Reliability evaluation for airline network design in response to fluctuation in passenger demand
This study develops a reliability evaluation method for airline network design. Reliability evaluation in the airline network design phase is considered herein as a post-design task. A series of models for determining flight frequencies on individual routes, evaluating reliability under normal/abnormal demand fluctuations, and providing a priori adjustment of flight frequencies are presented. A case study demonstrating the feasibility of applying the proposed models is provided. Study results not only suggest a post evaluation and adjustment method for airline network design in response to future uncertain fluctuation in passenger demand, but also provide ways to improve flexibility in airline flight frequency decision-making.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 30 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aykin, Turgut, 1995. "The hub location and routing problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 200-219, May.
- Skorin-Kapov, Darko & Skorin-Kapov, Jadranka & O'Kelly, Morton, 1996. "Tight linear programming relaxations of uncapacitated p-hub median problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 582-593, November.
- Powell, Warren B., 1982. "Analysis of airline operating strategies under stochastic demand," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 31-43, February.
- Skorin-Kapov, Darko & Skorin-Kapov, Jadranka, 1994. "On tabu search for the location of interacting hub facilities," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 73(3), pages 502-509, March.
- O'kelly, Morton E., 1987. "A quadratic integer program for the location of interacting hub facilities," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 393-404, December.
- Teodorovic, Dusan & Kalic, Milica & Pavkovic, Goran, 1994. "The potential for using fuzzy set theory in airline network design," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 103-121, April.
- Hsu, Chaug-Ing & Wen, Yuh-Horng, 2000. "Application of Grey theory and multiobjective programming towards airline network design," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 127(1), pages 44-68, November.
- Du, Zhen-Ping & Nicholson, Alan, 1997. "Degradable transportation systems: Sensitivity and reliability analysis," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 225-237, June.
- Campbell, James F., 1994. "Integer programming formulations of discrete hub location problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 387-405, January.
- O'Kelly, M. E. & Bryan, D. L., 1998. "Hub location with flow economies of scale," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 605-616, November.
- A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1959. "Chance-Constrained Programming," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(1), pages 73-79, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:30:y:2002:i:3:p:197-213. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.