Economic regulation of quality in electricity distribution networks
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fraser, Rob, 1994.
"Price, quality and regulation : An analysis of price capping and the reliability of electricity supply,"
Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 175-183, July.
- Fraser, Rob, 1994. "Price, Quality, and Regulation: An Analysis of Price-Capping and the Reliability of Electricity Supply," 1994 Conference (38th), February 8-10, 1994, Wellington, New Zealand 148211, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Sappington, David E. M. & Weisman, Dennis L., 1996. "Revenue sharing in incentive regulation plans," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 229-248, September.
- Sappington, David E M & Sibley, David S, 1988. "Regulating without Cost Information: The Incremental Surplus Subsidy Scheme," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 29(2), pages 297-306, May.
- Alexander, Barbara R., 1996. "How to construct a service quality index in performance-based ratemaking," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 46-53, April.
- William J. Baumol & Alvin K. Klevorick, 1970. "Input Choices and Rate-of Return Regulation: An Overview of the Discussion," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 1(2), pages 162-190, Autumn.
- Sheshinski, Eytan, 1976. "Price, Quality and Quantity Regulation in Monopoly Situations," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 43(17), pages 127-137, May.
- Baron, David P & Myerson, Roger B, 1982. "Regulating a Monopolist with Unknown Costs," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 911-930, July.
- Caves, Douglas W & Herriges, Joseph A & Windle, Robert J, 1990.
"Customer Demand for Service Reliability in the Electric Power Industry: A Synthesis of the Outage Cost Literature,"
Bulletin of Economic Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 79-119, April.
- Herriges, Joseph A. & Caves, Douglas W. & Windle, R. J., 1990. "Customer Demand for Service Reliability in the Electric Power Industry: A Synthesis of the Outage Cost Literature," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10790, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Loeb, Martin & Magat, Wesley A, 1979. "A Decentralized Method for Utility Regulation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(2), pages 399-404, October.
- Sappington, David E. M. & Pfeifenberger, Johannes P. & Hanser, Philip & Basheda, Gregory N., 2001. "The State of Performance-Based Regulation in the U.S. Electric Utility Industry," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(8), pages 71-79, October.
- Sanghvi, Arun P., 1982. "Economic costs of electricity supply interruptions : US and foreign experience," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 180-198, July.
- Roycroft, Trevor R. & Garcia-Murrilo, Martha, 2000. "Trouble reports as an indicator of service quality: the influence of competition, technology, and regulation," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(10-11), pages 947-967, November.
- Tangerås, Thomas P., 2002. "Regulation of Cost and Quality under Yardstick Competition," Working Paper Series 573, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Williamson, Brian, 2001. "Incentives for Service Quality: Getting the Framework Right," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 62-70, June.
- Munasinghe, Mohan, 1980. " Costs Incurred by Residential Electricity Consumers Due to Power Failures," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(4), pages 361-369, March.
- A. Michael Spence, 1975. "Monopoly, Quality, and Regulation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 6(2), pages 417-429, Autumn.
- Mark Armstrong & Simon Cowan & John Vickers, 1994. "Regulatory Reform: Economic Analysis and British Experience," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262510790, January.
- Kidokoro, Yukihiro, 2002. "The Effects of Regulatory Reform on Quality," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 135-146, March.
- Jamasb, T. & Pollitt, M., 2000. "Benchmarking and regulation: international electricity experience," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 107-130, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pepermans, Guido, 2011.
"The value of continuous power supply for Flemish households,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7853-7864.
- Pepermans, Guido, 2010. "The Value of Continuous Power Supply for Flemish Households," Working Papers 2010/24, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
- Özbuğday, Fatih Cemil & Öğünlü, Bilal & Alma, Hasan, 2016. "The sustainability of Turkish electricity distributors and last-resort electricity suppliers: What did transition from vertically integrated public monopoly to regulated competition with privatized an," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 50-67.
