Social Welfare and Income Inequality in a System of Cities
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Laing, Derek & Palivos, Theodore & Wang, Ping, 1995. "Learning, Matching and Growth," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(1), pages 115-29, January.
- Scotchmer, Suzanne, 1985. "Hedonic prices and cost/benefit analysis," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 55-75, October.
- Abdel-Rahman, Hesham M. & Wang, Ping, 1995.
"Toward a general-equilibrium theory of a core-periphery system of cities,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 529-546, August.
- Abdel-Rahman, H.M. & Wang, P., 1993. "Toward a General-Equilibrium Theory of Core-Periphery System of Cities," Papers 10-93-29, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Abdel-Rahman, Hesham M., 1990. "Agglomeration economies, types, and sizes of cities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 25-45, January.
- Diamond, Peter A, 1982.
"Aggregate Demand Management in Search Equilibrium,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(5), pages 881-94, October.
- Anas, Alex, 1992. "On the birth and growth of cities: : Laissez-faire and planning compared," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 243-258, June.
- Ken Burdett & Dale T. Mortensen, 1979.
"Search, Layoffs, and Labor Market Equilibrium,"
380, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Kim, Sunwoong, 1991. "Heterogeneity of labor markets and city size in an open spatial economy," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 109-126, May.
- Thisse, Jacques-Francois & Wildasin, David E., 1992.
"Public facility location and urban spatial structure : Equilibrium and welfare analysis,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 83-118, June.
- THISSE, Jacques & WILDASIN, David, 1990. "Public facility location and urban spatial structure. Equilibrium and welfare analysis," CORE Discussion Papers 1990025, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Wang, Ping, 1990. "Competitive equilibrium formation of marketplaces with heterogeneous consumers," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 295-304, November.
- Berliant, Marcus & ten Raa, Thijs, 1991. "On the continuum approach of spatial and some local public goods or product differentiation models: Some problems," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 95-120, October.
- Wildasin, David E, 1991. "Income Redistribution in a Common Labor Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 757-74, September.
- Helsley, Robert W. & Strange, William C., 1990. "Matching and agglomeration economies in a system of cities," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 189-212, September.
- Arial Rubinstein & Asher Wolinsky, 1990.
"Decentralized Trading, Strategic Behaviour and the Walrasian Outcome,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
622, David K. Levine.
- Rubinstein, Ariel & Wolinsky, Asher, 1990. "Decentralized Trading, Strategic Behaviour and the Walrasian Outcome," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(1), pages 63-78, January.
- Berliant, Marcus & Fujita, Masahisa, 1992.
"Alonso's Discrete Population Model of Land Use: Efficient Allocations and Competitive Equilibria,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 33(3), pages 535-66, August.
- Berliant, M. & Fujita, M., 1990. "Alonso'S Discrete Population Model Of Land Use: Efficient Allocations And Competitive Equilibria," RCER Working Papers 217, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Fujita, Masahisa, 1988. "A monopolistic competition model of spatial agglomeration : Differentiated product approach," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 87-124, February.
- Berliant, Marcus & Wang, Ping, 1993. "Endogenous formation of a city without agglomerative externalities or market imperfections : Marketplaces in a regional economy," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 121-144, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:41:y:1997:i:3:p:462-483. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.