Impulsive consumer buying as a result of emotions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- de Kervenoael, Ronan & Aykac, D. Selcen O. & Palmer, Mark, 2009. "Online social capital: Understanding e-impulse buying in practice," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 320-328.
- Verhagen, T. & Dolen, W. van, 2009. "The influence of online store characteristics on consumer impulsive decision-making: a model and empirical application," Serie Research Memoranda 0046, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Sinha, Piyush Kumar & Mishra, Hari Govind & Kaul, Surabhi & Singh, Sarabjot, 2014. "Buying Impulsive Trait: An effective moderator for shopping emotions and perceived risk," IIMA Working Papers WP2014-03-17, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Vanhamme, Joëlle & de Bont, Cees J.P.M., 2008. "“Surprise Gift” Purchases: Customer Insights from the Small Electrical Appliances Market," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 84(3), pages 354-369.
- Guiot, Denis & Roux, Dominique, 2010. "A Second-hand Shoppers’ Motivation Scale: Antecedents, Consequences, and Implications for Retailers," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 86(4), pages 355-371.
- Zhiguo Yang, 2020. "Modeling Cross Category Purchase Decision Making with Consumers’ Mental Budgeting Control Habit," Information Management and Business Review, AMH International, vol. 11(4), pages 33-42.
- Amos, Clinton & Holmes, Gary R. & Keneson, William C., 2014. "A meta-analysis of consumer impulse buying," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 86-97.
- Vanhamme, J. & de Bont, C.J.P.M., 2005. "“Surprise Gift” Purchases of Small Electric Appliances: A Pilot Study," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2005-081-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Dainn Wie & Hyoungjong Kim, 2015. "Between Calm and Passion: The Cooling-Off Period and Divorce Decisions in Korea," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(2), pages 187-214, April.
- Jalees Tariq & Kazmi Syed Hasnain Alam & Zaman Syed Imran, 2016. "The Effect of Visual Merchandising, Sensational Seeking and Collectivism on Impulsive Buying Behavior," Journal of Systems Science and Information, De Gruyter, vol. 4(4), pages 321-333, August.
- Shakeel Ahmad Sofi & Faizan Ashraf Mir & Mubashir Majid Baba, 2020. "Cognition and affect in consumer decision making: conceptualization and validation of added constructs in modified instrument," Future Business Journal, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 1-20, December.
- Luomala, Harri T. & Laaksonen, Martti, 1997. "Mood-regulatory self-gifts: Development of a conceptual framework," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 407-434, June.
- Ozer, Leyla & Gultekin, Beyza, 2015. "Pre- and post-purchase stage in impulse buying: The role of mood and satisfaction," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 71-76.
- Umair Akram & Peng Hui & Muhammad Kaleem Khan & Chen Yan & Zubair Akram, 2018. "Factors Affecting Online Impulse Buying: Evidence from Chinese Social Commerce Environment," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(2), pages 1-1, January.
- Garaus, Marion & Wagner, Udo & Manzinger, Sandra, 2017. "Happy grocery shopper: The creation of positive emotions through affective digital signage content," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 295-305.
- Ayadi, Nawel & Giraud, Magali & Gonzalez, Christine, 2013. "An investigation of consumers' self-control mechanisms when confronted with repeated purchase temptations: Evidence from online private sales," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 272-281.
- Michael Nofer & Oliver Hinz, 2015. "Using Twitter to Predict the Stock Market," Business & Information Systems Engineering: The International Journal of WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK, Springer;Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V. (GI), vol. 57(4), pages 229-242, August.
- Prashant Verma & Shruti Jain, 2015. "Skills Augmenting Online Shopping Behavior: A Study of Need for Cognition Positive Segment," Business Perspectives and Research, , vol. 3(2), pages 126-145, July.
- Wong, IpKin Anthony & Prentice, Catherine, 2015. "Multilevel environment induced impulsive gambling," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(10), pages 2102-2108.
- D. Veena Parboteeah & Joseph S. Valacich & John D. Wells, 2009. "The Influence of Website Characteristics on a Consumer's Urge to Buy Impulsively," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 20(1), pages 60-78, March.
- Joaquin Gómez-Miñambres & Eric Schniter, 2017. "Emotions and Behavior Regulation in Decision Dilemmas," Games, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(2), pages 1-1, May.
- Gopalkrishnan R. Iyer & Markus Blut & Sarah Hong Xiao & Dhruv Grewal, 2020. "Impulse buying: a meta-analytic review," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 384-404, May.
- Huang, Li-Ting, 2016. "Flow and social capital theory in online impulse buying," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 2277-2283.
- Pornpitakpan, Chanthika & Han, Jie Hui, 2013. "The effect of culture and salespersons’ retail service quality on impulse buying," Australasian marketing journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 85-93.
- Kacen, Jacqueline J. & Hess, James D. & Walker, Doug, 2012. "Spontaneous selection: The influence of product and retailing factors on consumer impulse purchases," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 578-588.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:10:y:1982:i:1:p:43-57. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.