Non-Price Determinants of Automotive Demand: Restyling Matters Most
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Korenok, Oleg & Hoffer, George E. & Millner, Edward L., 2010. "Non-price determinants of automotive demand: Restyling matters most," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(12), pages 1282-1289, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- McCarthy, Patrick S, 1996. "Market Price and Income Elasticities of New Vehicles Demand," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(3), pages 543-547, August.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F., 1981. "Departures from marginal-cost pricing in the American automobile industry : Estimates for 1977-1978," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 201-227, November.
- Chang, Dae Ryun & Cho, Hang, 2008. "Organizational memory influences new product success," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 13-23, January.
- Reilly, Robert J & Hoffer, George E, 1983. "Will Retarding the Information Flow on Automobile Recalls Affect Consumer Demand?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 21(3), pages 444-447, July.
- Kim, Chung Koo, 1996. "The interaction between price and long-run variables in a multinational brand market," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-14, September.
- Berry, Steven & Levinsohn, James & Pakes, Ariel, 1995. "Automobile Prices in Market Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(4), pages 841-890, July.
- Nakata, Cheryl & Im, Subin & Park, Heungsoo & Ha, Young-Won, 2006. "Antecedents and consequence of Korean and Japanese new product advantage," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 28-36, January.
- Meghan Busse & Jorge Silva-Risso & Florian Zettelmeyer, 2006. "$1,000 Cash Back: The Pass-Through of Auto Manufacturer Promotions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(4), pages 1253-1270, September.
- Kenneth E. Train & Clifford Winston, 2007. "Vehicle Choice Behavior And The Declining Market Share Of U.S. Automakers," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 48(4), pages 1469-1496, November.
- Carbonell, Pilar & Rodriguez, Ana I., 2006. "Designing teams for speedy product development: The moderating effect of technological complexity," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 225-232, February.
- Kwoka, John E, Jr, 1993. "The Sales and Competitive Effects of Styling and Advertising Practices in the U.S. Auto Industry," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(4), pages 649-656, November.
- Devavrat Purohit, 1992. "Exploring the Relationship Between the Markets for New and Used Durable Goods: The Case of Automobiles," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 11(2), pages 154-167.
- Boulding, William & Purohit, Devavrat, 1996. " The Price of Safety," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(1), pages 12-25, June.
- Delre, S.A. & Jager, W. & Bijmolt, T.H.A. & Janssen, M.A., 2007. "Targeting and timing promotional activities: An agent-based model for the takeoff of new products," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(8), pages 826-835, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- González, Eduardo & Cárcaba, Ana & Ventura, Juan, 2015. "How car dealers adjust prices to reach the product efficiency frontier in the Spanish automobile market," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 38-48.
More about this item
Keywordsautomobile pricing; warranty; safety appliances; rebranding; reliability;
- L62 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Automobiles; Other Transportation Equipment; Related Parts and Equipment
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L15 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Information and Product Quality
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
- M37 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Advertising
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vcu:wpaper:0903. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oleg Korenok). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edvcuus.html .