Social Welfare and Income Inequality in a System of Cities
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anas, Alex, 1992. "On the birth and growth of cities: : Laissez-faire and planning compared," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 243-258, June.
- Abdel-Rahman, Hesham M. & Wang, Ping, 1995.
"Toward a general-equilibrium theory of a core-periphery system of cities,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 529-546, August.
- Abdel-Rahman, H.M. & Wang, P., 1993. "Toward a General-Equilibrium Theory of Core-Periphery System of Cities," Papers 10-93-29, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Burdett, Kenneth & Mortensen, Dale T, 1980.
"Search, Layoffs, and Labor Market Equilibrium,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(4), pages 652-672, August.
- Kim, Sunwoong, 1991. "Heterogeneity of labor markets and city size in an open spatial economy," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 109-126, May.
- Scotchmer, Suzanne, 1985. "Hedonic prices and cost/benefit analysis," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 55-75, October.
- Wildasin, David E, 1991. "Income Redistribution in a Common Labor Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 757-774, September.
- Abdel-Rahman, Hesham M., 1990. "Agglomeration economies, types, and sizes of cities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 25-45, January.
- Fujita, Masahisa, 1988. "A monopolistic competition model of spatial agglomeration : Differentiated product approach," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 87-124, February.
- THISSE, Jacques & WILDASIN, David, 1990.
"Public facility location and urban spatial structure. Equilibrium and welfare analysis,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1990025, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Thisse, Jacques-Francois & Wildasin, David E., 1992. "Public facility location and urban spatial structure : Equilibrium and welfare analysis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 83-118, June.
- P. Diamond, 1980.
"Aggregate Demand Management in Search Equilibrium,"
268, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Berliant, Marcus & Wang, Ping, 1993. "Endogenous formation of a city without agglomerative externalities or market imperfections : Marketplaces in a regional economy," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 121-144, March.
- Berliant, Marcus & ten Raa, Thijs, 1991. "On the continuum approach of spatial and some local public goods or product differentiation models: Some problems," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 95-120, October.
- Derek Laing & Theodore Palivos & Ping Wang, 1995. "Learning, Matching and Growth," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 62(1), pages 115-129.
- Berliant, M. & Fujita, M., 1990.
"Alonso'S Discrete Population Model Of Land Use: Efficient Allocations And Competitive Equilibria,"
RCER Working Papers
217, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Berliant, Marcus & Fujita, Masahisa, 1992. "Alonso's Discrete Population Model of Land Use: Efficient Allocations and Competitive Equilibria," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 33(3), pages 535-566, August.
- Arial Rubinstein & Asher Wolinsky, 1990.
"Decentralized Trading, Strategic Behaviour and the Walrasian Outcome,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
622, David K. Levine.
- Ariel Rubinstein & Asher Wolinsky, 1990. "Decentralized Trading, Strategic Behaviour and the Walrasian Outcome," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(1), pages 63-78.
- Wang, Ping, 1990. "Competitive equilibrium formation of marketplaces with heterogeneous consumers," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 295-304, November.
- Helsley, Robert W. & Strange, William C., 1990. "Matching and agglomeration economies in a system of cities," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 189-212, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:41:y:1997:i:3:p:462-483. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.