Socio-economic status, delay of gratification, and impulse buying
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hoch, Stephen J & Loewenstein, George F, 1991. " Time-Inconsistent Preferences and Consumer Self-Control," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(4), pages 492-507, March.
- O'Guinn, Thomas C & Faber, Ronald J, 1989. " Compulsive Buying: A Phenomenological Exploration," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 147-157, September.
- Lea, Stephen E. G. & Webley, Paul & Levine, R. Mark, 1993. "The economic psychology of consumer debt," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 85-119, March.
- Rook, Dennis W, 1987. " The Buying Impulse," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 189-199, September.
- Dittmar, Helga & Beattie, Jane & Friese, Susanne, 1995. "Gender identity and material symbols: Objects and decision considerations in impulse purchases," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 491-511, September.
- Lea, Stephen E. G. & Webley, Paul & Walker, Catherine M., 1995. "Psychological factors in consumer debt: Money management, economic socialization, and credit use," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 681-701, December.
- Hendon, Donald W. & Williams, Emelda L. & Huffman, Douglas E., 1988. "Social class system revisited," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 259-270, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard, Marie-Odile & Chebat, Jean-Charles & Yang, Zhiyong & Putrevu, Sanjay, 2010. "A proposed model of online consumer behavior: Assessing the role of gender," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(9-10), pages 926-934, September.
- Lee, Julie Anne & Kacen, Jacqueline J., 2008. "Cultural influences on consumer satisfaction with impulse and planned purchase decisions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 265-272, March.
- Sinha, Piyush Kumar & Mishra, Hari Govind & Kaul, Surabhi & Singh, Sarabjot, 2014. "Buying Impulsive Trait: An effective moderator for shopping emotions and perceived risk," IIMA Working Papers WP2014-03-17, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Clinton Gudmunson & Sharon Danes, 2011. "Family Financial Socialization: Theory and Critical Review," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 644-667, December.
- Annette Otto & Paul Webley, 2016. "Saving, Selling, Earning, and Negotiating: How Adolescents Acquire Monetary Lump Sums and Who Considers Saving," Journal of Consumer Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 342-371, July.
- Jinhee Kim & Jaslean LaTaillade & Haejeong Kim, 2011. "Family Processes and Adolescents’ Financial Behaviors," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 668-679, December.
- repec:spr:decisn:v:44:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s40622-017-0168-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Otto, Annette, 2013. "Saving in childhood and adolescence: Insights from developmental psychology," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 8-18.
- Hofmans, J. & Pepermans, R. & Loix, E., 2009. "Measurement invariance matters: A case made for the ORTOFIN," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 667-674, August.
- Gasiorowska, Agata, 2008.
"Różnice indywidualne jako determinanty postaw wobec pieniędzy
[Individual differences as determinants of money attitudes]," MPRA Paper 42684, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:gam:jgames:v:8:y:2017:i:2:p:22-:d:99106 is not listed on IDEAS
- Webley, Paul & Nyhus, Ellen K., 2006. "Parents' influence on children's future orientation and saving," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 140-164, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joepsy:v:19:y:1998:i:3:p:295-320. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joep .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.