Foreign investment, human capital and manufacturing sector growth in Singapore
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alwyn Young, 1992. "A Tale of Two Cities: Factor Accumulation and Technical Change in Hong Kong and Singapore," NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1992, Volume 7, pages 13-64 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Romer, Paul M, 1990. "Endogenous Technological Change," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 71-102, October.
- Young, Alwyn, 1994. "Lessons from the East Asian NICS: A contrarian view," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 964-973, April.
- Leung, H. M. & Tan, Swee Liang & Yang, Zhen Lin, 2004. "What has luck got to do with economic development? An interpretation of resurgent Asia's growth experience," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 373-385, April.
- Alwyn Young, 1995. "The Tyranny of Numbers: Confronting the Statistical Realities of the East Asian Growth Experience," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(3), pages 641-680.
- Toh, Mun Heng & Ng, Wai Choong, 2002. "Efficiency of investments in Asian economies: has Singapore over-invested," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 52-71.
- Etzkowitz, Henry & Brisolla, Sandra N., 1999. "Failure and success: the fate of industrial policy in Latin America and South East Asia," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 337-350, April.
- Baharumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi & Thanoon, Marwan A. & Rashid, Salim, 2003. "Saving dynamics in the Asian countries," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 827-845, January.
- Kim, Jung-Kwan & Ratti, Ronald A., 2006. "Economic activity, foreign exchange rate, and the interest rate during the Asian crisis," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 387-402, May.
- Kuruvilla, Sarosh & Erickson, Christopher L. & Hwang, Alvin, 2002. "An Assessment of the Singapore Skills Development System: Does it Constitute a Viable Model for Other Developing Countries?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1461-1476, August.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gnanaraj Chellaraj & Keith E. Maskus & Aaditya Mattoo, 2013.
"Labor Skills and Foreign Investment in a Dynamic Economy: Estimating the Knowledge-capital Model for Singapore,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(4), pages 627-643, November.
- Chellaraj, Gnanaraj & Maskus, Keith E. & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2009. "Labor skills and foreign investment in a dynamic economy : estimating the knowledge-capital model for Singapore," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4950, The World Bank.
- Gnanaraj Chellaraj & Keith Maskus & Aaditya Mattoo, 2009. "Labor Skills and Foreign Investment in a Dynamic Economy: Estimating the Knowledge-Capital Model for Singapore," School of Economics Working Papers 2009-21, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Anwar, Sajid & Cooray, Arusha, 2015. "Financial flows and per capita income in developing countries," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 304-314.
- Anwar, Sajid & Sun, Sizhong, 2014. "Heterogeneity and curvilinearity of FDI-related productivity spillovers in China's manufacturing sector," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 23-32.
- Kwang-Myoung Hwang & Donghyun Park & Kwanho Shin, 2013. "Capital Market Openness and Output Volatility," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(3), pages 403-430, August.
- Chellaraj, Gnanaraj & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2015. "Can the knowledge capital model explain foreign investment in services ? the case of Singapore," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7186, The World Bank.
- Brock, Gregory & German-Soto, Vicente, 2013. "Regional industrial growth in Mexico: Do human capital and infrastructure matter?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 228-242.
- Gnanaraj Chellaraj & Aaditya Mattoo, 2009. "Can the Knowledge-Capital Model Explain Sectoral Foreign Invesment? Evidence From Singapore," Economics Study Area Working Papers 101, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jpolmo:v:30:y:2008:i:3:p:447-453. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.