self-fulfilling prophecies and gender gaps in hiring and promotion," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 540-554.
- D. Verhaest & E. Omey, 2004. "What determines measured overeducation?," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 04/216, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Stephen Pudney & Michael Shields, 2000.
"Gender, race, pay and promotion in the British nursing profession: estimation of a generalized ordered probit model,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 367-399.
- Stephen Pudney & Michael Shields, "undated". "Gender, Race, Pay and Promotion in the British Nursing Profession Estimation of a Generalised Ordered ProbitModel," Discussion Papers in Economics 97/4, Division of Economics, School of Business, University of Leicester.
- Stephen Pudney & Michael Shields, "undated". "Gender, Race, Pay and Promotion in the British Nursing Profession: Estimation of a Generalised Ordered Probit Model," Discussion Papers in Public Sector Economics 97/4, Division of Economics, School of Business, University of Leicester.
- Russo, Giovanni & van Ommeren, Jos N, 1998. "Gender Differences in Recruitment Outcomes," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 155-166, April.
- Pfeifer, Christian & Sohr, Tatjana, 2008. "Analysing the Gender Wage Gap Using Personnel Records of a Large German Company," IZA Discussion Papers 3533, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Frijters, P., 1998. "Discrimination and job-uncertainty," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 433-446, September.
- Verhaest Dieter & Velden Rolf van der, 2010. "Cross-country differences in graduate overeducation and its persistence," ROA Research Memorandum 007, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Christian Pfeifer, 2011. "Handicaps in Job Assignment: Insiders, Outsiders and Gender," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 1-20, March.
- Verhaest, Dieter & Schatteman, Tom, 2010. "Overeducation in the early career: an analysis using sequence techniques," Working Papers 2010/09, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:labeco:v:2:y:1995:i:1:p:3-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/labeco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.