How car dealers adjust prices to reach the product efficiency frontier in the Spanish automobile market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Randy Brenkers & Frank Verboven, 2006.
"Liberalizing A Distribution System: The European Car Market,"
Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 4(1), pages 216-251, March.
- Brenkers, Randy & Verboven, Frank, 2002. "Liberalizing a Distribution System: the European Car Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 3622, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Korenok, Oleg & Hoffer, George E. & Millner, Edward L., 2010.
"Non-price determinants of automotive demand: Restyling matters most,"
Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(12), pages 1282-1289, December.
- Oleg Korenok & George E. Hoffer & Edward L. Millner, 2009. "Non-Price Determinants of Automotive Demand: Restyling Matters Most," Working Papers 0903, VCU School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Choi, Hyundo & Oh, Inha, 2010. "Analysis of product efficiency of hybrid vehicles and promotion policies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 2262-2271, May.
- Ivar Ekeland & James J. Heckman & Lars Nesheim, 2004.
"Identification and Estimation of Hedonic Models,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(S1), pages 60-109, February.
- Ivar Ekeland & James Heckman & Lars Nesheim, 2002. "Identification and estimation of hedonic models," CeMMAP working papers CWP07/02, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Ekeland, Ivar & Heckman, James J. & Nesheim, Lars, 2003. "Identification and Estimation of Hedonic Models," IZA Discussion Papers 853, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Ivar Ekeland & James J. Heckman & Lars P. Nesheim, 2003. "Identification and Estimation of Hedonic Models," NBER Working Papers 9910, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ivar Ekeland & James J. Heckman & Lars Nesheim, 2003. "Identification and Estimation of Hedonic Models," CESifo Working Paper Series 1031, CESifo.
- Seiford, Lawrence M. & Zhu, Joe, 2003. "Context-dependent data envelopment analysis--Measuring attractiveness and progress," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 397-408, October.
- Benito Arruñada & Luis Vázquez & Giorgio Zanarone, 2009.
"Institutional constraints on organizations: the case of Spanish car dealerships,"
Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(1), pages 15-26.
- Benito Arruñada & Luis Vázquez & Giorgio Zanarone, 1999. "Institutional constraints on organizations: The case of Spanish car dealerships," Economics Working Papers 348, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jun 2007.
- Chen, Chialin & Zhu, Joe & Yu, Jiun-Yu & Noori, Hamid, 2012. "A new methodology for evaluating sustainable product design performance with two-stage network data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 221(2), pages 348-359.
- Angel Fernandez-Castro & Peter Smith, "undated". "A Mathematical Programming Approach to Product Characteristics," Discussion Papers 96/3, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Ruben Chumpitaz & Kristiaan Kerstens & Nicholas Paparoidamis & Matthias Staat, 2010.
"Hedonic price function estimation in economics and marketing: revisiting Lancaster’s issue of “noncombinable” goods,"
Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 173(1), pages 145-161, January.
- R. Chumpitaz & K. Kerstens & N. Paparoidamis & M. Staat, 2010. "Hedonic price function estimation in economics and marketing : revisiting lancaster's issue of "noncombinable" goods," Post-Print halshs-00473166, HAL.
- B. Hollingsworth & P. Smith, 2003. "Use of ratios in data envelopment analysis," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(11), pages 733-735.
- Robert Thrall, 1999. "What Is the Economic Meaning of FDH?," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 243-250, June.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "The Economic Theory of Index Numbers and the Measurement of Input, Output, and Productivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1393-1414, November.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132-132.
- Cook, Wade D. & Tone, Kaoru & Zhu, Joe, 2014. "Data envelopment analysis: Prior to choosing a model," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 1-4.
- Hampf, Benjamin, 2013. "Nonparametric Efficiency Analysis in the Presence of Undesirable Outputs," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 61032, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- Inha Oh & Jeong-Dong Lee & Seogwon Hwang & Almas Heshmati, 2010.
"Analysis of product efficiency in the Korean automobile market from a consumer’s perspective,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 119-137, February.
- Oh, Inha & Lee, Jeong-Dong & Hwang, Seogwon & Heshmati, Almas, 2006. "Analysis of Product Efficiency in the Korean Automobile Market from a Consumer’s Perspective," Ratio Working Papers 95, The Ratio Institute.
- Doyle, JR & Green, RH, 1991. "Comparing products using data envelopment analysis," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 631-638.
- Mika Kortelainen & Timo Kuosmanen, 2007.
"Eco-efficiency analysis of consumer durables using absolute shadow prices,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 57-69, October.
- Mika Kortelainen & Timo Kuosmanen, 2005. "Eco-Efficiency Analysis of Consumer Durables Using Absolute Shadow Prices," Public Economics 0511022, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Liu, John S. & Lu, Louis Y.Y. & Lu, Wen-Min & Lin, Bruce J.Y., 2013. "Data envelopment analysis 1978–2010: A citation-based literature survey," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 3-15.
- Liu, John S. & Lu, Louis Y.Y. & Lu, Wen-Min & Lin, Bruce J.Y., 2013. "A survey of DEA applications," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 893-902.
- Bolton, Ruth N & Drew, James H, 1991. "A Multistage Model of Customers' Assessments of Service Quality and Value," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(4), pages 375-384, March.
- Antonio Alvarez & Carlos Arias, 2014. "A selection of relevant issues in applied stochastic frontier analysis," Economics and Business Letters, Oviedo University Press, vol. 3(1), pages 3-11.
- Kamakura, Wagner A & Ratchford, Brian T & Agrawal, Jagdish, 1988. "Measuring Market Efficiency and Welfare Loss," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(3), pages 289-302, December.
- Jeong-Dong Lee & Seogwon Hwang & Tai-Yoo Kim, 2005. "The Measurement of Consumption Efficiency Considering the Discrete Choice of Consumers," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 65-83, January.
- Kenneth E. Train & Clifford Winston, 2007. "Vehicle Choice Behavior And The Declining Market Share Of U.S. Automakers," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 48(4), pages 1469-1496, November.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Kwoka, John E, Jr, 1993. "The Sales and Competitive Effects of Styling and Advertising Practices in the U.S. Auto Industry," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(4), pages 649-656, November.
- Hwang, Shiuh-Nan & Chen, Chialin & Chen, Yao & Lee, Hsuan-Shih & Shen, Pei-Di, 2013. "Sustainable design performance evaluation with applications in the automobile industry: Focusing on inefficiency by undesirable factors," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 553-558.
- Angel S. Fernandez-Castro & Peter C. Smith, 2002. "Lancaster's characteristics approach revisited: product selection using non-parametric methods," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(2), pages 83-91.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/6486 is not listed on IDEAS
- Voltes-Dorta, Augusto & Perdiguero, Jordi & Jiménez, Juan Luis, 2013. "Are car manufacturers on the way to reduce CO2 emissions?: A DEA approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 77-86.
- Matthias Staat & Maik Hammerschmidt, 2005. "Product performance evaluation: a super-efficiency model," International Journal of Business Performance Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 7(3), pages 304-319.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huichen Jiang & Liyan Han & Yongbin Ding & Yifan He, 2018. "Operating Efficiency Evaluation of China Listed Automotive Firms: 2012–2016," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(1), pages 1-22, January.
- Lozano, Sebastián, 2016. "Slacks-based inefficiency approach for general networks with bad outputs: An application to the banking sector," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 73-84.
More about this item
KeywordsProduct efficiency; DEA; Automobile; Dealership; Discount; Spain;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:51:y:2015:i:c:p:38-48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.