- Dominik Schober, 2013. "Refinancing under Yardstick Regulation with Investment Cycles–The Case of Long-Lived Electricity Network Assets," EWL Working Papers 1321, University of Duisburg-Essen, Chair for Management Science and Energy Economics, revised Jun 2013.
- Jamasb, Tooraj & Pollitt, Michael, 2007.
"Incentive regulation of electricity distribution networks: Lessons of experience from Britain,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6163-6187, December.
- Jamasb, T. & Pollitt, M., 2007. "Incentive Regulation of Electricity Distribution Networks: Lessons of Experience from Britain," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0709, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Devine, Mel & Lynch, Muireann Á., 2015. "A Menu Approach to Revealing Generator Reliability using a Stochastic Bilevel Mathematical Program," Papers WP518, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Schober, Dominik & Weber, Christoph, 2015. "Refinancing under yardstick regulation with investment cycles: The case of long-lived electricity network assets," ZEW Discussion Papers 15-065, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Saastamoinen, Antti & Bjørndal, Endre & Bjørndal, Mette, 2017. "Specification of merger gains in the Norwegian electricity distribution industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 96-107.
- repec:eee:juipol:v:45:y:2017:i:c:p:36-44 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anna Ter-Martirosyan & John Kwoka, 2010. "Incentive regulation, service quality, and standards in U.S. electricity distribution," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 258-273, December.
- Jamasb, T. & Orea, L. & Pollitt, M.G., 2010.
"Estimating Marginal Cost of Quality Improvements: The Case of the UK Electricity Distribution Companies,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
1052, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Jamasb, Tooraj & Orea, Luis & Pollit, Michael G., 2010. "Estimating Marginal Cost of Quality Improvements: The Case of the UK Electricity Distribution Companies," Efficiency Series Papers 2010/03, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- repec:eee:juipol:v:50:y:2018:i:c:p:13-25 is not listed on IDEAS
- Çelen, Aydın & Yalçın, Neşe, 2012. "Performance assessment of Turkish electricity distribution utilities: An application of combined FAHP/TOPSIS/DEA methodology to incorporate quality of service," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 59-71.
- Yu, W. & Jamasb, T. & Pollitt, M., 2007. "Incorporating the Price of Quality in Efficiency Analysis: the Case of Electricity Distribution Regulation in the UK," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0736, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Andaluz-Alcazar, Alvaro, 2012. "Choix d'investissement sous incertitude des gestionnaires des réseaux de distribution (GRD) en Europe à l'horizon 2030," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/10862 edited by Keppler, Jan Horst.
- Castro, Rui & Faias, Sérgio & Esteves, Jorge, 2016. "The cost of electricity interruptions in Portugal: Valuing lost load by applying the production-function approach," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 48-57.
- Tahvanainen, Kaisa & Honkapuro, Samuli & Partanen, Jarmo & Viljainen, Satu, 2012. "Experiences of modern rate of return regulation in Finland," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 32-39.
- Haikel Khalfallah, 2013. "An assessment of Incentive Regulation in electricity networks: The story so far," Working Papers halshs-00931301, HAL.
- Nykamp, Stefan & Andor, Mark & Hurink, Johann L., 2012. "‘Standard’ incentive regulation hinders the integration of renewable energy generation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 222-237.
- Leme, Rafael C. & Paiva, Anderson P. & Steele Santos, Paulo E. & Balestrassi, Pedro P. & Galvão, Leandro de Lima, 2014. "Design of experiments applied to environmental variables analysis in electricity utilities efficiency: The Brazilian case," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 111-119.
- Saastamoinen, Antti & Bjørndal, Endre & Bjørndal, Mette, 2016. "Specification of merger gains in the Norwegian electricity distribution industry," Discussion Papers 2016/7, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Saastamoinen, Antti & Kuosmanen, Timo, 2016. "Quality frontier of electricity distribution: Supply security, best practices, and underground cabling in Finland," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 281-292.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juipol:v:13:y:2005:i:3:p:211-221. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30478 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.