Cigarette advertising and U.S. cigarette demand: A policy assessment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Duffy, Martyn, 1995. "Advertising in demand systems for alcoholic drinks and tobacco: A comparative study," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 557-577, December.
- Chaloupka, Frank J. & Warner, Kenneth E., 2000. "The economics of smoking," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 29, pages 1539-1627 Elsevier.
- Rajeev K. Goel & Michael A. Nelson, 2006. "The Effectiveness of Anti-Smoking Legislation: A Review," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(3), pages 325-355, July.
- Goel, Rajeev K. & Nelson, Michael A., 2007. "The Master Settlement Agreement and cigarette tax policy," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 431-438.
- Baltagi, Badi H & Levin, Dan, 1986. "Estimating Dynamic Demand for Cigarettes Using Panel Data: The Effects of Bootlegging, Taxation and Advertising Reconsidered," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(1), pages 148-155, February.
- Craig A. Gallet & John A. List, 2003. "Cigarette demand: a meta-analysis of elasticities," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(10), pages 821-835.
- Khosrow Doroodian & Barry J. Seldon, 1991. "Advertising and Cigarette Consumption," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 17(3), pages 359-366, Jul-Sep.
- Saffer, Henry & Chaloupka, Frank, 2000. "The effect of tobacco advertising bans on tobacco consumption," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 1117-1137, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard Cebula & Maggie Foley & Robert Houmes, 2014. "Empirical analysis of the impact of cigarette excise taxes on cigarette consumption: estimates from recent state-level data," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 38(1), pages 164-180, January.
- Bilgic, Abdulbaki & Florkowski, Wojciech J. & Yen, Steven T. & Akbay, Cuma, 2013. "Tobacco spending patterns and their health-related implications in Turkey," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 1-15.
More about this item
KeywordsCigarette advertising Demand Elasticities Master Settlement Agreement;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jpolmo:v:31:y:2009:i:3:p:351-357. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.