The Master Settlement Agreement and cigarette tax policy
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Evans, William N. & Ringel, Jeanne S., 1999.
"Can higher cigarette taxes improve birth outcomes?,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 135-154, April.
- William N. Evans & Jeanne S. Ringel, 1997. "Can Higher Cigarette Taxes Improve Birth Outcomes?," NBER Working Papers 5998, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Theodore Keeler & Teh-wei Hu & Michael Ong & Hai-Yen Sung, 2004. "The US National Tobacco Settlement: the effects of advertising and price changes on cigarette consumption," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(15), pages 1623-1629.
- Baltagi, Badi H & Levin, Dan, 1986. "Estimating Dynamic Demand for Cigarettes Using Panel Data: The Effects of Bootlegging, Taxation and Advertising Reconsidered," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(1), pages 148-55, February.
- David M. Cutler & Jonathan Gruber & Raymond S. Hartman & M.B. Landrum, J. Newhouse & Meredith B. Rosenthal, 2000.
"The Economic Impacts of the Tobacco Settlement,"
NBER Working Papers
7760, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frank A. Sloan & Justin G. Trogdon, 2004. "The impact of the master settlement agreement on cigarette consumption," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(4), pages 843-855.
- Chaloupka, Frank J. & Warner, Kenneth E., 2000.
"The economics of smoking,"
Handbook of Health Economics,
in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 29, pages 1539-1627
- Rajeev Goel, 2004. "Cigarette demand in Canada and the US-Canadian cigarette smuggling," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(9), pages 537-540.
- Stuart Fowler & William Ford, 2004. "Has a quarter-trillion-dollar settlement helped the tobacco industry?," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 28(3), pages 430-444, September.
- Seiglie, Carlos, 1990. "A Theory of the Politically Optimal Commodity Tax," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(3), pages 586-603, July.
- Winer, Stanley L. & Hettich, Walter, 1991. "Debt and tariffs : An empirical investigation of the evolution of revenue systems," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 215-242, July.
- Hettich, Walter & Winer, Stanley L, 1988. "Economic and Political Foundations of Tax Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(4), pages 701-12, September.
- Rajeev K. Goel & Michael A. Nelson, 2006. "The Effectiveness of Anti-Smoking Legislation: A Review," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(3), pages 325-355, 07.
- Michael A. Nelson, 2002. "Using Excise Taxes to Finance State Government: Do Neighboring State Taxation Policy and Cross-Border Markets Matter?," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(4), pages 731-752.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jpolmo:v:29:y:2007:i:3:p:431-438. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.