Estimating structural VARMA models with uncorrelated but non-independent error terms
The asymptotic properties of the quasi-maximum likelihood estimator (QMLE) of vector autoregressive moving-average (VARMA) models are derived under the assumption that the errors are uncorrelated but not necessarily independent nor martingale differences. Relaxing the martingale difference assumption on the errors considerably extends the range of application of the VARMA models, and allows one to cover linear representations of general nonlinear processes. Conditions are given for the asymptotic normality of the QMLE. Particular attention is given to the estimation of the asymptotic variance matrix, which may be very different from that obtained in the standard framework.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 102 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Francq, Christian & Zakoïan, Jean-Michel, 2007. "HAC estimation and strong linearity testing in weak ARMA models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 114-144, January.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986.
"A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014. "A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-08, May.
- Donald W.K. Andrews, 1988.
"Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
877R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jul 1989.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1991. "Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 817-58, May.
- Christian Kascha, 2007. "A Comparison of Estimation Methods for Vector Autoregressive Moving-Average Models," Economics Working Papers ECO2007/12, European University Institute.
- Findley, David F. & Potscher, Benedikt M. & Wei, Ching-Zong, 2004. "Modeling of time series arrays by multistep prediction or likelihood methods," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 118(1-2), pages 151-187.
- Duchesne, Pierre & Roy, Roch, 2004. "On consistent testing for serial correlation of unknown form in vector time series models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 148-180, April.
- Christian Francq & Jean-Michel Zakoïan, 1997.
"Estimating Weak Garch Representations,"
97-40, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Kohn, R, 1979. "Asymptotic Estimation and Hypothesis Testing Results for Vector Linear Time Series Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(4), pages 1005-30, July.
- Christian Francq & Hamdi Raïssi, 2007. "Multivariate Portmanteau Test For Autoregressive Models with Uncorrelated but Nonindependent Errors," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(3), pages 454-470, 05.
- Francq, Christian & Roy, Roch & Zakoian, Jean-Michel, 2005. "Diagnostic Checking in ARMA Models With Uncorrelated Errors," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 532-544, June.
- Hannan, E. J. & Dunsmuir, W. T. M. & Deistler, M., 1980. "Estimation of vector ARMAX models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 275-295, September.
- Nsiri, Saïd & Roy, Roch, 1996. "Identification of Refined ARMA Echelon Form Models for Multivariate Time Series," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 207-231, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:102:y:2011:i:3:p:496-505. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.