Private label line proliferation and private label tier pricing: A new dimension of competition between private labels and national brands
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Christian At & Pierre-Henri Morand, 2012. "Privatization and Leverage," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(1), pages 32-44.
- repec:spr:compst:v:75:y:2012:i:1:p:67-82 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christian At & Pierre-Henri Morand, 2012. "Leverage and Privatization," Post-Print hal-00447996, HAL.
- Bodapati, Anand V. & Gupta, Sachin, 2005. "Purchase-Frequency Bias in Random-Coefficients Brand-Choice Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 23, pages 473-484, October.
- Kelchtermans, Stijn & Verboven, Frank, 2010. "Program duplication in higher education is not necessarily bad," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(5-6), pages 397-409, June.
- Greg M. Allenby & Peter E. Rossi, 1991. "Quality Perceptions and Asymmetric Switching Between Brands," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(3), pages 185-204.
- Nevo, Aviv, 2001.
"Measuring Market Power in the Ready-to-Eat Cereal Industry,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(2), pages 307-342, March.
- Nevo, Aviv, 1998. "Measuring Market Power in the Ready-To-Eat Cereal Industry," Food Marketing Policy Center Research Reports 037, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
- Nevo, Aviv, 1998. "Measuring Market Power in the Ready-To-Eat Cereal Industry," Research Reports 25164, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- Nevo, Aviv, 1999. "Measuring Market Power in the Ready-to-Eat Cereal Industry," Competition Policy Center, Working Paper Series qt7cm5p858, Competition Policy Center, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Aviv Nevo, 2003. "Measuring Market Power in the Ready-to-Eat Cereal Industry," Microeconomics 0303006, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aviv Nevo, 1998. "Measuring Market Power in the Ready-to-Eat Cereal Industry," NBER Working Papers 6387, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- ter Braak, Anne & Geyskens, Inge & Dekimpe, Marnik G., 2014. "Taking private labels upmarket: Empirical generalizations on category drivers of premium private label introductions," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 125-140.
- ., 2012. "Public and Private Provision," Chapters, in: Regulatory Reform of Public Utilities, chapter 2, pages 25-46, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Peter M. Guadagni & John D. C. Little, 2008. "A Logit Model of Brand Choice Calibrated on Scanner Data," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(1), pages 29-48, 01-02.
- Jan-Benedict E. M. Steenkamp & Inge Geyskens, 2014. "Manufacturer and Retailer Strategies to Impact Store Brand Share: Global Integration, Local Adaptation, and Worldwide Learning," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(1), pages 6-26, January.
- Palmeira, Mauricio M. & Thomas, Dominic, 2011. "Two-Tier Store Brands: The Benefic Impact of a Value Brand on Perceptions of a Premium Brand," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 87(4), pages 540-548.
- Melis, Kristina & Campo, Katia & Breugelmans, Els & Lamey, Lien, 2015. "The Impact of the Multi-channel Retail Mix on Online Store Choice: Does Online Experience Matter?," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 272-288.
- Empen, Janine & Loy, Jens-Peter & Weiss, Christoph R., 2011. "Price Promotions and Brand Loyalty: Empirical Evidence for the German Breakfast Cereals Market," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114341, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Peter M. Guadagni & John D. C. Little, 2008. "Commentary—A Logit Model of Brand Choice Calibrated on Scanner Data: A 25th Anniversary Perspective," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(1), pages 26-28, 01-02.
- Serdar Sayman & Stephen J. Hoch & Jagmohan S. Raju, 2002. "Positioning of Store Brands," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(4), pages 378-397, June.
- Kadiyali, Vrinda & Vilcassim, Naufel & Chintagunta, Pradeep, 1998. "Product line extensions and competitive market interactions: An empirical analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 89(1-2), pages 339-363, November.
- P. B. Seetharaman, 2004. "Modeling Multiple Sources of State Dependence in Random Utility Models: A Distributed Lag Approach," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(2), pages 263-271, April.
- Koen Pauwels & Shuba Srinivasan, 2004. "Who Benefits from Store Brand Entry?," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(3), pages 364-390, July.
- ., 2012. "Privatization and Structural Reforms," Chapters, in: Regulatory Reform of Public Utilities, chapter 13, pages 203-220, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Evren Körpeoğlu & Alper Şen & Kemal Güler, 2012. "A private contributions game for joint replenishment," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 75(1), pages 67-82, February.
- Sethuraman Raj, 2003. "Measuring National Brands' Equity over Store Brands," Review of Marketing Science, De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 1-28, August.
- Dekimpe, Marnik G. & Gielens, Katrijn & Raju, Jagmohan & Thomas, Jacquelyn S., 2011. "Strategic Assortment Decisions in Information-Intensive and Turbulent Environments," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 87(S1), pages 17-28.
- Sethuraman, Raj & Gielens, Katrijn, 2014. "Determinants of Store Brand Share," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 141-153.
- Christopher T. Conlon & Julie Holland Mortimer, 2013. "Empirical Properties of Diversion Ratios," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 864, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 01 Jan 2019.
- Pradeep K. Chintagunta & André Bonfrer & Inseong Song, 2002. "Investigating the Effects of Store-Brand Introduction on Retailer Demand and Pricing Behavior," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(10), pages 1242-1267, October.
- Ronald W. Cotterill, 1997. "The food distribution system of the future: Convergence towards the US or UK model?," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(2), pages 123-135.
- Christopher T. Conlon & Julie Holland Mortimer, 2013. "An Experimental Approach to Merger Evaluation," NBER Working Papers 19703, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J. Miguel Villas-Boas & Russell S. Winer, 1999. "Endogeneity in Brand Choice Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(10), pages 1324-1338, October.
- ., 2012. "Private Sector Involvement," Chapters, in: Regulatory Reform of Public Utilities, chapter 14, pages 221-236, Edward Elgar Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- HÃ¶kelekli, Gizem & Lamey, Lien & Verboven, Frank, 2017. "The battle of traditional retailers versus discounters: The role of PL tiers," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 11-22.
More about this item
KeywordsPrivate label tiers; Private label proliferation; Competition; Pricing; Demand model; Profit implications;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joreco:v:36:y:2017:i:c:p:39-52. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-retailing-and-consumer-services .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.