A meta-analysis of consumer impulse buying
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kathleen D. Vohs & Ronald J. Faber, 2007. "Spent Resources: Self-Regulatory Resource Availability Affects Impulse Buying," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(4), pages 537-547, January.
- Wood, Michael, 1998. "Socio-economic status, delay of gratification, and impulse buying," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 295-320, June.
- Reed, Phil & McCarthy, John & Latif, Nermen & DeJongh, Julie, 2002. "The role of stimuli in a virtual shopping environment: A test of predictions derived from conditioning models of marketing firms," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 449-467, August.
- Hoch, Stephen J & Loewenstein, George F, 1991. " Time-Inconsistent Preferences and Consumer Self-Control," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(4), pages 492-507, March.
- repec:eee:joreco:v:17:y:2010:i:1:p:43-52 is not listed on IDEAS
- Garlin, Francine V. & Owen, Katherine, 2006. "Setting the tone with the tune: A meta-analytic review of the effects of background music in retail settings," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(6), pages 755-764, June.
- Yi, Sunghwan & Baumgartner, Hans, 2011. "Coping with guilt and shame in the impulse buying context," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 458-467, June.
- Julie Sneath & Russell Lacey & Pamela Kennett-Hensel, 2009. "Coping with a natural disaster: Losses, emotions, and impulsive and compulsive buying," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 45-60, March.
- repec:eee:joreco:v:16:y:2009:i:4:p:320-328 is not listed on IDEAS
- Punj, Girish, 2011. "Impulse buying and variety seeking: Similarities and differences," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(7), pages 745-748, July.
- Rook, Dennis W & Fisher, Robert J, 1995. " Normative Influences on Impulsive Buying Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(3), pages 305-313, December.
- Jones, Michael A. & Reynolds, Kristy E. & Weun, Seungoog & Beatty, Sharon E., 2003. "The product-specific nature of impulse buying tendency," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(7), pages 505-511, July.
- repec:eee:jouret:v:84:y:2008:i:3:p:243-255 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sharma, Piyush & Sivakumaran, Bharadhwaj & Marshall, Roger, 2010. "Impulse buying and variety seeking: A trait-correlates perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 276-283, March.
- Peterson, Robert A, 2001. " On the Use of College Students in Social Science Research: Insights from a Second-Order Meta-analysis," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(3), pages 450-461, December.
- Dittmar, Helga & Beattie, Jane & Friese, Susanne, 1995. "Gender identity and material symbols: Objects and decision considerations in impulse purchases," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 491-511, September.
- repec:eee:joreco:v:19:y:2012:i:6:p:578-588 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:joreco:v:19:y:2012:i:1:p:150-158 is not listed on IDEAS
- Weinberg, Peter & Gottwald, Wolfgang, 1982. "Impulsive consumer buying as a result of emotions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 43-57, March.
- Park, Eun Joo & Kim, Eun Young & Funches, Venessa Martin & Foxx, William, 2012. "Apparel product attributes, web browsing, and e-impulse buying on shopping websites," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(11), pages 1583-1589.
- repec:eee:jouret:v:85:y:2009:i:3:p:298-307 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:taf:servic:v:37:y:2017:i:5-6:p:277-295 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cristinel Vasiliu & Mihai Ovidiu Cercel, 2015. "Innovation in retail: impact on creating a positive experience when buying fashion products," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 17(39), pages 583-583, May.
- repec:eee:joreco:v:22:y:2015:i:c:p:1-15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Farid, Dania Shakaib & Ali, Mazhar, 2018. "Effects of Personality on Impulsive Buying Behavior: Evidence from a Developing Country," MPRA Paper 87401, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:joreco:v:39:y:2017:i:c:p:54-61 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pettigrew, Simone & Biagioni, Nicole & Jones, Sandra C. & Daube, Mike & Kirby, Gary & Stafford, Julia & Chikritzhs, Tanya, 2015. "Sales promotion strategies and youth drinking in Australia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 115-122.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:95:y:2019:i:c:p:211-219 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:12:p:2313-:d:122609 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsImpulse buying; Meta-analysis; Impulsivity; Impulsive; Impulse buying trait; Impulse buying tendency;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joreco:v:21:y:2014:i:2:p:86-97. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-retailing-and-consumer-services .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.