Metals price volatility, 1972-1995
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Angus Deaton & Guy Laroque, 1992.
"On the Behaviour of Commodity Prices,"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 59(1), pages 1-23.
- Deaton, A. & Laroque, G., 1989. "On The Behavior Of Commodity Prices," Papers 145, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Angus Deaton & Guy Laroque, 1990. "On The Behavior of Commodity Prices," NBER Working Papers 3439, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Deaton, A. & Laroque, G., 1989. "On The Behavior Of Commodity Prices," Papers 145, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Banerjee, Anindya & Dolado, Juan J. & Galbraith, John W. & Hendry, David, 1993. "Co-integration, Error Correction, and the Econometric Analysis of Non-Stationary Data," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288107.
- Deaton, Angus & Laroque, Guy, 1995. "Estimating a Nonlinear Rational Expectations Commodity Price Model with Unobservable State Variables," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(S), pages 9-40, Suppl. De.
- Gilbert, Christopher L, 1995. "Modelling Market Fundamentals: A Model of the Aluminum Market," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(4), pages 385-410, Oct.-Dec..
- Williams,Jeffrey C. & Wright,Brian D., 2005. "Storage and Commodity Markets," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521023399, April.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Margaret E. Slade, 1991. "Market Structure, Marketing Method, and Price Instability," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(4), pages 1309-1340.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jonathan A. Batten & Cetin Ciner & Brian M. Lucey, 2015.
"Which precious metals spill over on which, when and why? Some evidence,"
Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(6), pages 466-473, April.
- Jonathan A. Batten & Cetin Ciner & Brian M. Lucey, 2014. "Which Precious Metals Spill Over on Which, When and Why? – Some Evidence," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp460, IIIS.
- Geman, Hélyette & Smith, William O., 2013. "Theory of storage, inventory and volatility in the LME base metals," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 18-28.
- Isabel Figuerola-Ferretti & Christopher L. Gilbert, 2001. "Has Futures Trading Affected the Volatility of Aluminium Transactions Prices?," Working Papers 432, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Sinha, Pankaj & Mathur, Kritika, 2013. "A study on the Price Behavior of Base Metals traded in India," MPRA Paper 47028, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gil-Alana, Luis A. & Chang, Shinhye & Balcilar, Mehmet & Aye, Goodness C. & Gupta, Rangan, 2015.
"Persistence of precious metal prices: A fractional integration approach with structural breaks,"
Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 57-64.
- Luis A.Gil-Alana & Shinhye Chang & Mehmet Balcilar & Goodness C. Aye & Rangan Gupta, 2014. "Persistence in Precious Metal Prices: A Fractional Integration Approach with Structural Breaks," Working Papers 201458, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Luis Alberiko Gil-Alaña & Shinhye Chang & Mehmet Balcilar & Goodness C. Aye & Rangan Gupta, 2015. "Persistence of precious metal prices: a fractional integration approach with structural breaks," NCID Working Papers 06/2015, Navarra Center for International Development, University of Navarra.
- Frank Ackerman & Kevin Gallagher, "undated".
"Mixed Signals: Market Incentives, Recycling, and the Price Spike of 1995,"
GDAE Working Papers
01-02, GDAE, Tufts University.
- Frank Ackerman & Kevin Gallagher, 2001. "Mixed Signals: Market Incentives, Recycling, and the Price Spike of 1995," Game Theory and Information 0106001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gallagher, Kevin P. & Ackerman, Frank, 2001. "Mixed Signals: Market Incentives, Recycling and the Price Spike of 1995," Working Papers 15598, Tufts University, Global Development and Environment Institute.
- Guo, Jin, 2018. "Co-movement of international copper prices, China's economic activity, and stock returns: Structural breaks and volatility dynamics," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 62-77.
- Dennis Alvaro & Ángel Guillén & Gabriel Rodríguez, 2017. "Modelling the volatility of commodities prices using a stochastic volatility model with random level shifts," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 153(1), pages 71-103, February.
- Gil-Alana, Luis A. & Tripathy, Trilochan, 2014. "Modelling volatility persistence and asymmetry: A Study on selected Indian non-ferrous metals markets," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 31-39.
- Weaver, Robert D & Natcher, William C, 2000. "Commodity Price Volatility under New Market Orientations," MPRA Paper 9862, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mehmet Balcilar & Zeynel Abidin Ozdemir, 2018. "The volatility effect on precious metals prices in a stochastic volatility in mean model with time-varying parameters," Working Papers 15-34, Eastern Mediterranean University, Department of Economics.
- Watkins, Clinton & McAleer, Michael, 2008. "How has volatility in metals markets changed?," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 237-249.
- Diego García & Juan Ignacio Guzmán, 0. "Short-term price volatility and reversion rate in mineral commodity markets," Mineral Economics, Springer;Raw Materials Group (RMG);Luleå University of Technology, vol. 0, pages 1-13.
- Clinton Watkins & Michael McAleer, 2006.
"Pricing of non-ferrous metals futures on the London Metal Exchange,"
Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(12), pages 853-880.
- Clinton Watkins & Michael McAleer, 2003. "Pricing of Non-ferrous Metals Futures on the London Metal Exchange," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-213, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Gabriel Rodríguez & Dennis Alvaro & Ángel Guillén, 2016. "Modelling the Volatility of Commodities Prices using a Stochastic Volatility Model with Random Level Shifts [Modelando la volatilidad de los precios de los commodities utilizando un modelo de volatili," Documentos de Trabajo / Working Papers 2016-414, Departamento de Economía - Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- Etoundi Atenga, Eric Martial, 2014. "Asymmetric shocks, persistence in volatility and spillover effects between non ferrous metals on the LME spot market," MPRA Paper 61017, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dooley, Gillian & Lenihan, Helena, 2005. "An assessment of time series methods in metal price forecasting," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 208-217, September.
- Rossen, Anja, 2015.
"What are metal prices like? Co-movement, price cycles and long-run trends,"
Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 255-276.
- Rossen, Anja, 2014. "What are metal prices like? Co-movement, price cycles and long-run trends," HWWI Research Papers 155, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Luis Alberiko Gil-Alaña & Trilochan Tripathy, 2013. "Modelling volatility persistence and asymmetry: a study on selected Indian non-ferrous metals markets," NCID Working Papers 11/2013, Navarra Center for International Development, University of Navarra.
- Omura, Akihiro & Todorova, Neda & Li, Bin & Chung, Richard, 2015. "Convenience yield and inventory accessibility: Impact of regional market conditions," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 1-11.
- Adibi, Nabiollah & Ataee-pour, Majid, 2015. "Decreasing minerals׳ revenue risk by diversification of mineral production in mineral rich countries," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 121-129.
- Chen, Mei-Hsiu, 2010. "Understanding world metals prices--Returns, volatility and diversification," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 127-140, September.
- Redlinger, Michael & Eggert, Roderick, 2016. "Volatility of by-product metal and mineral prices," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 69-77.
- Ciner, Cetin & Lucey, Brian & Yarovaya, Larisa, 2020. "Spillovers, integration and causality in LME non-ferrous metal markets," Journal of Commodity Markets, Elsevier, vol. 17(C).
- Balcilar, Mehmet & Ozdemir, Zeynel Abidin, 2019. "The volatility effect on precious metals price returns in a stochastic volatility in mean model with time-varying parameters," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 534(C).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jrpoli:v:21:y:1995:i:4:p:237-254. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30467 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.