Location models for airline hubs behaving as M/D/c queues
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Marianov, Vladimir & Serra, Daniel & ReVelle, Charles, 1999. "Location of hubs in a competitive environment," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 363-371, April.
- Marianov, Vladimir & ReVelle, Charles, 1996. "The Queueing Maximal availability location problem: A model for the siting of emergency vehicles," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 110-120, August.
- Skorin-Kapov, Darko & Skorin-Kapov, Jadranka, 1994. "On tabu search for the location of interacting hub facilities," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 73(3), pages 502-509, March.
- Marianov, Vladimir & Revelle, Charles, 1994. "The queuing probabilistic location set covering problem and some extensions," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 167-178.
- O'kelly, Morton E., 1987. "A quadratic integer program for the location of interacting hub facilities," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 393-404, December.
- Klincewicz, J. G., 1991. "Heuristics for the p-hub location problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 25-37, July.
- Vladimir Marianov & Daniel Serra, 1994. "Probabilistic maximal covering location models for congested systems," Economics Working Papers 70, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Aykin, Turgut, 1995. "The hub location and routing problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 200-219, May.
- Campbell, James F., 1994. "Integer programming formulations of discrete hub location problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 387-405, January.
- Berman, Oded & Mandowsky, Ronald R., 1986. "Location-allocation on congested networks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 238-250, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jayaswal, Sachin & Vidyarthi, Navneet, 2013. "Capacitated Multiple Allocation Hub Location with Service Level Constraints for Multiple Consignment Classes," IIMA Working Papers WP2013-11-02, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Ishfaq, Rafay & Sox, Charles R., 2012. "Design of intermodal logistics networks with hub delays," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 220(3), pages 629-641.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:60:y:2009:i:5:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2602606 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:compst:v:73:y:2011:i:1:p:1-18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Caccavale, Maria Virginia & Iovanella, Antonio & Lancia, Carlo & Lulli, Guglielmo & Scoppola, Benedetto, 2014. "A model of inbound air traffic: The application to Heathrow airport," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 116-122.
- Edward Hult & Houyuan Jiang & Daniel Ralph, 2014. "Exact computational approaches to a stochastic uncapacitated single allocation p-hub center problem," Computational Optimization and Applications, Springer, vol. 59(1), pages 185-200, October.
- Vahdani, Behnam & Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, Reza & Modarres, Mohammad & Baboli, Armand, 2012. "Reliable design of a forward/reverse logistics network under uncertainty: A robust-M/M/c queuing model," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(6), pages 1152-1168.
- G. Guadagni & S. Ndreca & B. Scoppola, 2011. "Queueing systems with pre-scheduled random arrivals," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 73(1), pages 1-18, February.
- Alumur, Sibel A. & Nickel, Stefan & Saldanha-da-Gama, Francisco, 2012. "Hub location under uncertainty," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 529-543.
- Zhongfeng Qin & Yuan Gao, 2017. "Uncapacitated $$p$$ p -hub location problem with fixed costs and uncertain flows," Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 705-716, March.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:61:y:2010:i:6:d:10.1057_jors.2009.12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Contreras, Ivan & Cordeau, Jean-François & Laporte, Gilbert, 2011. "Stochastic uncapacitated hub location," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 212(3), pages 518-528, August.
More about this item
KeywordsHub location; congestion; tabu-search;
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- R53 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Public Facility Location Analysis; Public Investment and Capital Stock
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2000-04-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-IND-2000-04-17 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-REG-2000-04-11 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upf:upfgen:453. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.upf.edu/ .