Towards a consolidation of worldwide journal rankings – A classification using random forests and aggregate rating via data envelopment analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Abraham Diskin & Dan Felsenthal, 2007. "Individual rationality and bargaining," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 133(1), pages 25-29, October.
- Llamazares, Bonifacio & Pea, Teresa, 2009. "Preference aggregation and DEA: An analysis of the methods proposed to discriminate efficient candidates," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 197(2), pages 714-721, September.
- Liu, W.B. & Zhang, D.Q. & Meng, W. & Li, X.X. & Xu, F., 2011. "A study of DEA models without explicit inputs," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 472-480, October.
- George Emm Halkos & Nickolaos G. Tzeremes, 2011.
"Measuring economic journals’ citation efficiency: a data envelopment analysis approach,"
Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 88(3), pages 979-1001, September.
- George Emm. Halkos & Nickolaos G. Tzeremes, 2011. "Measuring Economic Journals' Citation Efficiency: A Data Envelopment Analysis Approach," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2011_13, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Halkos, George & Tzeremes, Nickolaos, 2011. "Measuring economic journals’ citation efficiency: A data envelopment analysis approach," MPRA Paper 29893, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wang, Ying-Ming & Chin, Kwai-Sang, 2010. "Some alternative models for DEA cross-efficiency evaluation," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 128(1), pages 332-338, November.
- Moed, Henk F., 2010. "Measuring contextual citation impact of scientific journals," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 265-277.
- Sönke Albers, 2009. "Misleading Rankings of Research in Business," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 10(3), pages 352-363, August.
- Meredith, Jack R. & Steward, Michelle D. & Lewis, Bruce R., 2011. "Knowledge dissemination in operations management: Published perceptions versus academic reality," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 435-446, August.
- Jones, M. J. & Brinn, T. & Pendlebury, M., 1996. "Journal evaluation methodologies: A balanced response," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 607-612, October.
- Lovell, C. A. Knox & Pastor, Jesus T., 1999. "Radial DEA models without inputs or without outputs," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 46-51, October.
- Günther G. Schulze & Susanne Warning & Christian Wiermann, 2008.
"Zeitschriftenrankings für die Wirtschaftswissenschaften – Konstruktion eines umfassenden Metaindexes,"
Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 9(3), pages 286-305, August.
- Susanne Warning & Christian Wiermann & Günther G. Schulze, 2008. "Zeitschriftenrankings für die Wirtschaftswissenschaften Konstruktion eines umfassenden Metaindexes," Discussion Paper Series 3, Department of International Economic Policy, University of Freiburg, revised Mar 2008.
- Bruno S. Frey & Katja Rost, 2010.
"Do rankings reflect research quality?,"
Journal of Applied Economics,
Universidad del CEMA, vol. 13, pages 1-38, May.
- Bruno S. Frey & Katja Rost, 2008. "Do Rankings Reflect Research Quality?," IEW - Working Papers 390, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Bruno S. Frey & Katja Rost, 2008. "Do Rankings Reflect Research Quality?," CESifo Working Paper Series 2443, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bruno S. Frey & Katja Rost, 2008. "Do Rankings Reflect Research Quality?," CREMA Working Paper Series 2008-22, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Hapfelmeier, A. & Hothorn, T. & Ulm, K., 2012. "Recursive partitioning on incomplete data using surrogate decisions and multiple imputation," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(6), pages 1552-1565.
- Cook, Wade D. & Tone, Kaoru & Zhu, Joe, 2014. "Data envelopment analysis: Prior to choosing a model," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 1-4.
- Bancroft, Diccon R. E. & Gopinath, C. & Kovacs, Agnes M. & Rejto, Lidia K., 1999. "A new methodology for aggregating tables: Summarizing journal quality data," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 311-319, May.
- Timothy Clark & Mike Wright, 2007. "Reviewing Journal Rankings and Revisiting Peer Reviews: Editorial Perspectives," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(4), pages 612-621, June.
- Cook, Wade D. & Doyle, John & Green, Rodney & Kress, Moshe, 1997. "Multiple criteria modelling and ordinal data: Evaluation in terms of subsets of criteria," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(3), pages 602-609, May.
- Liu, John S. & Lu, Louis Y.Y. & Lu, Wen-Min & Lin, Bruce J.Y., 2013. "Data envelopment analysis 1978–2010: A citation-based literature survey," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 3-15.
- Liu, John S. & Lu, Louis Y.Y. & Lu, Wen-Min & Lin, Bruce J.Y., 2013. "A survey of DEA applications," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 893-902.
- K S Park & I Jeong, 2011. "How to treat strict preference information in multicriteria decision analysis," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 62(10), pages 1771-1783, October.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Hashimoto, Akihiro, 1997. "A ranked voting system using a DEA/AR exclusion model: A note," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 97(3), pages 600-604, March.
- Stefano Benati & Silvana Stefani, 2011. "The Academic Journal Ranking Problem: A Fuzzy-Clustering Approach," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 28(1), pages 7-20, April.
- Garry D. Bruton & Chung‐Ming Lau, 2008. "Asian Management Research: Status Today and Future Outlook," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(3), pages 636-659, May.
- Foroughi, A.A. & Tamiz, M., 2005. "An effective total ranking model for a ranked voting system," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 491-496, December.
- Theuβl, Stefan & Reutterer, Thomas & Hornik, Kurt, 2014. "How to derive consensus among various marketing journal rankings?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(5), pages 998-1006.
- Diskin, Abraham & Felsenthal, Dan S., 2007. "Individual rationality and bargaining," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24233, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Green, Rodney H. & Doyle, John R. & Cook, Wade D., 1996. "Preference voting and project ranking using DEA and cross-evaluation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 461-472, May.
- Christopher Paul & William Mason & Daniel McCaffrey & Sarah Fox, 2008. "A cautionary case study of approaches to the treatment of missing data," Statistical Methods & Applications, Springer;Società Italiana di Statistica, vol. 17(3), pages 351-372, July.
- Frank L DuBois & David Reeb, 2000. "Ranking the International Business Journals," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 31(4), pages 689-704, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Merigó, José M. & Yang, Jian-Bo, 2017. "A bibliometric analysis of operations research and management science," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 37-48.
- Rosenthal, Edward C. & Weiss, Howard J., 2017. "A data envelopment analysis approach for ranking journals," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 135-147.
- Ryazanova, Olga & McNamara, Peter & Aguinis, Herman, 2017. "Research performance as a quality signal in international labor markets: Visibility of business schools worldwide through a global research performance system," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 831-841.
- Li, Zongmin & Xu, Jiuping & Lev, Benjamin & Gang, Jun, 2015. "Multi-criteria group individual research output evaluation based on context-free grammar judgments with assessing attitude," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 57(PB), pages 282-293.
- Ghulam, Yaseen & Jaffry, Shabbar, 2015. "Efficiency and productivity of the cement industry: Pakistani experience of deregulation and privatisation," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 101-115.
- Rialp, Alex & Merigó, José M. & Cancino, Christian A. & Urbano, David, 2019. "Twenty-five years (1992–2016) of the International Business Review: A bibliometric overview," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1-1.
- Sahoo, Biresh K. & Singh, Ramadhar & Mishra, Bineet & Sankaran, Krithiga, 2017. "Research productivity in management schools of India during 1968-2015: A directional benefit-of-doubt model analysis," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 66(PA), pages 118-139.
More about this item
KeywordsCitation indices; Journal rankings; Journal lists; Research assessment; Data envelopment analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:51:y:2015:i:c:p:11-23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.