The Psychology of Impulse Buying: An Integrative Self-Regulation Approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hoch, Stephen J & Loewenstein, George F, 1991. " Time-Inconsistent Preferences and Consumer Self-Control," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(4), pages 492-507, March.
- O'Guinn, Thomas C & Faber, Ronald J, 1989. " Compulsive Buying: A Phenomenological Exploration," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 147-157, September.
- Rook, Dennis W, 1987. " The Buying Impulse," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 189-199, September.
- Richins, Marsha L, 1994. " Valuing Things: The Public and Private Meanings of Possessions," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(3), pages 504-521, December.
- Holbrook, Morris B & Hirschman, Elizabeth C, 1982. " The Experiential Aspects of Consumption: Consumer Fantasies, Feelings, and Fun," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 132-140, September.
- Rook, Dennis W & Fisher, Robert J, 1995. " Normative Influences on Impulsive Buying Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(3), pages 305-313, December.
- Mick, David Glen & DeMoss, Michelle, 1990. " Self-Gifts: Phenomenological Insights from Four Contexts," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(3), pages 322-332, December.
- Dittmar, Helga & Beattie, Jane & Friese, Susanne, 1995. "Gender identity and material symbols: Objects and decision considerations in impulse purchases," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 491-511, September.
- Hanley, Alice & Wilhelm, Mari S., 1992. "Compulsive buying: An exploration into self-esteem and money attitudes," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 5-18, March.
- Faber, Ronald J & O'Guinn, Thomas C, 1992. " A Clinical Screener for Compulsive Buying," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 459-469, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- islam hassouneh, 2016. "Israeli Products in the Eyes of Palestinians," Proceedings of Business and Management Conferences 4406895, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Cristina OTTAVIANI & Daniela VANDONE, 2016. "Is Impulsivity a Mediator of the Relationship between Financial Literacy and Debt Decisions?," Departmental Working Papers 2016-06, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Lades, Leonhard K., 2014.
"Impulsive consumption and reflexive thought: Nudging ethical consumer behavior,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 114-128.
- Leonhard K. Lades, 2012. "Impulsive Consumption and Reflexive Thought: Nudging Ethical Consumer Behavior," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2012-03, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Pettigrew, Simone & Biagioni, Nicole & Jones, Sandra C. & Daube, Mike & Kirby, Gary & Stafford, Julia & Chikritzhs, Tanya, 2015. "Sales promotion strategies and youth drinking in Australia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 115-122.
- Lerman, Dawn & Shefrin, Hersh, 2015. "Positive marketing: Introduction to the special section," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(12), pages 2443-2445.
More about this item
KeywordsImpulse buying; Compulsive buying; Self-regulation; Consumer policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jcopol:v:34:y:2011:i:2:p:197-210. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.